Thee Jazz fan

Mike Conley - Marcus Smart
James Harden - Aaron Afflalo
Chandler Parsons - Danilo Gallinar
LaMarcus Aldridge - Josh Smith
Derrick Favors - Jonas Valanciunas

Hotttnickkk's case:

Offensive Philosophy

This team will play inside-out basketball, but can also get out in transition and run and finish strong at the rim. Inside scorers include Tim Duncan and David West who are proven post scorers, surrounded by quality clutch 3 point shooters to spread the floor (Thompson 42%, Gordon 38%, Pierce 37%, Lawson 36%, Wall 35%). There is plenty of passing with John Wall and Ty Lawson who each averages 8.8 assists per game last season.

Defensive Philosophy

Tim Duncan and Tyson Chandler will anchor the defense in the starting lineup. Nothing more needs to be said about these 2 defensively. In the 2nd unit, Kevin Garnett will play the pivot and will organise the defensive strategy. His presence and intensity alone makes the team better defensively.

Match-up with Thee Jazz Fan

- John Wall/Ty Lawson >> Conley/Smart

- Thompson/Gordon = Harden/Affalo

- DeRozan/Pierce >> Parsons/Gallinari

- Duncan/Chandler/West/Garnett >>> Favors/Aldridge/Smith/Jonas

In the front court, Duncan/Chandler/West/Garnett has too much size, experience, scoring, and will dominate the Thee's lineup. Aldridge is the only player that will provide front court offense and the Duncan/Chandler pairing would shut Aldridge down defensively. Favors offers nothing offensively. West will dominate Smith offensively. Smith puts up the most ill-advised 3point shooting in the league and is actually a hindrance to have on a team.

In the backcourt, Wall averages 19.3pts, 8.8asts, and is too quick and explosive for Conley to contain. Lawson averages 17.6pts, 8.8asts and would run rings around the inexperience Smart who is also unproven offensively.

DeRozan torched Parsons for 29 points in their own meeting this year. Pierce will dominate Gallinari who is coming back from a major injury and has a big question mark.

Overall, it is my front court that will dominate. It is clearly more experienced, has Championship calibre players who has produced when it counts and should take this match-up 4-2 in a 7 game series.

Kink and it's not close imo. He has waaaaaaay more winners and leadership. Duncan, West, Pierce, Chandler. These guys are winners. And that experience will help his backcourt which is constructed beautifully with young athletic guys. Wall the penetrator and distributor. Thompson the spot up shooter. Derozan (and Wall) the one who attacks the basket.

I really like Mike Conley but Harden's a bum, Favors shouldn't be starting on anyone's team in this, and I don't see guys I trust in big spots.

Kink and it's not close imo. He has waaaaaaay more winners and leadership. Duncan, West, Pierce, Chandler. These guys are winners. And that experience will help his backcourt which is constructed beautifully with young athletic guys. Wall the penetrator and distributor. Thompson the spot up shooter. Derozan (and Wall) the one who attacks the basket.

I really like Mike Conley but Harden's a bum, Favors shouldn't be starting on anyone's team in this, and I don't see guys I trust in big spots.

I guess those who pick old geezers gotta stick together. :p

HawtNickkks back court is too strong in this matchup and the bench depth just too much to ignore. Thees team 4s are solid (I like Aldridges all round game at 4)but Duncan and West more than have their measure- 4-1 best of seven

HawtNickkks back court is too strong in this matchup and the bench depth just too much to ignore. Thees team 4s are solid (I like Aldridges all round game at 4)but Duncan and West more than have their measure- 4-1 best of seven

I can bring in both Smart and Afflalo to to guard Wall. Both are elite defenders, as far as Smart goes you can question his playmaking and shooting, but he's as good as they come on defense and that translates from college to the nba. Also my bench is every bit as deep as kkk's and then some. Smith would bother West. Favors and Aldridge fit perfect together, and need Valanciunas on my bench for some added paint offense Gallo was an absolute steal for me at the end of the draft, is a good defender and can guard both forward positions, and is a good three point shooter.

Mr. Hair said Harden is a bum, that's his bias, because Harden is a bad defender, but let's not forget all the things he is responsible for on offense, getting to the line 10 times a game. Scoring 25 points a game and being the primary playmaker, making his teammates better. So yea, his defense will suffer, he still brings so much to a team.

Also, Timmy doesn't have Parker to set him up or Pops helping him to get set up perfect. Fact of the matter is. His bigs are old. Mine are young and spry, and good defenders. Also Favors would be put on Duncan on defense. Also amazed at some discounting Favors abilities. He made lots of improvements on offense last year, and expect him to improve more this year. Let's not forget last year was the first year starting and getting over 30 minutes a game. I would not be surprised to see him be a 15/12 guy most likely a 14/10 guy. But the first isn't out of the question for sure. This is not a 4-1 series.

