What's new

******* dads.

So, this is crazy, but I just got word that the kid was lying, and he finally admitted to it. All of a sudden, everyone is like, "See, I told you." and I'm starting to feel like a real idiot.

Can you give us a hint of what he did? I mean it wasn't a crime and he didn't hurt anyone physically or destroy property, etc. so what did he do?

This kid get caught up in an impromptu ordain women rally or something?

Can you give us a hint of what he did? I mean it wasn't a crime and he didn't hurt anyone physically or destroy property, etc. so what did he do?

It really is impossible to put into words that you'd understand, simply because of all the "family dynamic" that it involves, but to break it down to its simplest form, he essentially went against his VERY religious fathers wishes regarding certain aspects of his religion. Again, it was nothing bad, like premarital sex (bad, as in the context of this family), drugs, or alcohol abuse or anything like that. To break it down even easier, it is the equivalent to the son breaking family Republican tradition and registering as a Democrat, only with more fireworks. The kid was simply only doing what he has always done, tried to do the right thing, that would benefit everyone, and of course it blew up in his face and the father/family disowned him for it.

I hope he hasn't gotten caught up in dumpster diving.

If so, I'm totally on the dads side.

I laughed, but then cried.

It really is impossible to put into words that you'd understand, simply because of all the "family dynamic" that it involves, but to break it down to its simplest form, he essentially went against his VERY religious fathers wishes regarding certain aspects of his religion. Again, it was nothing bad, like premarital sex (bad, as in the context of this family), drugs, or alcohol abuse or anything like that. To break it down even easier, it is the equivalent to the son breaking family Republican tradition and registering as a Democrat, only with more fireworks. The kid was simply only doing what he has always done, tried to do the right thing, that would benefit everyone, and of course it blew up in his face and the father/family disowned him for it.

I laughed, but then cried.

Don't play with fireworks if you don't want them to blow up in your face.

I just got a call from the father and we shared a few heated exchanges. I told him that he needed to forgive his son and let him move back in, or WWJD, essentially, and he told me to **** off. I then got a call from three other members of the family each telling me how out of line I was for telling their dad my thoughts.

I've had it.

Is it possible the father believes or knows the kid isn't his biologically?

I've seen a lot of step kids treated completely differently than the step parent's biological children. Often times the spouse who is the biological parent even starts buying in on the problem child line laid down by the step parent. And of course, being tagged as the problem child and being treated differently often leads to actual changes in behavior towards the image being drawn.
I'm wondering this too.

One of my best friends in middle school lived with his bio mom and his stepfather. His mom and stepfather had a second kid, a younger daughter. The stepfather treated my friend like garbage and the daughter like an angel, even though she was a little brat.

I'm wondering this too.

One of my best friends in middle school lived with his bio mom and his stepfather. His mom and stepfather had a second kid, a younger daughter. The stepfather treated my friend like garbage and the daughter like an angel, even though she was a little brat.

Not possible. They both look exactly like their dad.

Don't play with fireworks if you don't want them to blow up in your face.

I got the subtlety there.

I just got a call from the father and we shared a few heated exchanges. I told him that he needed to forgive his son and let him move back in, or WWJD, essentially, and he told me to **** off. I then got a call from three other members of the family each telling me how out of line I was for telling their dad my thoughts.

I've had it.

Uh huh

Not possible. They both look exactly like their dad.

sleuth stuff

I've had it.

morons.

Ok.. I thought this was from up 'north.'

Now that I have learned (via PM) that this is down here in Hurricane..........