What's new

Cool story about JLIII

MoTappin

I know, I know...But this is a cool story about the guy being a class act. Gave me new respect for him as a person.

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=27866701&n...ghtful-jazz-guy&fm=home_page&s_cid=featured-4

Here is a snippet, but you should read the whole thing..

SALT LAKE CITY — During my two decades of being a sports writer, I've discovered that some of the best stories don't happen during games.

My favorite personal story from covering the Utah Jazz this season happened last week between the team's win over Chicago on Monday and its loss to Phoenix on Friday.

This uplifting story involved a struggling Jazz player who's received much more negative attention than positive because of some on-court difficulties.

It also involved kids, my kids, who couldn't care less about missed shots or statistics.

The Jazz, who lost 14 of their first 15 games, need all the extra work they can get, so it wasn't surprising when coaches scheduled a practice for Thanksgiving morning. Of course, I grumbled when I found out. If the team practiced, I also had to be there. There are two things sports writers usually don't have: weekends and holidays.

I decided to make the most of it. With the Jazz's permission, I brought three of my four children to Thursday's 9 a.m. practice.

Several players were shooting on the courts at Zions Bank Basketball Center when we arrived at 8:30. While waiting for Jazz coach Tyrone Corbin to come out of his office for an interview, my kids and I sat on the gym's purple bleachers and watched players warm up.

Read more at https://www.ksl.com/?nid=1286&sid=27866701#GUYdWgTgYLGT38tp.99

This sports writer and his 3 kids went to Thanksgiving morning practice (with team permission). JLIII and Marvin W came over and greeted the kids, Ty said hi to them. JLIII asked each kid what their favorite pie was. They all said pumpkin. He asked if they had ever had pumpkin cheesecake. When they said no, he said they should go to the Cheesecake Factory and have their dad buy them some. The next day, after AM shoot around for Friday's game agains Phx, the writer was waiting in the hallway to do interviews. When Lucas came out and saw him, he said, "I've got something for your kids." He came back out of the locker room with take-out containers full of pumpkin cheesecake from the Cheesecake Factory. The writer talks about how we tend to see these guys for their game only, but that they're real people and apparently JLIII is the nice and thoughtful kind.

Yeah that's cool, but he doesn't get paid $1,600,000 to deliver pie. He sucks as an NBA player and no amount of goodwill and pie can change that.

Yeah that's cool, but he doesn't get paid $1,600,000 to deliver pie. He sucks as an NBA player and no amount of goodwill and pie can change that.

God Bless America

God Bless America

Ohhh Canada

bustedtees.e94c1a298df754d742c03685bbfdb252.gif

This story doesn't surprise me. I'm a big fan of JLIII's off court demeanor. He's always great in interviews and seems a very cheerful person. I'm sure he's more than grateful that the Jazz offered him $1.6mm to play tank commander.

Are you trying to be funny or ruffle feathers, cuz you failed at both.

Lucas III is being paid $1,600,000 to be the best loser in the league and he's doing a damn fine job at keeping spirits high while everyone points the finger at him. He's a team favorite, people inside the orgy love him, Trey's mom has taken a liking to him... class act guy. I'm glad they signed him instead of some jackass who'd pull Earl Watson or Roger Braille antics all season long.

I was saying that I agree with you, dumb ****. Read meaning number one of qft in the link to the Urban Dictionary below and then chill out.
https://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=QFT

I thought you meant this definition

Quoted For Truth. Generaly used on internet forumafter quoting someone to make sure they cannot go back and change what they've already posted. Sometimes used to express you agree with the opinion. "QFT, brutha." is different from "QFT you ****ing bitch!"

I really wasn't mad and I certainly didn't mean to piss you off. I took it as bold but suspected you may have meant something else which is why my post began with the confused question "why?"

Are you trying to be funny or ruffle feathers, cuz you failed at both.

Lucas III is being paid $1,600,000 to be the best loser in the league and he's doing a damn fine job at keeping spirits high while everyone points the finger at him. He's a team favorite, people inside the orgy love him, Trey's mom has taken a liking to him... class act guy. I'm glad they signed him instead of some jackass who'd pull Earl Watson or Roger Braille antics all season long.

Neither. That's really how I feel. I'm down for Lucas leading the tank but a puff piece isn't going to change my view of him as an athlete. I really hope he doesn't come back next year, so it's better not to get too attached.

I thought you meant this definition

Quoted For Truth. Generaly used on internet forumafter quoting someone to make sure they cannot go back and change what they've already posted. Sometimes used to express you agree with the opinion. "QFT, brutha." is different from "QFT you ****ing bitch!"

I really wasn't mad and I certainly didn't mean to piss you off. I took it as bold but suspected you may have meant something else which is why my post began with the confused question "why?"

I thought joe meant quit ****ing talking