What's new

Culture of winning or tank?

Win or tank?

• Total voters

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Staff member
Tonight is the PERFECT example of what's happening this year.

- Conley being 'rested' (FO blatantly handicapping the Jazz, some call it "development", some call it "tank", whatever you call it the Jazz has less chance to win as a result of the decision)

- Sexton starting, learning to play the PG with passing, increasing his trade value (19 points, 4 ASSSITS!!!)

- Lauri getting heavy minutes and leading the team (23 points, 9 rebs, 5 assists)

- Agbagi, NAW, Horton Tucker, getting minutes and developing and figuring things out on the fly

- BUT THE TEAM PLAYS ITS HEART OUT AND WE WIN ANYWAY!! LOL !!

LOL .. this will be what's happening all year IMO. The FO 'resting' vets intermittently BUT the team continues to improve and play better as a team.

Let's see if the FO trade any of Conley, Clarkson, Beaseley by the trade deadline and take the "tank" to the next level.

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Staff member
Naw, it just means that three guys are legitimately sick and Hardy realized that Conley on back-to-backs isn't the wisest long-term move.
I can understand the sickness. But Conley? How many times did we rest him last year?

If the FO is all about winning EVERY SINGLE GAME this year, surely he's not resting.

Pinhead

I want a championship as much as the next guy, but enjoying watching the Jazz goes a long ways too.

Problem with tearing it down to get the #1 pick is you need to then build up around that person if you get the pick right.

Lauri potentially being an all star caliber player is huge... I’m selling timeshares on Lauri island at this point. I still have hope for Sexton and Kessler getting to that level as well.

FrenchJazzFa

2022 Award Winner
Let's wait the 14 games tough series ( we play 2) before jump into conclusion. But this is quite disturbing. This team is really grin and grint style + a lot of potential shooters. Lauri don't shoot well, KO do the job, Mike has a bad night or dont play, JC and Colin do an excellent job. And our bench is looking pretty solid, probably one of the best bench in NBA actually. Still have really no idea where we can go..

Release the Kraken

Let's wait the 14 games tough series ( we play 2) before jump into conclusion. But this is quite disturbing. This team is really grin and grint style + a lot of potential shooters. Lauri don't shoot well, KO do the job, Mike has a bad night or dont play, JC and Colin do an excellent job. And our bench is looking pretty solid, probably one of the best bench in NBA actually. Still have really no idea where we can go..
Don’t forget NAW! That’s the guy that really answered the bell and made an instant impact allowing us to regain some composure and be our best selves IMO.