What's new

Corbin's History as Fifth Fiddle and How it's Affecting his Coaching.

I love how you're maneuvering through Jazzfanz seamlessly with your new sig, which happens to have UGLI and PKM in the quote. You guys have become fast friends. It's almost like you've been here for years. By the way, I'm still waiting for any scrap of evidence that Corbin is progressively giving the youth more time on the court. I don't know why he would or wouldn't, that is, I can't read his mind, but as far as actual real time is concerned, he hasn't.

Big Momma is waiting:
big-mommas-house-1.jpg

I smell jealousy. Are you jealous, Mr. JJAS?? It is okay if you are, I will tell Ms. PKM and Mr. UGLI ( I am friends with them, I don't know if you know that) to talk to you a little bit more because you are shy sometimes.

Also, interesting usage of that poster. Please post that in the 'your favourite poster' thread. It was a spectacular movie, which only seems to grow more as an indie hit in this day and age.

Regards,

-George

He is doing what he thinks will win games. I'm pretty sure that all he cares about because wins = job security. The Jazz team as a whole has pretty heavy minute distribution. Our leader in minutes only gets 33 (Al). His minutes are down from years past on the Jazz because the Jazz have an incredible amount of depth.

Well, I don't think he's consciously saying to himself every day that he needs to humble the young "hot shots". Our psyches are a bit more complex than that as I'm sure you know. That is the point raised from Jazzfanatical: how conscious is Corbin of his proclivity to not play young players large amounts of minutes? I think Corbin wants to win a championship, and in his heart, he thinks that vets will do that. History is on his side in this, but what is the trade off for playing these vets verses limiting them and increasing the young players' minutes? I admit that Corbin is doing what he feels is right for the team now, and I can't fault him for his intentions.

Well, I don't think he's consciously saying to himself every day that he needs to humble the young "hot shots". Our psyches are a bit more complex than that as I'm sure you know. That is the point raised from Jazzfanatical: how conscious is Corbin of his proclivity to not play young players large amounts of minutes? I think Corbin wants to win a championship, and in his heart, he thinks that vets will do that. History is on his side in this, but what is the trade off for playing these vets verses limiting them and increasing the young players' minutes? I admit that Corbin is doing what he feels is right for the team now, and I can't fault him for his intentions.

Mr JJas, try breaking up your posts into paragraphs.

It is what the pros like Ms. PKM (I'm friends with her, I am not sure if you know) tell me.

-George

I smell jealousy. Are you jealous, Mr. JJAS?? It is okay if you are, I will tell Ms. PKM and Mr. UGLI ( I am friends with them, I don't know if you know that) to talk to you a little bit more because you are shy sometimes.

Also, interesting usage of that poster. Please post that in the 'your favourite poster' thread. It was a spectacular movie, which only seems to grow more as an indie hit in this day and age.

Regards,

-George

Thanks for the kind words, Dal. It is interesting that you "smell jealously". That's almost poetic, as the enchanting young maiden doth walk by, you smell jealously her captivating redolence. Very nice! Another peculiarity is your use of the British or rather, Canadian, "favourite". Since you live in Colorado, you must often have occasion to slip into a more archaic form of the English tongue, you being so poetic and all. Good to have you back!

Thanks for the kind words, Dal. It is interesting that you "smell jealously". That's almost poetic, as the enchanting young maiden doth walk by, you smell jealously her captivating redolence. Very nice! Another peculiarity is your use of the British or rather, Canadian, "favourite". Since you live in Colorado, you must often have occasion to slip into a more archaic form of the English tongue, you being so poetic and all. Good to have you back!

I am a man of science, Mr. JJAS. Maybe one day you shall understand.

-George

Mr JJas, try breaking up your posts into paragraphs.

It is what the pros like Ms. PKM (I'm friends with her, I am not sure if you know) tell me.

-George

Thanks for the English lesson again, you being Canadian and all. Where would you have separated the clauses and sentences? Could you teach me the periodic style. I'll take notes.

