What's new

Cool story

Who were you mooning?

One of my friends in high school.... at my school there were 2 full time cops patrolling the school at all times and i was goofing around and mooned my friend not know that one of the cops was in the hallway a little way back.
The wost part was that the cop yelled at me not to move and so i just stood there with my hands behind my back waiting for him and he grabbed my wrist from behind and slammed me against the brick wall, causing my head to get cup open.... Then he cuffed me and walked me to the pricipals office with my pants still down (underwear was back up at least) and sat me in a chair in the pricipals office with cuffs on and left me there.
This same police officer maced my best friend on another occasion while my friend was laying face down on the floor with the cop kneeling on his back...... dude was total dick.

Yeah, so do 7-11 clerks but we expect them to be civil.

And the cops that may pull that off may be in the extreme minority, but they are covered up by many people in their profession, hence the distrust by much of the population.

So you are comparing gas station clerks to cops? Good call, did HeavenHarris steal your login info?

Nate505 - I guess 7-11 cashiers have to walk into classrooms full of dead kids, have to see dead bodies regularly, have to walk into situations where the person they are there to get might really want to kill them, have to have ******* people chew them out for doing their job, yeah 7-11 cashiers have it rough.

Nate, in my understanding, the landscape of Law Enforcement has changed vastly post Rodney King regarding what you are talking about. A high calls-for-service volume and being judged on your response time to those calls has done away with beat cops in everywhere but the largest of cities. Efforts are in place, at least in Utah and I'm sure elsewhere to bring back the community police mentality, like Shop-with-a-Cop at Christmastime.

I'm not saying things don't happen. Like someone else said cops are human, but in my experience 99.5 are always trying to do the right thing. The other .5 get the media.

Nate505 - I guess 7-11 cashiers have to walk into classrooms full of dead kids, have to see dead bodies regularly, have to walk into situations where the person they are there to get might really want to kill them, have to have ******* people chew them out for doing their job, yeah 7-11 cashiers have it rough.

You're using the shootings in Connecticut to make this point? And you're asking me if HH stole my login info?

And yes I'm equating the two jobs, at least in terms of danger and dealing with undesirable people (remember, that is the point you initially made). Both professions face danger depending on where they happen to work. I guarantee you the average Lakewood cop has never seen dead bodies on a regular basis, considering the city averages a whopping 1-2 murders a year. In fact, according to the US Dept of Labor in 2009 52 convenience store workers were killed on the job compared to 46 police officers. I have no idea of what that breaks down per capita but I doubt one is much larger than the other. And plenty of ******** blast cashiers for doing their job. That's part of the deal when doing customer service, dealing with jackasses. None of that gives cops the right to be jerks to the public (you know, the ones who are taxed so they can receive a salary), especially since none of this is exactly hidden from them when they take the job, and since nobody is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to be a cop.

Last edited:
Nate, in my understanding, the landscape of Law Enforcement has changed vastly post Rodney King regarding what you are talking about. A high calls-for-service volume and being judged on your response time to those calls has done away with beat cops in everywhere but the largest of cities. Efforts are in place, at least in Utah and I'm sure elsewhere to bring back the community police mentality, like Shop-with-a-Cop at Christmastime.

I'm not saying things don't happen. Like someone else said cops are human, but in my experience 99.5 are always trying to do the right thing. The other .5 get the media.

I hope that's the case, and maybe it's impractical for beat cops to exist anymore, but I do believe that people not knowing cops on a personal basis and only dealing with them when they get tickets (it's been my experience that generally law abiding people only deal with them when getting caught for speeding or if they have to report something, and I'd also wager the former is more common the latter) paints a negative perception of them by the public. Maybe not a fair one, but it's easy to see that if you only deal with a certain profession and they are handing you a fine you might build some resentment towards that profession, especially if you don't have anything else to counter it with. One could also argue that by speeding you are the one responsible for the ticket, but humans have an amazing way of rationalizing things so they aren't at fault.

And I agree, I'm guessing cops that actually break rules are the small minority. I'm more worried about the good cops who see this and don't report them. In other words it's the age old adage of 'who polices the police.' If nobody does, well, it joins together closely with another adage that 'power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely.'

You're using the shootings in Connecticut to make this point? And you're asking me if HH stole my login info?

