What's new

Cut One

Who Gets Cut?

• Total voters
Must Keep Johnson because of Mr. Glass.

20150102-hood.jpg

How do the d-league roster spots work? Can't the jazz keep Jarrett and Hanlan and put them on the stampede? How many guys do the jazz get to keep as d leaguers?

I like Cooley but echo what Cy is saying. The other 2 can actually, legitimently, play basketball at the NBA level in a backup roll.

That said, I can't figure out why we signed Neto. That would be another spot open.

I cut Johnson and keep Cotton and Cooley.
This
Btw **** jerret.
Also, I heard that since hanlan was not born in the usa that the jazz can use him like a draft and stash player and send him over seas to play or something.

I voted Cooley.

Cotton and Johnson both seem like they can make an impact in a NBA game that matters.

Just not sure about Cooley. He isn't a good defender and he isn't a good finisher against length. I just don't think he can play against NBA rotational size.

If we lose a center to injury we can always slide Favors to spot 5-man minutes and drop Hayward/Hood to spot 4-man minutes.

It also makes sense given the Jazz vision of playing with pace and shooting. Cotton is a good shooter and Johnson seems like he is getting better.

I just don't see how you cut Johnson with what he has shown in SL. He has just been an all around good player on both ends.
While I agree that johnsons play has earned him a spot I just think that having hood, Burks, ingles, millsap, and even exum and lyles to play the wing it makes me think that cooley is more needed even though he probably isn't as good as johnson.

Of course we have **** loads of pg's too so maybe we should cut cotton. (I personally enjoy watching him play more than cooley or johnson though)

This
Btw **** jerret.
Also, I heard that since hanlan was not born in the usa that the jazz can use him like a draft and stash player and send him over seas to play or something.

That would be great if true... I haven't seen anything from Hanlan so far in SL. He's invisible when he's in the game.

I voted for Cotton, but changed my mind when reading the thread. I think that if Jazz cut a player or trade someone (Burke) during the season, that they are more likely to have Cooley available to sign than the other 2.

Glad to see you guys have some rational thoughts... Cooley, as much as he has had a great SL, can not make it in the NBA. Cotton/ Johnson look like they can contribute + develop into contributors.
Though this is true, the chance are high that none of them will really ever play.

I enjoy watching cooley (he is tough and makes me laugh) and cotton (high flying super quick mighty mouse) more than johnson (the better player but nothing really entertaining stands out about him)

So I would choose to keep johnson if we were talking about guys who will be playing meaningful minutes, but since we aren't I will take cooley and cotton

I cannot fathom a single way that losing Burke will come back to bite us. Very very few all-stars followed a career trajectory that had them steadily getting worse, then suddenly improving to all-star levels. Unless he ends up an all-star at some point there would be not regret in letting Burke go for a ham sandwich.
I don't expect him to be close to an all-star... but I do like the idea of having a scoring pg off the bench, and he fits that role pretty well. He certainly needs to be more consistent... but if we get rid of him for very little, then I think we'd be suddenly wishing we had more scoring off the bench.

Sent from my XT1031 using Tapatalk

Though this is true, the chance are high that none of them will really ever play.

I enjoy watching cooley (he is tough and makes me laugh) and cotton (high flying super quick mighty mouse) more than johnson (the better player but nothing really entertaining stands out about him)

So I would choose to keep johnson if we were talking about guys who will be playing meaningful minutes, but since we aren't I will take cooley and cotton

Johnson, Millsap, and Ingles could all challenge for the 4th wing spot.

That is why you keep Johnson, because he is on par with those dudes. Ingles probably has the advantage right now, but it's definitely not set in stone. He actually had the most efficient stats of the 3 last year and looks to have gotten better, especially with his passing.

Also not sure what isn't fun about Johnson getting those chase down blocks, steals, huge outlet passes, PNR and no look behind the back assist.

Cooley got a rebound misses the put back and got the rebound again, cool. But lets keep the big white scrub because Utah.

