What's new

Count down to media day -- player highlights

I think it is likely we get more value in the MLE market too... no need to overspend on someone that is considered a tier above the MLE guys.
Especially if the Jazz can use their success as capital and get a player at the MLE that could go for more (Galinari?).

What’s Aaron Gordon’s playoffs resume?

Bojan actually has one. And his performances against Lebron actually speak to his usefulness against the forwards you mention.

Getting those forwards out of the paint (on defense) is perhaps the major ingredient to neutralizing them (to some degree) on that end. Bojan would definitely do this better than AG. (And this is only one way that Bojan was effective against Lebron).
AG was good in the playoffs last year. Also, I repeat, he just turned 24 last week. That being said, the best case senario would be AG in addition to Bojan who I am thrilled to have and think he opens up a lot of options for the Jazz. Really excited to watch Bojan more closely and see how Quinn uses him. Should be a really fun year.

Just to get the salary it'd have to be Dante/Davis and parts or Ingles and parts or Bojan. If they suck and are rebuilding then they want young players and assets... Joe/Bojan could be flipped to other teams for picks... but I just see both of those guys as more valuable to us than to other teams.

If they wanted to move AG I'd think they'd have several very appealing packages and our scraps would be a pile of meh to them.
We could offer: Ingles, Exum, and Royce or 1st. That is a very solid return for the Magic who want to compete now and are in serious need at SF and backup PG.
From the Jazz perspective, that would be hard to pull the trigger... so you know it is reasonable. But then you have an incredible starting 5.

I guess today has to be Niang day.

Georges, can you believe today is your day?

200w.webp

What was your reaction when the Jazz traded for Conley?

200w.webp

Did you know practices will be increasing to 3.5 hours?

200w.webp

Can you tell me about a time you made a difference in a game?

Oh, and 5 days until media day.

I love his game, and think he’ll be very good by seasons end.

We could offer: Ingles, Exum, and Royce or 1st. That is a very solid return for the Magic who want to compete now and are in serious need at SF and backup PG.
From the Jazz perspective, that would be hard to pull the trigger... so you know it is reasonable. But then you have an incredible starting 5.
The magic find a better offer for their timeline + with better draft capital.

We aren’t getting AG.

I'd rather have our guys and the 1st personally, but my feelings for Joe are well known. I think Royce will willingly do the dirty work and I think he's a better spot up shooter than AG. AG has a ton more to his game and he could be a guy that has more to offer, but whether or not he gets there is another story. I think we have enough top end talent when we are healthy... I'd move Joe, Royce and assets if it meant we got an all-star... AG isn't that right now.

I also don't see that getting it done from Orlando's perspective... think they would move the other direction... trading Bamba, Isaac or other potential guys for win now moves... if they trade AG its because things have gone terribly wrong and they are rebuilding.

The season hasn't started and people are already trading away our players. I like Gordon but not for the proposed trade. I would like to see the team play together before breaking it up.

Ok so today is going to be Quin Snyder day. Saturday will be Donovan and Sunday will be Rudy. I ended up not getting around to posting stuff last weekend so if I don't do it this weekend everyone please post your favorite Donovan and Rudy stuff. Don't want our favorite guys to feel left out.

Meanwhile...

Quin, are you ok with me having this be your day?

ExemplaryDescriptiveFreshwatereel-max-1mb.gif

No, don't worry about fixing your hair. You look fine. So can we get started?

quin-smiley.gif

First of all I do have to say it's been hard waiting for the season to finally get started. Any thoughts on that?

tenor.gif

So I was just wondering if you'd be interested in hearing a couple plays I have drawn up to improve your offense.

quin-you-and-me.gif

I'll take that as a no. But thanks for humoring me. Anyway, did you hear that some guy named Turner on Team USA isn't impressed with Rudy as DPOY?

ScratchyWatchfulAsianporcupine-max-1mb.gif

Do you mind if I ask a question about three hour practices?

giphy.gif

Ok, forget that one then. Can you spend just a couple more hours answering my questions?

SnarlingImpishAsianlion-size_restricted.gif

Oh, you have to go. I probably shouldn't have asked. Sorry for imposing.

Thanks for your time.

giphy.gif

I wouldnt add Gordon personally. Id like too, but it wouldnt be worth the price (unless he just has a **** year and you try buying low).

I wouldnt add Gordon personally. Id like too, but it wouldnt be worth the price (unless he just has a **** year and you try buying low).

The circumstances where we could actually land him are he plays like **** or gets hurt. When you trade a guy like AG you need to get at least one really good pick but preferable multiple picks or a good pick and a good young player... we aren't a good match.

Quin is such an asset. I wonder how many players will provide more value for the team this year than Snyder as the coach? Another way of putting it, if you let the kings have anyone in the locker room, what pick would Quin be? I would guess around 4 or 5. He has shown the ability to coach at every level except championship (developing, rebuilding, competing, playoffs) and I hope he stays here for the next 20 years!

Ingles + Bojan probably provides more wins than Bojan+Gordon for the next 2 seasons IMO.

I agree. I think the offense with a lineup of Conley/Mitchell/Ingles/Bogey/Gobert is better than Conley/Mitchell/Bogey/Gordon/Gobert. Gordon is a career 32% 3 point shooter so I don't think the spacing would be near as good with him in the lineup.

Ingles + Bojan probably provides more wins than Bojan+Gordon for the next 2 seasons IMO.
But what about Ingles + Gordon?

I am somewhat concerned that Bojan/Ingles at the 4 and their lack of rebounding will get gameplanned and exploited in the playoffs.