What's new

Current Players Draft Quarterfinals: Hekate v. Hack

Who would win in a 7-game series?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
So you are saying Rodney Hood and McDermott will suck?
One of them almost assuredly will. Historically speaking, they're both likely to not even make the NBA. I hope in our case that Hood is an exception but I just don't know about McDermott. He could be a nice player but I'm not sure how much you can play a guy that has no position defensively (as in, might not be able to guard almost anybody).

I could of course be ridiculously wrong about one or both of them. But putting rookies in your rotation and asking people to make a judgment with literally nothing real to go off of is a lot to ask.

I think Korver is a great fit on Hekate's team. He has enough playmakers where he can just throw Korver out there in most lineups to shoot 3's. Korver is kind of a pointless dude to have if the team has no people to create offense.

I think I'm leaning Hekate because he just has so much versatility on his team and can put together some scary offensive combinations. Screw what he puts for his starting lineup.

^^
I agree. I think it's "homer syndrome." People tend to remember the good things about Korver and DMC and forget all the bad. Both are/should be bench players.
However, your bench is largely unknown. For me, it was almost a toss up.

Korver and Carroll are good at what they do. They are there to let Parker, Bosh and Howard do their jobs and if the defense overcommits on them, they are to punish. They won't be taking any low-percentage shots, they won't be spending time with the ball in their hands so there is no need them to better than their counterparts because basketball is a team game.

It is not like both of them will play 35 minutes a night. They are rotation players that will just start the game to create space and defend. Isaiah Thomas will come in and play with Parker, Paul Millsap will play with Bosh at center, Joe Johnson will go iso on some plays. It will be an offense where anything can happen.

I think Korver is a great fit on Hekate's team. He has enough playmakers where he can just throw Korver out there in most lineups to shoot 3's. Korver is kind of a pointless dude to have if the team has no people to create offense.

I think I'm leaning Hekate because he just has so much versatility on his team and can put together some scary offensive combinations. Screw what he puts for his starting lineup.

Moving up to get Bosh, picking Korver because he was a great fit and Thomas because he had a great value where he was impaired my ability to pick a SF. Actually I chose Carroll and Ross within my last 3 picks.

Tony Parker is salivating at having KK his target. Dwight playing the "duck in" role next to Parker, Korver, and Bosh would be the best thing that happened for his career (besides landing in the most ideal franchise possible and playing next to Tim Duncan).

fixed