Deron Williams
Gordon Hayward - Gary Neal
Kawhi Leonard - Gerland Green
Anthony Davis
Roy Hibbert - Nicola Pekovic

Hack's case:

TBH.... I like Cy's team

But I should still point out the issues with his team

Deron isnt going to guard Curry. No one on that team is. So let just assume Curry will be going off.

Curry's ankles > Deron's ankles

Deron and Hayward don't have great chemistry. It's only a matter of time before Deron throws the ball off Hayward's dome.

Hibbert..... is he still in the funk? He'll probably post a line something like 0 points and 1 rebound. Meaning, Drummond will have 37 Rebounds and 14 put back dunks.

Cy's bench is putrid. Jason Collins...wtf?

My team will play hard, play defense, play right, and make shots.

What the crap?

Cy left off Jason Collins and Gustavo Ayon.

Lol

What that means is Cy's team has to be careful with their fouls.

Getting in that early vote, but I gotta take my time on this one. I like both of these teams, but I'm def leaning Hacl atm.

Do your best, Cy. Convince me!

Cy needs to state his case to be honest.. he has Davis, Leonard, DWill... that team isn't just gonna lay down .... he also needs to field Gustavo at least if not Collins.

Uhh, my team is just going to be dominant down low defensively so my guards can press and not worried about getting beat.

Offensively it's going to be predicted off the Jazz old offense, which we all know D-Will ran w/ a much lesser talented Boozer (imagine Dwill with Davis running Sloan's system). D-Will might not be as good as he use to be, but Davis would bring him closer to it than he has been recently.

Leonard and Hayward are a great pair and can run the fastbreak, cut to the basket, hit 3's, hit mid-range. Leonard was Finals MVP while guarding Lebron.

My bench compliments my team's lack of 1-on-1 scoring since I have Pek and Green who are both great 1-on-1 scorers and Gary Neal who is a big time shot maker.

Hack's team doesn't have a lot of playmaking outside of Curry. (Same argument could be made for my team, but I think Hayward is a better playmaker outside of Curry than anyone on Hack's team and Gerald Green can create for himself, as can Pek). Hack has Deng, but he is on the decline IMO.

His inside scoring is lackluster since Ibaka and Drummond can't create offense. Drummond can clean up, but good luck with Hibbert guarding the rim. Drummond and Ibaka are both great weakside help defenders, but neither of them have anchored great defenses like Hibbert has.

Larry Sanders is a has-been and I don't really see him turning it around. Think he was a flash in the pan for advanced defensive statistics fans, but his effort has fallen off and his focus isn't 100% on basketball.

Ryan Anderson is a good benhc player to have, he has two rookies and Trey Burke. We all know Burke isn't that great.

I wouldn't be super mad if I lost, but I think I have the way better team.

My team is defensively dominant with offensive players who fit together and make sense.

Hack's team is defensively talented with a very explosive scorer and some good wing players.

Also, I would rotate Mills at the PG and SG.

Rotate Green at SG and SF.

Rotate Leonard at SF/PF.

Hayward at SG/SF.

I might play Pek more in this matchup too since I'm not extremely worried about his team attacking the rim.

Hayward will struggle finishing at the rim and making shots.

How much is Leonard's success is because he plays on the Spurs. I have a feeling that if he played for the Bobcats he wouldn't be thought of as good as people think.

I don't think Luol Deng is over the hill either. He is only 29. His numbers were great last year until he was traded to Cleveland. But he still averaged 16 on the year.

This match-up is really difficult for me to make a call on...

Cy's starting lineup has a slight edge as Davis can score but Drummond & Ibaka just can't .. and I think DWill and Leonard can keep Curry & Deng in check somewhat .... But if we are going to include the bench as well then I think Hack takes it with his depth...

Tough call.

Hayward will struggle finishing at the rim and making shots.

How much is Leonard's success is because he plays on the Spurs. I have a feeling that if he played for the Bobcats he wouldn't be thought of as good as people think.

I don't think Luol Deng is over the hill either. He is only 29. His numbers were great last year until he was traded to Cleveland. But he still averaged 16 on the year.

https://espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?id=400489928

Hayward scored just fine vs. Drummond this past year.

This match-up is really difficult for me to make a call on...

Cy's starting lineup has a slight edge as Davis can score but Drummond & Ibaka just can't .. and I think DWill and Leonard can keep Curry & Deng in check somewhat .... But if we are going to include the bench as well then I think Hack takes it with his depth...

Tough call.

Ibaka and Drummond can't score? Their is more than one way too score. Drummond is a beast down by the basket.

Ibaka has a great shot.He just plays on the same team as Westbrook and Durant, and still averages 15 ppg. Ibaka shoots like 38% from 3. And +50% fg. He can make mid range face up shots all day long. You have to guard him on that.

Ibaka and Drummond can't score? Their is more than one way too score. Drummond is a beast down by the basket.

Ibaka has a great shot.He just plays on the same team as Westbrook and Durant, and still averages 15 ppg. Ibaka shoots like 38% from 3. And +50% fg. He can make mid range face up shots all day long. You have to guard him on that.
Well may be cant score is too strong a word... he can score its just that Davis is a better scorer ... the same way Curry is a better scorer than Dwill at this stage of their careers....