Thanks for the English lesson again, you being Canadian and all. Where would you have separated the clauses and sentences? Could you teach me the periodic style. I'll take notes.

I am not Canadian sir. I am from Colorado.

Sir. I have nothing to hide. Please respect me and my honesty.

Absolutely, since you are a 60 year old bald man from Colorado who likes to sign every forum post he pens (or rather types). I will stay in this reality since who am I to deny a man, as attractive as he is, a moment's gratification.

It's funny how UGLI, PKM and now George manage to kill most threads.

It's a travesty that our best player comes off the bench. It's a travesty that our best player needs to come off the bench because Al kills every player around him offensively.

But, I could live with all of that, BUT the one thing I can't live with is the fact that Foye gets more minutes every night. THAT shows complete incompetence, especially considering that Foye is the WORST guard in the league that gets heavy minutes.

I think Foye is a good player, and I want the Jazz to resign him. BUT, I think Corbin has no clue what he is doing and uses him incorrectly.

It's a travesty that our best player comes off the bench. It's a travesty that our best player needs to come off the bench because Al kills every player around him offensively.

But, I could live with all of that, BUT the one thing I can't live with is the fact that Foye gets more minutes every night. THAT shows complete incompetence, especially considering that Foye is the WORST guard in the league that gets heavy minutes.

I think Foye is a good player, and I want the Jazz to resign him. BUT, I think Corbin has no clue what he is doing and uses him incorrectly.

Show me. Or stfu.

If any of you watched or listened to Locke's Tip off, he went into this subject. The truth of the matter is Ty Corbin has been told to win games and try to get the team into the playoffs. Ty is doing what he thinks well win the games. Not sure why we are hammering him for doing what he is told the way he thinks it needs to get done.

I am definitely in with the young guys need to play crowd. And I as a fan would be fine with completely blowing it up and giving the team to the young guns for a year or 2. But being a coach I understand that Corbin is playing the guys that he thinks well help the team win, And wether he is wrong or right in our eyes really doesn't matter because he has gotten the results that ownership is looking for. He got a team that was picked in the bottom of the league last year in the playoffs. He is coaching this team right now to a winning record and another playoff birth.

If management came to him right now and said Look we want to play they young guys and see what we got and your job is safe even if we loose a lot. I bet Corbin would do just that. Can't blame a guy that is doing what he is told in order to keep his job

Show me. Or stfu.

Funny. I had never posted in this thread when you wrote this.
Also, I had only really been posting, within the UTAH JAZZ forum, inside the 2013 draftees thread (all relevant to the topic) and in the Paul Pierce thread (again, all relevant).

I'm cool with being called out, but I'm not sure why you listed me here. I have one self-imposed rule on the internet. "Bring it and don't suck."
You failed.

Moving on now.

Corbin's never giving us jack ****, I can tell you that. And we have Greg Miller to blame for that. And seeing how he tweeted to the fans of the UTAH JAZZ some nonsense I can see how much of a douche this guy really is.

Better hope Harprings message gets around to Ty, maybe he'll snap out of that acid trip he's on.. Coach Kermit, that is.

He is doing what he thinks will win games. I'm pretty sure that all he cares about because wins = job security. The Jazz team as a whole has pretty heavy minute distribution. Our leader in minutes only gets 33 (Al). His minutes are down from years past on the Jazz because the Jazz have an incredible amount of depth.

yet fat al is the laziest of all big men. plays only one side of the floor. is team captain. has no fire. has no will to win. has no spark. has no energy.
33 minutes is too much for al

If any of you watched or listened to Locke's Tip off, he went into this subject. The truth of the matter is Ty Corbin has been told to win games and try to get the team into the playoffs. Ty is doing what he thinks well win the games. Not sure why we are hammering him for doing what he is told the way he thinks it needs to get done.

fact is we would be a better team with these youngsters playing