What's new

Current NBA players fantasy draft to get us through these coronavirus days

I'm willing to call Robinson a great catch and shoot player. I don't think he's in the discussion for best shooter, hasn't shown me enough shooting off movement to really get in with the Klays/prime Korvers/Millers of the world. Then there's still another level of shooting value when a guy can really gun it off the dribble (all hail Steph, and where a guy like Dame or Trae gain a ton of more value than percentages/attempts show).

Think overall Robinson went in about the right area of the draft.

,Then there's still another level of shooting value when a guy can really gun it off the dribble

This is correct. He does not create his own shot. He is an elite role player, not a superstar

, hasn't shown me enough shooting off movement to really get in with the Klays/prime Korvers/Millers of the world.

This is not correct. He is extraordinary off the ball. He is not just planted in the corner waiting for a shot.

"Spoelstra runs Robinson off a variety of floppy sets, stagger screens, and pin downs to get him open and create space for everyone else. Robinson is a master at staying in constant motion and moving off the ball.

Robinson’s ability to get himself open from three and make shots other players wouldn’t even think about taking has made him incredibly efficient on just about every type of play. Per Synergy Sports:

• Robinson ranks in the 93rd percentile off spot-ups
  • He ranks in the 96th percentile off hand-offs
  • He ranks in the 93rd percentile in transition
  • He ranks in the 98th percentile off cuts
  • He ranks in the 84th percentile on “guarded” catch-and-shoot attempts and in the 96th percentile on unguarded attempts"
https://www.sbnation.com/nba/2020/3...-three-point-shooting-impact-stats-highlights

My argument would be he just doesn’t have the track record yet.

Redick
Korver
Thompson
Curry
Other Curry
Our Bogey

That’s a quick six there without any thinking.

Bertans
Gallinari
McDermott
Joe Harris

Just off the top of my head.

Obviously he can shoot. Let’s see if he can keep it up when teams actually start to focus on defending him.

Here’s a video of Duncan Robinson... its compilation of three consecutive games where he made 7+ threes in each game. I’ll let y’all decide for your self. He’s pretty good though.

Here’s a video of Duncan Robinson... its compilation of three consecutive games where he made 7+ threes in each game. I’ll let y’all decide for your self. He’s pretty good though.

Interesting to note that he got worse over time at Michigan shooting just 38.4% on <4 attempts his last year at there. Nothing special. Elite from the line though. Great mechanics and a great FT % are prob the best two factors.

Last edited:
Fwiw, Duncan Robinson will not be the deciding factor in these matchups. That isn't a knock on him or the pick. Just the way it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Fwiw, Duncan Robinson will not be the deciding factor in these matchups. That isn't a knock on him or the pick. Just the way it is.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Elite shooting to complement playmakers seems like it could be important. I'm loaded with scorers: KD, Kyrie, Oladipo, DeRozan

Elite shooting to complement playmakers seems like it could be important. I'm loaded with scorers: KD, Kyrie, Oladipo, DeRozan
Your missing the point. Lots of voters will compare players of each position on each team. The team with overall better players usually gets the nod in a vote. I’m also a firm believer in pure talent will win every time in a playoff setting where the overall team can be, not always more successful in a season setting.

Your missing the point. Lots of voters will compare players of each position on each team. The team with overall better players usually gets the nod in a vote. I’m also a firm believer in pure talent will win every time in a playoff setting where the overall team can be, not always more successful in a season setting.

I'll be here if they want to vote for a team with four All NBA players in their prime, complemented by peak Kyle Korver on steriods plus Vuc and Nurkic.
I'll win the simulation, don't really care about the vote.

I'll be here if they want to vote for a team with four All NBA players in their prime, complemented by peak Kyle Korver on steriods plus Vuc and Nurkic.
I'll win the simulation, don't really care about the vote.

Well you've got Kyrie and Derozan who don't make anyone better. Then Vic and KD who are on the wrong side of 2 very serious injuries. So, yeah, its an interesting team for sure.

Well you've got Kyrie and Derozan who don't make anyone better. Then Vic and KD who are on the wrong side of 2 very serious injuries. So, yeah, its an interesting team for sure.

Yeah they all suck. This is why I don't care about the "fan voting".

My argument would be he just doesn’t have the track record yet.

Redick
Korver
Thompson
Curry
Other Curry
Our Bogey

That’s a quick six there without any thinking.
Buddy Hield.

He made more 3s during his first 4 seasons than any player in history (and that's with his 4th season being shortened due to COVID-19).

This season he shot 40% on 10 attempts per game. Only Steph has ever shot 40% on a higher number of attempts.

Sent from my SM-G973U using JazzFanz mobile app