What's new

COVID-19 - How worried are you?

How worried are you about COVID-19?

• 1 - Not at all, everyone is freaking out over nothing at all.

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • 2 - Not at all, it will not over and not be a big deal in the long run.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 3 - Not really, but it could get worse if we don't take precautions

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 4 - kind of, and it could get worse if we aren't careful

Votes: 6 11.3%
  • 5 - yes, it could end up being really bad. We need to do something.

• 6 - yes, it's getting worse, we all need to step up

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • 7 - yes, it's going to cause a lot of damage that will take a long time to fix

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • 8 - it is a crisis, the government needs to get involved, businesses need to step up

Votes: 9 17.0%
  • 9 - it is a full crisis. It will be devastating to the world in many ways.

Votes: 8 15.1%
  • 10 - the most imaginable crisis we have seen in decades. It will cause permanent damage.

• Total voters
Somehow, over the entire course of his presidency, he has established the "norm" that he cannot be held responsible, or accountable, for anything he does not want to be held accountable for. And part of the strategy he uses to drum this in, is to rewrite his personal history.

Since he dismissed the coronavirus's seriousness for quite a while, yesterday he had the gall to say he knew it was a pandemic before many others did. Of course, that is a bald face lie. It's him rewriting his personal history.

But, these countless lies are in service to his creation of a president who can not, must not, be held accountable or responsible. And I see, in a recent survey, that 45% approve of his handling of the coronavirus response. Man, that is one tight, tight cult he has created.

Anybody who dares to criticism him, anybody who demands he be held to account, is visciously attacked by him as an enemy. The governor of Washington asks for a better federal response, and Trump calls him "a snake". This is totally unacceptable.

Harry Truman: "The buck stops here". With Trump, the buck will never stop at his desk if he feels it hurts his image. This is absurd!!!
I think Trump falls for his own lies as much as any one of his supporters.

Here is the breakdown of the votes so far:

1-3: 5 votes
4-6: 9 votes
7-9: 12 votes
10: 2 votes

One vote for 1.

If the dividing line is at 5 then <5 is 9 votes, 5 and above is 19 votes. So most on this site are moderately to seriously concerned. Seems the general population fits this too considering the panicked activities lately.
Updated vote breakdown. JF is getting increasingly panicky.

1: 3 votes
2-3: 4 votes
4-6: 13 votes
7-9: 21 votes
10: 4 votes

Haven't changed mine yet. Still at 4 but leaning toward a move to 6. Mainly just because everything is so surreal, and the economic impact will likely be large and long-lasting. But I don't think we'll see devastation or permanent impact. We'll recover but it will take a while.

I voted for 8 but after watching Trump's latest press conference I'm officially at a 10. He's talking about reopening the country as soon as next week. He clearly cares more about the economy than the lives of the American people. Hospitals are going to become overwhelmed and start running out of ventilators, masks, beds, etc. This is terrifying.

Last edited:
I voted for 8 but after watching Trump's latest press conference I'm officially at a 10. He's talking about reopening the country as soon as next week. He clearly cares more about the economy than the lives of the American people. This is terrifying.

He states as the Democrats continue to hold up a bill that would help the medical field tremendously.

Why was this blocked by democrats:

$1,200-PP, $2,400-Couple, $500-Child
$250 Billion-Unemployment Insurance
$350 B-Small Business Loan Program
$100 B-Hospitals
$11 B-Vaccines
$4.5 B-CDC
$20 B-Veterans Healthcare
$12 B-K12 Education
$5 B-FEMA
$10 B-Airports

We have 85 year old retired doctors coming back to work. If that doesn't tell you how bad the situation is, I'm not sure what will

I voted for 8 but after watching Trump's latest press conference I'm officially at a 10. He's talking about reopening the country as soon as next week. He clearly cares more about the economy than the lives of the American people. Hospitals are going to become overwhelmed and start running out of ventilators, masks, beds, etc. This is terrifying.

Honestly after listening to his speech it sounded like an attempt to give hope to people. Ya know "this will all be over soon", light at the end of the tunnel type of stuff. But yeah it was a fail. I don't think he's actually going to open everything back up.

I'd feel better if the state of Utah had competent leadership. But Gary Herbert and Spencer Cox are both morons.

I'd feel better if the state of Utah had competent leadership. But Gary Herbert and Spencer Cox are both morons.
I would like to hear more of your opinion on what you think should be done regarding the pandemic.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

World view big picture: 7 (Mainly because of the economic problems it's creating. Plus there's always the threat of the virus mutating into something worse.)

In my own bubble: 9/10 (Me and my family are at high risk due to my job)

I know some of you are LDS and what I'm going to say might offend you, but WTF is the church doing calling back 1,000s of missionaries at this time and making plans to send more out around the country. Why don't they suspend the mission program until the crisis passes? You think Trump is bad, well the LDS is topping him. I read even the Lt. Gov was appalled by the 1600 who came from the Philippines over the weekend and the crowd of people there. Where are the brains of the LDS leadership?

I know some of you are LDS and what I'm going to say might offend you, but WTF is the church doing calling back 1,000s of missionaries at this time and making plans to send more out around the country. Why don't they suspend the mission program until the crisis passes? You think Trump is bad, well the LDS is topping him. I read even the Lt. Gov was appalled by the 1600 who came from the Philippines over the weekend and the crowd of people there. Where are the brains of the LDS leadership?
OMG, that is so stupid. Im a fan of the Mormon religion but you can't be sending missionaries out door to door. That seems like literally the worst idea I have heard. And the missionaries would probably get treated horribly by people and people wouldn't want to answer the door to great their message anyways.

OMG, that is so stupid. Im a fan of the Mormon religion but you can't be sending missionaries out door to door. That seems like literally the worst idea I have heard. And the missionaries would probably get treated horribly by people and people wouldn't want to answer the door to great their message anyways.

They didn't come to my door, but 1600 came from the Philippines over the weekend -- it was in the news -- and I read that the church is "only" going to send missionaries out in the U.S. They shouldn't be going anyway right now. Nor coming here in such numbers from another country that is affected.