Dwight Howard - Tiago Splitter

Hack

Steph Curry - Trey Burke
Wes Mathews - Rodney Hood
Luol Deng - Doug McDermott
Serge Ibaka - Ryan Anderson
Andre Drummond - Larry Sanders

Hekate's case:

Hey, this is my case. Sorry, I couldn't focus on it much.

Don't worry that my doesn't have any primary scorers in my perimeter starting line-up. Tony Parker is a floor general that can create for others as well as himself but if things go south scoring-wise I have Isaiah Thomas and Joe Johnson that can come in and add the scoring punch.

Korver is an elite 3pt shooter. Demarre Carrols brings the defense and nasty while also stretching the floor with %36 3PT on 3.7 attempts.

The reason I don't have ball-dominant scorers on my starting line-up is to fully utilize Howard and Bosh combo. Bosh showed that he can be a complementary player and has expanded his range which will make Howard work better under the rim.

Bosh can also play center with Paul Millsap alongside Korver to give Parker more space to penetrate and operate.

Drummond = Howard
Ibaka > Bosh
Deng > Carroll
Mathews > Korver
Curry > Parker

Are you serious? You have a nice defensive team but your only option on offense is Curry and you will be facing double digits when your starters come back in the game.

Are you serious? You have a nice defensive team but your only option on offense is Curry and you will be facing double digits when your starters come back in the game.

I'm not sure why you would even question whether or not my guys are better offensively. The stats prove it.

Howard is slightly better offensively than Drummond, but they are essentially the same player.
Howard 18 ppg, Drummond 13 ppg

Wesley Mathews averages 16 ppg. Korver averages 12 ppg

Bosh and Ibaka are essentially equal on offense. Ibaka would score a lot more if he got more shots. He averages 15 ppg while playing with Westbrook and Durant. I think people just don't understand this about Ibaka. Ibaka is really gifted offensively. Bosh 16 ppg

Deng 16 ppg, Carroll 11 ppg

Curry 24 ppg, Parker 16 ppg

Lol at saying Bosh and Ibaka are equal on offense. Just saying that ruins any kind of validity you have.

Lol at saying Bosh and Ibaka are equal on offense. Just saying that ruins any kind of validity you have.

What wrong with Ibaka's offensive game? Especially for what I'm doing. He's an excellent face up shooter. He's got range out to the 3 point line. I don't need his post up game really. Drummond will be playing closest to the basket.

I know Bosh can put up 20+ ppg if he is the main focus us of the offense. But why couldn't Ibaka do that if he was ever in a situation like Bosh was is Toronto. Bosh playing with Wade and Lebron dropped his numbers significantly. Why is it such a stretch to say that Westbrook and Durant are doing the same thing to Ibaka?

I wondered if picking Ibaka was a good idea or not because I wasn't sure how people would perceive Ibaka on offense. I picked him because he is a 2 way player. And also because I don't need him being the focus on offense. Just that he plays his role like he does on the Thunder. (A way better defender than Bosh)

My team is built on all around scoring by everyone about equally, then Curry is the ace, closer, etc..

Ibaka last year

15 ppg
53 fg%
38 3p%
78 ft%

On 12 field goal attempts a game

He's got big man percentages down low, and guard like numbers from outside.

Seriously, what's wrong with Ibaka's offensive game?

Ibaka last year

15 ppg
53 fg%
38 3p%
78 ft%

On 12 field goal attempts a game

He's got big man percentages down low, and guard like numbers from outside.

Seriously, what's wrong with Ibaka's offensive game?

Can't create his own shot

Has average feel around the rim

Only scores because he gets wide open jumpers from Durant and Westbrook

Not sure your team is good enough offensively for him to thrive like he does in OKC.

Hekate really needs to change his starting lineup. I won't give him the benefit of the doubt this time by making up my own rotation for his team. Demarre Carroll should not start with his bench looking the way it does. I don't think Korver should either.

Do not be afraid to play an unconventional lineup. Play to your strengths, do what feels right.

But if that feels right, then nvm.

Can't create his own shot

Has average feel around the rim

Only scores because he gets wide open jumpers from Durant and Westbrook

Not sure your team is good enough offensively for him to thrive like he does in OKC.

He'll thrive perfectly

Drummond is great at pick and roll alley oops, cuts to the baskets, etc. He's gonna demand attention. Ibaka is plenty capable of hitting outside shots.

Curry is insanely good and can easily handle shooting a whole bunch of shots. He's gonna get all of them off too unless he is double teamed. Then all of my other guys are talented enough to score after Curry passes to them. Curry is also a great distributor on top of scoring. The ball will be in Curry's hands a lot.

Mathews and Deng are so much better than Korver and Carroll, it's not funny.

