What's new

Could Shannon Brown still be a possibility

Matt Barnes will back up Kobe, Blake backs up Fish, where would Brown fit in? He would get more time and $ with us I'm assuming.

From ESPN LA- "with 11 players now under contract for the Lakers and the remaining two roster spots considered earmarked for the team's two second-round draft picks, it would appear that Brown will not be returning to L.A."

didn't KOC pretty much say that if the jazz do any more major spending this summer (TPE/MLE) it would be for a big? right now we have 4 rotation-worthy wings. if i truly believed brown could play point guard half-decently, i'd say give it a shot. but all he does is logjam the wings without solving more glaring problems up front and at the backup point.

If we could get him cheap, I'd prefer him over Price, because Price can't play PG half decently either. Certainly better than Gaines and I think we could use another wing who would be a combo guard.

didn't KOC pretty much say that if the jazz do any more major spending this summer (TPE/MLE) it would be for a big? right now we have 4 rotation-worthy wings. if i truly believed brown could play point guard half-decently, i'd say give it a shot. but all he does is logjam the wings without solving more glaring problems up front and at the backup point.

Agreed. And there's probably a reason why he didn't re-sign with the Lakers: Barnes came a lot cheaper. Brown is probably asking for too much. I'd rather the Jazz spend that money on a big, if at all.

Well that's just the thing. Price and Gaines are ****** beyond ****.

I really want Brown, but seeing where the Jazz are at right now I believe KOC's strategy and he says they will go after a Defensive skilled Big. So......... no Brown will not be with the Jazz........ unless they get him at what they perceive as a "great" price. You always make moves that will make you better. Hell get brown and a Defensive Big and unload Okur.

The problem is, there aren't very many defensively-skilled bigs left on the market. I say they sign Brown AND Fesenko. They could use the rest of their mid-level exception on Brown and use the Bi-Annual Exception to sign Fesenko. You then go with this depth chart:

PG: Deron Williams, Ronnie Price
SG: Shannon Brown, Raja Bell
SF: C.J. Miles, Gordon Hayward
PF: Paul Millsap, Andrei Kirilenko, Jeremy Evans (D-League)
C: Al Jefferson, Mehmet Okur (when healthy), Kyrylo Fesenko (spot minutes)

Brown would be a great pickup for the Jazz. This move would allow Brown to guard the PG's with his speed and athleticism, while Deron would guard the SG's.

this thing

The problem is, there aren't very many defensively-skilled bigs left on the market. I say they sign Brown AND Fesenko. They could use the rest of their mid-level exception on Brown and use the Bi-Annual Exception to sign Fesenko. You then go with this depth chart:

PG: Deron Williams, Ronnie Price
SG: Shannon Brown, Raja Bell
SF: C.J. Miles, Gordon Hayward
PF: Paul Millsap, Andrei Kirilenko, Jeremy Evans (D-League)
C: Al Jefferson, Mehmet Okur (when healthy), Kyrylo Fesenko (spot minutes)

Brown would be a great pickup for the Jazz. This move would allow Brown to guard the PG's with his speed and athleticism, while Deron would guard the SG's.

I'm all for signing Fes and Brown on the cheap. But starting Brown is flat out dumb. In any case, I strongly support the idea of signing both.

The thing is he would be 3rd string for the lakers and a back up here receiving twenty or so minutes(Also more $$ here) KOC hinted he wants a shot blocker. So how bout this- trade Okur for Okafor. Then sign Shannon Brown w/ rest of mid level.

You wouldn't increase salary a ton w/ a Okur for Okafor this year but would kill for the next couple years. If it happened, Jazz would seriously contend

D Will, brown, Price
Bell, Brown,Hayward
CJ,AK,Hayward
Al,Milsap,AK,Evans
Okafor,Al,Fes,Augustine

Jazz need a backup that can run the offense. IE: Eric Maynor.

Maybe I don't remember right but he seemed to just run into the lane throw up a floater. He produced numbers but did he really run the offense? I invite people to put me in my place if I'm wrong.

Maybe I don't remember right but he seemed to just run into the lane throw up a floater. He produced numbers but did he really run the offense? I invite people to put me in my place if I'm wrong.

He did it about as good as you could hope for a backup rookie PG.