What's new

Conley wants to resign. “Utah’s got me.”

Thee Idiotic Minivan K

Sounds like he’d give the jazz a discount the way he talks about the team. He knows Utah is the best situation for him, wish Hayward realized this before it was too late.

Seriously though, does retaining his bird rights require giving him an extension? Or can we just start a whole new contract from scratch?

So say we give him a two year deal starting at 15M... that means we are paying about 45M in tax next year... the year after it gets really ugly. 15M is likely a discount... I don't think you get him for less than that is he stays healthy. Could see a team like NY or another bottom feeder coming with a bigger one or two year offer. Might also see really enticing taxpayer MLE offers from the Lakers. I don't think he'd go that route.

I don't think we can make a trade this season, but this offseason I think you will see either Mike walks, Bojan is traded for less or no salary, Favs is moved for less or no salary.

Seriously though, does retaining his bird rights require giving him an extension? Or can we just start a whole new contract from scratch?
We can give him whatever deal he wants this offseason. We can't extend him right now for less than like 27M a year which is way too high imo.

This was a given. Smith and Mike are besties from even before he bought the team.

Jazz have to be careful. They could be in it with Bogey and Conley past their prime for a ton of $$$$

So say we give him a two year deal starting at 15M... that means we are paying about 45M in tax next year... the year after it gets really ugly. 15M is likely a discount... I don't think you get him for less than that is he stays healthy. Could see a team like NY or another bottom feeder coming with a bigger one or two year offer. Might also see really enticing taxpayer MLE offers from the Lakers. I don't think he'd go that route.

I don't think we can make a trade this season, but this offseason I think you will see either Mike walks, Bojan is traded for less or no salary, Favs is moved for less or no salary.
I would be fine losing favors at this point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Bare minimum you got to give him something like 50 million over 3 years to come in with a respectful offer.
We always give one extra year that we shouldn't so this would make sense.

I think we are choosing between Bojan and Mike this offseason. If we can't find a trade partner for Bogey then someone might be making that decision for us.

I would be fine losing favors at this point.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app
Finding a trade partner may be tough if he isn't healthy. I also think it will be rough in the locker room... its a business so whatevs. I think the easiest fix is we trade Bojan this offseason very little or no salary.

I don't think we'd do it with all the good vibes... but if you moved him for Rudy Gay we'd add some variety in the frontcourt and clear some space out this offseason.

This was a given. Smith and Mike are besties from even before he bought the team.

Jazz have to be careful. They could be in it with Bogey and Conley past their prime for a ton of $$$$
If they are bros then Ryan can give Mike the old Dirk and Cuban deal... Hey Dirk take less money and we will do some "business" deals later to make you whole.