What's new

Crazy Idea

Hartsock

Banned
My wife is kind of a lunatic, I love her to death but its true. She hates everything in a minivan, religions, etc ... on and on. Last night she was like "I wish they put something in the water or something where everyone was automatically on birth control. It wouldn't be permanent, like you could take a pill or something if you were trying to get pregnant that would cancel out the BC. There would be no unplanned pregnancies, no kids born to parents that didnt want them, basically no abortion, etc..." Obviously this would never fly because of like freedom and rights and all that BS. But I still thought it was almost borderline a good idea. Thoughts?

Real medicine always has side effects. I don't think we need to subject 5-year-olds and 70-year-olds to those effects in order for womento have birth control.

children-of-men-2007.jpg

Brilliant movie.

Well this is an in theory type of thing, like has the same side effects of flouride in the water. I mean there are some side effects but in theory the benefits outweigh them. I'm all for it. In theory obviously.

Well this is an in theory type of thing, like has the same side effects of flouride in the water. I mean there are some side effects but in theory the benefits outweigh them. I'm all for it. In theory obviously.

This thread is like a loud beeping invitation to nutcases... where's Silencer?

At the age of 10, all females should have to get a birth control implant that is then changed as needed every few years until high school graduation, entering the military, finding a full-time job, or getting married. Or something. All males must graduate high school, and if they don't, enter the military. Or something.

Last edited:
At the age of 10, all females should have to get a birth control implant that is then changed as needed every few years until high school graduation, entering the military, finding a full-time job, or getting married. Or something. All males must graduate high school, and if they don't enter the military. Or something.

I'm all for that as long as I dont have to follow it. I'm getting my daughter BC as soon as possible also, better to be safe than sorry.

Flouride benefits everyone who drinks it. Birth control medicine would not, unless there are other effects as well.

Forced birth control sounds like we want to chemical erase moral responsibility about sex.

i wish they would build gas station type underground gas tanks in neighborhoods/communities and then run pipes to people's houses.
set up some type of pay system. boom. imagine having a gas pump in ur garage.
no more easier/efficient way to get gas unless ur scarfing down some taco bell.

Forced birth control sounds like we want to chemical erase moral responsibility about sex.

Morals schmorals this isnt 1658, if you want to wait until marriage go for it, if not don't. But for gods sake use protection.

Flouride benefits everyone who drinks it. Birth control medicine would not, unless there are other effects as well.

Playing Devils advocate. How would it not help everyone? Who would it hurt? Those people trying to have 1,000 kids? They can take the "pill" and become fertile again.

Also Nazis used flouride to pacify people in concentration camps, obviously in much larger quantities but still, there are a lot of people who are not as sold on flouride as others. If people just brushed their god damn teeth would we need flouride in tap water?

Let's see...We are the proud parents of two adopted sons and my wife had a brain blood clot that almost killed her and her neurologist thinks it was caused by birth control pills. So, taking those two scenarios into account, guess how I feel about your wife's "borderline good idea"?

Let's see...We are the proud parents of two adopted sons and my wife had a brain blood clot that almost killed her and her neurologist thinks it was caused by birth control pills. So, taking those two scenarios into account, guess how I feel about your wife's "borderline good idea"?

You feel ok about it? Kidding, Good on you for adopting, but how many kids are living in **** hole foster homes being shuffled around for their entire youth with no one that really loves or cares for them. Just people there to feed them and make sure they stay alive only to be forced out on the streets as soon as they turn 18. So for every good story there are just as many or more terrible ones.

Birth control lowers libido in many women.

Case closed.