What's new

Conley Officially a Jazzman

There isn’t anyone more injury prone in the league than Exum.

Furthermore, the only reason Favors has started playing well again is because he’s been on a permanent minutes-restriction. Is that because he can’t stay healthy, or is it because he can’t play alongside our best players? I don’t know, but I guess we better keep shelling $17 million a year with glee to find out.

Better than shelling it out for Love who is indeed fragile and has been hurt a lot.

I expect better ideas from you. Love is by far one of the worst.

Keep in mind that as someone pointed out, if we do that we lose his Bird rights and therefore can't go over the cap to re-sign him. That puts a serious limit to his salary ($12 million? I forget) which someone else might well beat, even if that team were not interested in picking him up at the $18 million level.

I understand the numbers. If we waive him, we still have the cap to sign him up to around $16 million. In my mind, anything we sign him to that's below $17.7 is a win. Go ahead and lock him up a few years but making substantially less.

Our depth desperately needs more than a $4.7 room exception and minimum contracts.

If we tell Favors we are waiving him with the expectation to sign him to a long term deal, he'll understand we are trying to do right by him. If somebody picks him up at $17.7, which I don't think any team will, then we change plans.

Just adding Conley and keeping Favors is not enough. We must do more.

Which one actually sucks when they play?

Lol sucks? Damn he was way better than you give him credit for. At still played more games than love.

I’m not bashing the idea of getting someone by waving favors. I’m bashing the idea of love. Way better players out there. Healthier players.

Lol sucks? Damn he was way better than you give him credit for. At still played more games than love.
That’s a good point. Exum played in 42 games. Love played in 22.

Exum scored 288 points, Love scored 374.

Exum hit 18 threes. Love hit 53.

Love had a down year. Exum had an Exum year.

Ignoring contract and injuries, I really like the idea of Love.

But in today’s nba, is a Conley, Ingles, Love, Gobert lineup fast/quick/athletic/long (not Gobert) enough to win it all?

That’s a good point. Exum played in 42 games. Love played in 22.

Exum scored 288 points, Love scored 374.

Exum hit 18 threes. Love hit 53.

Love had a down year. Exum had an Exum year.

Lol yea huge difference. Way healthier players out there to choose. Cheaper ones too.

I’m down for a long/athletic 4 who has some semblance of a shot at 53. A high upside/project guy.

Ignoring contract and injuries, I really like the idea of Love.

But in today’s nba, is a Conley, Ingles, Love, Gobert lineup fast/quick/athletic/long (not Gobert) enough to win it all?
We would own the glass and have four big threats from deep. The amount of space we’d have in pick and rolls and the threat of a Gobert lob or outback balanced by the threat of an Ingles, Mitchell, Love or Conley three ball. Imagine how easy Ingles job becomes.