Cotton, that boi got swag my friends. You keep that guy like u keep that other rookie guy who hits game winning shot in Miami like 4 years ago. What his name? Games or something. One of very best Jazz memories to me.

As much as I like Cooley, he's an awful defended. I think we could do better if we need a 5th big. Cotton's contract makes him more of an asset, but he's really only had one good game so far. I haven't been that impressed with his half court offense, or his defense.

Johnson is better than both.

Johnson, Millsap, and Ingles could all challenge for the 4th wing spot.

That is why you keep Johnson, because he is on par with those dudes. Ingles probably has the advantage right now, but it's definitely not set in stone. He actually had the most efficient stats of the 3 last year and looks to have gotten better, especially with his passing.

Also not sure what isn't fun about Johnson getting those chase down blocks, steals, huge outlet passes, PNR and no look behind the back assist.

Cooley got a rebound misses the put back and got the rebound again, cool. But lets keep the big white scrub because Utah.
Good post.
But I like cooley more because of his toughness. Last night he was pissing okafor and the rest of the Sixers off and getting on their heads because he was always pushing and grabbing them. My friend labelled cooley "poor mans laimbeer" due to how much he annoyed the other team.

In Tuesdays game he was constantly leaving bodies all over the floor in his wake. It was cracking me up. It was like he was playing football out there. Constantly knocking dudes down.

Good post.
But I like cooley more because of his toughness. Last night he was pissing okafor and the rest of the Sixers off and getting on their heads because he was always pushing and grabbing them. My friend labelled cooley "poor mans laimbeer" due to how much he annoyed the other team.

In Tuesdays game he was constantly leaving bodies all over the floor in his wake. It was cracking me up. It was like he was playing football out there. Constantly knocking dudes down.

If he was good at defense then it would be something. He is awful at defense and just fouls a lot.

I voted cut Cotton, but it's more a cut a PG than him personally. 4 PGs is superfluous. CJ is great. Cooley's never-back-down toughness is great for a 3rd C.

But more than anything you gotta thin out the PGs. I keep expecting to hear news of Trey Burke getting traded, which would open up a spot for Cotton maybe.

I voted cut Cotton, but it's more a cut a PG than him personally. 4 PGs is superfluous. CJ is great. Cooley's never-back-down toughness is great for a 3rd C.

But more than anything you gotta thin out the PGs. I keep expecting to hear news of Trey Burke getting traded, which would open up a spot for Cotton maybe.

Yeah, Cotton cut makes the most sense because of position needs/balance.

Cooley cut makes most sense because of BPA.

Johnson cut makes no sense.

Just listened to DL talk about the situation with the PGs and he said if the situation requires it, we will carry 4 PGs and that's not a problem. Said the Stampede is an option for one of them and that they all bring different type of skills and strengths that the coaching staff might want to use in different situations.

On a side note - he said they did some athletic testing on Dante at P3 and he posted the second best lane agility test ever recorded at P3... and that's at a size of 6'6''.

Johnsons game impresses me more and more. He doesnt try and do too much, and is a good facilitator of the offense.

Cotton has outplayed Burke, and Im one of Treys biggest homers, perhaps his only one. Dal is off the wagon isnt he?
I'm comfortable with a rotation of Exum, Neto, and Cotton. Losing Burke may come back to bite us, but Cotton has simply
played more consistent than Trey in a smaller sample size.

Cooley has give us energy, toughness, and great funny quotes. I dont think we lose much by not having him on the roster. Yes hes good enough to
be a 12man for us. No he is not better than Cotton or Johnson. Sorry Cools you are the odd man out. Keep your cell next to your bed though.

Pls. I'll never lose faith in BJB. He'll close out certain games for us next season, sure of it. Positionally, Cotton is most expendable. Cut him, and either keep Cooley & Johnson or just cut Johnson and keep Cooley.

Pls. I'll never lose faith in BJB. He'll close out certain games for us next season, sure of it. Positionally, Cotton is most expendable. Cut him, and either keep Cooley & Johnson or just cut Johnson and keep Cooley.

Cooley is first cut for sure. The people have spoken.