What's new

Contender or Pretender?

The difference between the two, Boozer boxes out to rebound, Millsap hustles to rebound. You can tell by the number of offensive rebounds each gets. Boozer would get 8-9 Defensive, 1-2 offensive. Millsap gets 5-6 defensive, 4-5 offensive.

Fundamentals > Hustle

Boozer boxes out to rebound? Hell yeahhhh... He tries to outjump his opponents. He is so concerned with getting the rebounds all by himself that one can remeber hundreads of posessions in which Carlos pushes even his teammates to get that uncontested rebounds. Boozer has a knack for ball and is strong, gets to the proper position and when he is on the floor, the Jazz would get "net" rebounds leading to quick transition offense. That was crucial, "net" rebounds. However, I completely disagree on the idea that Boozer boxes out well.

Paul Millsap and Big Al upfront has been a disaster on rebounds. They should play to their strengths they are not the strongest players on the court, they will not get the advantage in physical contacts and they are not that long. BOX OUT guys...

Boozer boxes out to rebound? Hell yeahhhh... He tries to outjump his opponents. He is so concerned with getting the rebounds all by himself that one can remeber hundreads of posessions in which Carlos pushes even his teammates to get that uncontested rebounds. Boozer has a knack for ball and is strong, gets to the proper position and when he is on the floor, the Jazz would get "net" rebounds leading to quick transition offense. That was crucial, "net" rebounds. However, I completely disagree on the idea that Boozer boxes out well.

Paul Millsap and Big Al upfront has been a disaster on rebounds. They should play to their strengths they are not the strongest players on the court, they will not get the advantage in physical contacts and they are not that long. BOX OUT guys...

Get a grip people. I would rather have Milsap playing defense, and missing a few box outs because he was defending, than wave the red tablecloth at the defender, then box out for a possible rebound.

The increased D, and contested shots is more important at this point.... but yes it would be nice to rebound more of those misses, and allow less Offensive Boards to the other teams.

AK needs to rebound more this year, he is pathetic right now, and we all know he can.

I'd do Memo for SJax straight across, maybe..... depends on how Jax is playing.

Yeah, but they wouldn't. Memo's coming off a major injury and Hayward or Miles would be needed. Minimally I'd think.

This is the type of trade that could make us legit contenders imo, so long as SJax is on board with what we want to do.

Get a grip people. I would rather have Milsap playing defense, and missing a few box outs because he was defending, than wave the red tablecloth at the defender, then box out for a possible rebound.

The increased D, and contested shots is more important at this point.... but yes it would be nice to rebound more of those misses, and allow less Offensive Boards to the other teams.

AK needs to rebound more this year, he is pathetic right now, and we all know he can.

I agree with you. I'm OK with Paul missing a few rebounds or not having a proper position to box out due to the defensive assignments, however, it's not an excuse. I'm not criticising only Paul or AJ for not boxing out, I think rebounding is a teamwork and players like CJ, AK and Hayward should contribute more in the rebounding department. We should not be talking about "rebounding weaknesses" right now, this is a correctable mistake and I look forward to seeing a much concerted effort on the boards. There should be no difference between Deron getting and uncontested rebound thanks to Paul's putting a body between his man and the basket and Millsap's or Jefferson's getting a rebound after fighting for it for 3-4 seconds, which prevents us from getting into transition, into the flow of the game and let the oppoent set its defensive structure. That's my disappointment so far.

A little to early to tell.

They have 2 big wins obviously but then they lost against some subpar teams.

They have the best PG in basketball in Deron Williams, a top 5 center, and a guy who will be a top 10 power forward very soon in Milsap.

However they have a rather weak bench, and some rather average wing players.

I like this team, however I think they are probably a piece or two away from being a legit title contender.

I agree with you. I'm OK with Paul missing a few rebounds or not having a proper position to box out due to the defensive assignments, however, it's not an excuse. I'm not criticising only Paul or AJ for not boxing out, I think rebounding is a teamwork and players like CJ, AK and Hayward should contribute more in the rebounding department. We should not be talking about "rebounding weaknesses" right now, this is a correctable mistake and I look forward to seeing a much concerted effort on the boards. There should be no difference between Deron getting and uncontested rebound thanks to Paul's putting a body between his man and the basket and Millsap's or Jefferson's getting a rebound after fighting for it for 3-4 seconds, which prevents us from getting into transition, into the flow of the game and let the oppoent set its defensive structure. That's my disappointment so far.

I hear you, and am with you on this. It was nice to see AK grab 12 boards tonight in Atlanta, which is the reason Sap only had 5 or 6. We need to get back to outrebounding our opponents.

The difference between the two, Boozer boxes out to rebound, Millsap hustles to rebound. You can tell by the number of offensive rebounds each gets. Boozer would get 8-9 Defensive, 1-2 offensive. Millsap gets 5-6 defensive, 4-5 offensive.

Fundamentals > Hustle

Boozer forsakes defense to rebound. He does not box out any better than Millsap or Jefferson. He just positions for rebounds at the expense of actually trying to stop people from shooting.

All around game>>>>>>>than offense and rebounding only mentality.