While nikkk's front court is smart and experienced. His backcourt and wings are erratic and not the best overall iq, where I have Conley and Harden who are savvy vets, at the top of their games, with Parsons coming into his own, and playing his role to perfection along with Harden and Conley. I don't think this is the case with Nikkk's team.

Hotttnickkk

Match-up with Thee Jazz Fan

- John Wall/Ty Lawson >> Conley/Smart

- Thompson/Gordon = Harden/Affalo

- DeRozan/Pierce >> Parsons/Gallinari

- Duncan/Chandler/West/Garnett >>> Favors/Aldridge/Smith/Jonas
Don't make me laugh kkk! Thompson and Gordon are not = to Harden and and Afflalo. That's just idiotic. Harden is the premier sg in the nba right now, and Afflalo scores 18 a game while playing elite defense, having elite midrange game shooting 42% from 3, and Gordon is every bit as much of a ? As Gallo is.

Duncan is a year older at 38-39 and is without Parker and Ginobili, and Pops. He will not be as effective let's also not forget that Chandler isn't the same player either. His game has taken a nose dive since his championship run with Dallas. West isn't a defender or inside player, while he is a good offensive player, he's not the scorer he once was and doesn't put that much pressure on the defense. Even Smith who is an elite defender, athlete, and shot blocker can take him out of his game, and Garnett is another over the hill player who can't play many minutes anymore and is only good as a vet on the court and leader in the locker room. Aldridge is considered by some the best 4 in the game, and there's no doubt in my mind he is the most complete offensive 4 in the game, he has moves that even kkk's bigs can't defend kkk can only hope that Aldridge has an off week, and if you look at Aldridge's post season last year, he was a beast! And Both Favors and Jonas are strong, quick, athletic, and good rebounders, and due for breakout seasons.

There are tons more ?'s on kkk's team then mine. I have the most conducive playoff offense in the tournament. My players fit perfect for a strong half court offense. I have my two stars, who are great scorers, both elite passers at their positions, with Harden being even elite for a passing pg. both fit each other offensively like a glove, and since I don't need to run plays for Favors (other then the accasional pick'n roll), Parsons, and Conley, there are plenty of touches and oppertunities for both Harden and Aldridge.

Bottom line is... My team is both young, and experienced, and exhibit great chemistry from my starting pg to my backup center, and you can't say the same of kkk's team.

I wonder if Harden will still call his teammates (Conley, Favors, Parsons) "role players" in this team? I know Parsons wasn't very happy when he was called that and bolted to the Mavs the first chance he got.

That kind of leadership will never win a single Championship, IMO.

I wonder if Harden will still call his teammates (Conley, Favors, Parsons) "role players" in this team? I know Parsons wasn't very happy when he was called that and bolted to the Mavs the first chance he got.

That kind of leadership will never win a single Championship, IMO.
Good lord.. They are role players, and damned good role players at that. That's a weak comeback kkk!

Good lord.. They are role players, and damned good role players at that. That's a weak comeback kkk!

It's not whether or not they are role players, it's the overall attitude that says "I'm better than you" within a team which to me is bad news.

A true leader leads by example and embracing his team no matter what role they play.

duncan1.jpg

It's not whether or not they are role players, it's the overall attitude that says "I'm better than you" within a team which to me is bad news.

A true leader leads by example and embracing his team no matter what role they play.

duncan1.jpg

13229ede01fac057fe1c599b274107f9.jpg

Don't pretend to know what your talking about, or that you know what others are thinking, because you don't. That's laughable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13229ede01fac057fe1c599b274107f9.jpg

Don't pretend to know what your talking about, or that you know what others are thinking, because you don't. That's laughable.

My team has come together for one purpose, and that's as men come together to win a tournament. Maybe your team needs to be coddled, but then that's you, not me.

BTW - Harden's lack of defensive effort also tells me a lot about what kind of team player he is.

Defense wins Championship, and unfortunately Harden doesn't play any.

Who's initiating the offense for Hotttnickkk's team? The difference between Harden and Hotttnickkk's primary source of offense is what seals it for me. Harden is a better playmaker than anyone on Hotttnickkk's team, and Aldridge as his 2nd scorer might even be better than Hotttnickkk's primary guy.

Who's initiating the offense for Hotttnickkk's team? The difference between Harden and Hotttnickkk's primary source of offense is what seals it for me. Harden is a better playmaker than anyone on Hotttnickkk's team, and Aldridge as his 2nd scorer might even be better than Hotttnickkk's primary guy.

??? Wall averages 8.8 assists per game, same with Lawson who also averages 8.8 assists.

With the likes of DeRozan, Thompson, Gordon, Pierce, Duncan and West to pass to, there is enough offense to go around.