What's new

Crazier trade idea ☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆

Over the last two years Memphis has played their best basketball without Rudy Gay. I think they regret his contract big-time - he does not deserve franchise player money.

They would probably try to hold out for a better piece (Hayward, Kanter or Favors instead of Williams) and maybe a draft pick; but I don't think it's out of the question they'd make this deal. Albeit different circumstances - but it wouldn't be the first time they traded away their "all star" player.

I like this trade, but i still think that memphis would not do it unless we gave them some picks, and if picks were added then im not so sure i like the trade anymore.

Either way, great job on coming up with a good reasonable trade for both teams that no one else had thought of before

Hack, im reppin ya

On the serious side of things. Gay is not shooting real well this year. Forty one percent field goals and 32.3 on 3 pt. shots does not thrill me, but 18 points a game and almost 6 rebounds a game doesn't sound too bad. I think we find someone with a point guard to trade though and look at a three way trade.

On the serious side of things. Gay is not shooting real well this year. Forty one percent field goals and 32.3 on 3 pt. shots does not thrill me, but 18 points a game and almost 6 rebounds a game doesn't sound too bad. I think we find someone with a point guard to trade though and look at a three way trade.

Although i kinda like the rudy trade that hack has proposed...... Im with you jazzrule. I say point guard or nothing at all.

Either we trade for a point guard or i think we should just let paul and Al expire.

Hullo Rudy, welcome to Utah. The first thing you need to do before you get any other offensive duties is make this curling mid-range jumper. We don't care if this is something you've never done, if it doesn't suit your athletic abilities, or that it isn't an efficient shot. Next, we will ask you to make an entry pass to Big Al... he does ISO stuff here... cut if you feel like it. You may get 3 to 4 possessions a game where there is no time but to jack it from wherever you are standing, so just jack it.

So, why does this trade matter?

Millsap off the bench for them would be killer.

yeah, but that's not what they want to get for gay. gay is an all-star caliber wing, they're not going to want to trade him for a guy that would be their sixth man. the market for gay will give them much better options than a guy who is redundant on their roster.

yeah, but that's not what they want to get for gay. gay is an all-star caliber wing, they're not going to want to trade him for a guy that would be their sixth man. the market for gay will give them much better options than a guy who is redundant on their roster.

Dude, $

dude, title contenders.

they're not in a place where they're going to get rid of their LEAD SCORER to save some money. they're looking for a way to get over the hump and compete for a ring. rudy is their trade bait to transform their team into someone who can beat OKC, the spurs and miami... not their trade bait just to shed dollars.