What's new

CoTy^99; Trade Jeffy! No Starters; Start Burks

Oh man, what a great coach we have, future hall of famer... What amazed me about him at this game he decided to play iso with Mo at last position who missed the last shot via iso play again, (Mo was 2-8 until that last play btw) but luckily we get the rebound and get another chance. But that kind of decisions win the game... at about %10-20 percentages.

What amazed me about him at this game he decided to play iso with Mo at last position who missed the last shot via iso play again, ... But that kind of decisions win the game... at about %10-20 percentages.

What's the surprise? Williams is a good shooter. Why shouldn't he get another try? YOU're not one of those types that believes a "hot hand" is real, are you?

What's the surprise? Williams is a good shooter. Why shouldn't he get another try? YOU're not one of those types that believes a "hot hand" is real, are you?

Yes. Actually i believe bad/good shooting nights, its human nature you can have a bad night on shooting category.. Also i believe in percentages, Mo shoots %360 from downtown and it was a contested shot (over Danny Green), cause it wasn't a sophisticated play and we were lucky that it went in.

Great win but this changes nothing in the big picture.

Some people are living and dying game to game. I've always looked at the big picture.
Our team is good, but has a few serious flaws that will prevent it maxing out it's potential.

life, and an nba season, is a journey bro. its not always about the destination.
if you dont live game by game then you're not gonna have a good time as a nba fan.

Yes. Actually i believe bad/good shooting nights, its human nature you can have a bad night on shooting category.. Also i believe in percentages, Mo shoots %360 from downtown and it was a contested shot (over Danny Green), cause it wasn't a sophisticated play and we were lucky that it went in.

The existence of night where a pleyer shoots well, or poorly, is accepted. It is the explanation of the existence of a "hot hand" that I reject. Random chance is more than enough to explain the that players have good and off nights.

I agree it was not a sophisticated play. From what I saw, our sophisticated plays were being pretty well shut down by the Spurs defense, we were really bad in the half-court. However, it's also a low-turnover play, and the absolute worst that happens is an overtime. So while I didn't l;ike it at the time, in retrospect I don't have problem with it.

The existence of night where a pleyer shoots well, or poorly, is accepted. It is the explanation of the existence of a "hot hand" that I reject. Random chance is more than enough to explain the that players have good and off nights.

I agree it was not a sophisticated play. From what I saw, our sophisticated plays were being pretty well shut down by the Spurs defense, we were really bad in the half-court. However, it's also a low-turnover play, and the absolute worst that happens is an overtime. So while I didn't l;ike it at the time, in retrospect I don't have problem with it.

That would make sense if we were robots.

Real surprised Corbin went with Mo and not Milsap with that last shot. Whatevs. If we'd have lost, everyone would be calling for Corbs head
And then the team lays an egg vs. Phoenix.

Changes need to be made. I'm not 100% sold on Ty, but I don't blame him 100%, either. KOC/Lindsey need to make some hard decisions. IMO, Jefferson needs to go. And everyone else is up for sale if the offer is right. Hayward's inconsistency is maddening. And Favors might develop, but I wouldn't count on him ever being a dominant, perennial all-star.

And then the team lays an egg vs. Phoenix.

Changes need to be made. I'm not 100% sold on Ty, but I don't blame him 100%, either. KOC/Lindsey need to make some hard decisions. IMO, Jefferson needs to go. And everyone else is up for sale if the offer is right. Hayward's inconsistency is maddening. And Favors might develop, but I wouldn't count on him ever being a dominant, perennial all-star.

Im not 100% against ty and dont believe he should be fired or anything and think he might improve enough to be an ok coach.... however the way he handles the talented youth on this team, especially the burks situation, is horrible.
Hayward gets the most minutes of any of our young lotto picks and there is a good chance that his ceiling is the lowest of the 4.
Burks needs to get some playing time.... his skillset is so unique for our team that corbin needs to find a way to use it.

I think everyone who has been calling for Ty's head and calling for the young guys to start are starting to see that maybe coach knows what he is doing. The truth is we would be a mess if we benched Al, Sap, and someone else to start Favors, Kanter and Burks. They just arent ready.

oh Hack....

I think everyone who has been calling for Ty's head and calling for the young guys to start are starting to see that maybe coach knows what he is doing. The truth is we would be a mess if we benched Al, Sap, and someone else to start Favors, Kanter and Burks. They just arent ready.

??? The problem is coaching and Mo Williams. We came back with the young guys on the floor not off it.