And yes I'm equating the two jobs, at least in terms of danger and dealing with undesirable people (remember, that is the point you initially made). Both professions face danger depending on where they happen to work. I guarantee you the average Lakewood cop has never seen dead bodies on a regular basis, considering the city averages a whopping 1-2 murders a year. In fact, according to the US Dept of Labor in 2009 52 convenience store workers were killed on the job compared to 46 police officers. I have no idea of what that breaks down per capita but I doubt one is much larger than the other. And plenty of ******** blast cashiers for doing their job. That's part of the deal when doing customer service, dealing with jackasses. None of that gives cops the right to be jerks to the public (you know, the ones who are taxed so they can receive a salary), especially since none of this is exactly hidden from them when they take the job, and since nobody is putting a gun to their head and forcing them to be a cop.

According to the LEOKA website 48 Officers were feloniously killed in the line of duty. Another 47 died as a result of accidents in the line of duty. 57,268 were assaulted in the line of duty with a 23.5 percent injury rate. I would agree with you that this gives no one the right to be a jerk to the general public, but there's more to it then just that. There are certain situations where you see something that sticks with you and then you have to turn around a few minutes later and go deal with someone whose less then pleasant and the previous situation may be on your mind (not an excuse still, but more of a reason). And believe it or not, murder aside, some crazy stuff goes down in cities both big and small.

As to your other theory on beat cops, I think that is a part of it. I also think that the "stop-snitching" culture, certain media bias, certain frivolous lawsuits, and a myriad of other factors play a role.

You are equating being a 7-11 clerk to being a police officer in terms of danger? You cannot be serious. My BIL is a cop in Salt Lake, I had dinner with him Saturday night so I took the opportunity to ask him about his week. Just last week he was a first responder to 2 suicides, 1 by shotgun, 1 by hanging, a domestic violence call where the husband had a knife to his wifes throat when he got there, 1 bloody car wreck, and had to kick down the door of a drug dealer. Who the **** is blasting cashiers, they take your money and give you your change? Sounds like you are hanging out with some whiny *** douche bags. The 7-11 cashier and the cop are out to get them. Since you pay taxes to have police officers protect you, next time you get pulled over for doing something ILLEGAL, he better give you a tugjob and a scalp massage, since you pay his salary after all. Cool story bro.

Seriously?

Are we talking about the NYPD or are you still media stained by the elementary school incident?
Hardly any of those things you described ever happen in the small town I live in, or the other thousands of small towns that most police patrol.

Police departments specifically bring in Napoleon complex type individuals, with high egos for a reason.
Most are short, fat, and were either picked on as a kid, or they were the former high school football fathead looking to relive his glory days.

Seriously?

Are we talking about the NYPD or are you still media stained by the elementary school incident?
Hardly any of those things you described ever happen in the small town I live in, or the other thousands of small towns that most police patrol.

Police departments specifically bring in Napoleon complex type individuals, with high egos for a reason.
Most are short, fat, and were either picked on as a kid, or they were the former high school football fathead looking to relive his glory days.

This is about as logical as your basketball related posts.

You are equating being a 7-11 clerk to being a police officer in terms of danger? You cannot be serious. My BIL is a cop in Salt Lake, I had dinner with him Saturday night so I took the opportunity to ask him about his week. Just last week he was a first responder to 2 suicides, 1 by shotgun, 1 by hanging, a domestic violence call where the husband had a knife to his wifes throat when he got there, 1 bloody car wreck, and had to kick down the door of a drug dealer. Who the **** is blasting cashiers, they take your money and give you your change? Sounds like you are hanging out with some whiny *** douche bags. The 7-11 cashier and the cop are out to get them. Since you pay taxes to have police officers protect you, next time you get pulled over for doing something ILLEGAL, he better give you a tugjob and a scalp massage, since you pay his salary after all. Cool story bro.

Who the f is blasting cashiers? Are you too stupid to read? I just told you that in 2009 more of them were killed on their job than cops were. I'll give you one clue since I'm not sure you possess the intelligence to figure it out...armed robbers are the ones who tend to kill them. And it's not just me that equates being a clerk to a police officer to danger, it's the US Dept. of Labor.

And it's little wonder you don't think cops should be polite to people. I'm not sure you're capable of it yourself.

Who the f is blasting cashiers? Are you too stupid to read? I just told you that in 2009 more of them were killed on their job than cops were. I'll give you one clue since I'm not sure you possess the intelligence to figure it out...armed robbers are the ones who tend to kill them. And it's not just me that equates being a clerk to a police officer to danger, it's the US Dept. of Labor.

And it's little wonder you don't think cops should be polite to people. I'm not sure you're capable of it yourself.

Ok, cool **** cops.

I guess cashiers do have just as dangerous a job as cops the stats dont lie. Nathaniel is good at logic, and stuff.