Korver sucks. Seriously. He would not start for my team. Carroll is ok, but Deng is better.

Hekate really needs to change his starting lineup. I won't give him the benefit of the doubt this time by making up my own rotation for his team. Demarre Carroll should not start with his bench looking the way it does. I don't think Korver should either.

Do not be afraid to play an unconventional lineup. Play to your strengths, do what feels right.

But if that feels right, then nvm.

I don't get the love for Korver

Korver isn't a starting 2 guard in a 14 team league. I wouldn't even let him start for my team if there were 50 teams.

Carroll is a nice bench player.

Deng and Mathews are legit starters at their positions. Both 2 way players as well.

^^
I agree. I think it's "homer syndrome." People tend to remember the good things about Korver and DMC and forget all the bad. Both are/should be bench players.
However, your bench is largely unknown. For me, it was almost a toss up.

Korver isn't a starting 2 guard in a 14 team league. I wouldn't even let him start for my team if there were 50 teams.

Carroll is a nice bench player.

Deng and Mathews are legit starters at their positions. Both 2 way players as well.

Word. Johnson should be starting for sure. Then have Thomas off the bench and Korver can do his 3-point thing he does. Hekate could also put out a lineup like Parker, Korver, Johnson, Millsap, Bosh. Idk, the more I play around with his lineup combinations the more I like his team. His traditional NBA-brand wings (da 3's) are bad, but he has some skilled and versatile bigs and pretty good guards too. He can make some interesting combinations that would be able to help him against any opponent. He could really afford to spread out a team with poor isolation post players like Ibaka and Drummond.

This is a tough one. I'll have to think about it and vote later.

It's too easy to look at Hekate's starting lineup and vote for Hack. That's Hekate's biggest downfall imo.

https://grantland.com/features/kyle-korver-nba-atlanta-hawks/

Kyle Korver: An Offense Unto Himself
How the Hawks sharpshooter became one of the most uniquely valuable players in the NBA

Korver is an antique perfectly suited to thrive at the forefront of the league’s evolution. He is among a dying breed who sprint around screens away from the ball, Reggie Miller–style, hoist quick catch-and-shoot jumpers, and sink enough of them to make the advanced math work. “Nobody plays that way anymore,” says Steve Clifford, the Hornets’ coach. “Game-planning for him is such a handful.”

But Korver’s shooting and ability to read the floor make him an ideal fit within a league that jacks more 3s and requires more movement on both ends — changes the league helped generate through rule changes. “The game over the last four or five years has become so much more suited to the way he plays today,” says Jerry Sloan, who coached Korver in Utah.

He’s developed into a smart passer with some off-the-bounce juice, and he moves around so much on offense, often outside the game plan, that he sometimes annoys the Atlanta coaching staff. He’s a plus off-ball defender, his head always on a swivel, watching every player on the floor without losing track of his guy. In Atlanta, Korver has found the perfect coach and system to leverage his unmatched shooting in new and adventurous ways.

Korver averaged a career high in minutes per game last season and nailed a ridiculous 47.2 percent of his 3s. He received some All-Star consideration, though not as much as he should have, since he doesn’t dominate the ball. [NOTE: that's a premium in a game where there are too many guys that can score on their own and not enough release valves].

Here’s the killer number: Korver shot 58 percent on “stationary 3s,” classified as any 3-point try on which he moved less than six feet in the final second before launch. That blew away the rest of those 30 players; Kyle Lowry ranked second, at 53 percent. A “stationary” Korver triple was worth about 1.75 points, making it only slightly less valuable than a layup.

That is insane. That is why defenses react to any Korver movement with sheer terror, and Budenholzer uses that terror against opponents in crunch time.

The gurus at Stats LLC, the company behind the SportVU cameras, have developed two previously unreleased metrics designed to measure the amount of attention an offensive player gets from defenders when he doesn’t have the ball.

The first, dubbed “gravity score,” measures how often defenders are really guarding a particular player away from the ball. Korver had the fourth-highest score, behind only Kevin Durant, Carmelo Anthony, and Paul George. The second — “distraction score” — is a related attempt to measure how often a player’s defender strays away from him to patrol the on-ball action. Korver had the lowest such score in the league.

Korver is a solid defender despite a reputation as a liability. His teams have generally defended at about the same level regardless of whether he’s on the floor, and the league’s emphasis on ball movement and shooting plays to his strengths on defense too.

Wing players in today’s NBA have to shift all over the floor as the opposing offense moves the ball, and Korver is always tugging in the right direction. He’s hyper-alert, glancing back and forth, computing what the eight players away from him are doing second by second without losing his guy.

He knows when to help from the weak side, when to stick with a corner shooter on the strong side, when to fake help, and when a crisis is afoot.

I felt Korver was a reach, but he is a really, really nice player.