What's new

Dalembert traded to Sacramento...One more big man available in the draft?

That article from nbadraft.net said Cousins would do well to be drafted by Utah. I must admit I'm somewhat surprised by that. My initial thought was him and Sloan would butt heads and he'd rot in Sloan's doghouse.

I don't think this changes anything for Sacramento. Sammy D and Carl Landry are hardly franchise players. They will still want to improve their frontline if they indeed feel that the bigmen are worth taking.

And that wouldn't have traded had this trade gone through or not

It's going to take taking on Udrih and Garcia to have a chance at getting #5. If the Jazz use AK and the #9 there (the only package that remotely makes sense). That would actually be pretty sweet as the Jazz save about $6 million this year (which would conceivably enough room to re-sign Boozer or use him in a S&T) and the Jazz pick up some ball-handlers (Udrih is vastly overpaid but he's a nice player and Garcia's deal goes way too long and he's not a great defender, but he's a nice passer, ballhandler, and shooter).

I still see Kings getting Monroe. They get Dalembert to fix any defensive problems they would get by having Monroe in the game.

I still see Kings getting Monroe. They get Dalembert to fix any defensive problems they would get by having Monroe in the game.
The key is if the Kings made the trade for a player or for an expiring. If they're doing this because they like Dalembert the player, then it's feasible they extend or re-sign him and it then makes little sense to draft a player that is shaping up to be far more of a C than a PF (Cousins). If they draft Monroe, they'll have two players that are legitimate PF/Cs as oppose to what could turn into a logjam with Cousins.

If they traded for Dalembert the contract, well, they did the right thing and they should draft Cousins. The Kings don't really abide by conventional wisdom, though.

The Kings should draft Cousins. Monroe is being valued way too high in this years draft.

Hopefully the kings draft Monroe and the Jazz trade with the Warriors to get Cousins.

What I think the Kings will do? They will draft Cousins unless a offer wows them. And offering Millsap or Miles along with the 9th pick probably won't do it. They have Landry so they don't need Millsap. And Miles could actually fill the role of the SF on that team. But Casspi is probably going to be a better player.

Why are people so insistent that Miles is a SF? He's s swing-man, and he's more of a SG and always has been.

Why are people so insistent that Miles is a SF? He's s swing-man, and he's more of a SG and always has been.

Why do people insist on correcting something that doesn't matter.......The SG and SF does not matter in the Utah Jazz offense. They have different roles depending on there strengths and weaknesses.

And CJ Miles played SF during the Playoffs. Wes Matthews was obviously playing SG. So he has played SF a lot since he has been here. Even when Brewer was here. Brewer almost always guarded the SG.

Miles is a tweener. He doesn't have the lateral quickness to guard the smaller quicker SG's but he also isn't that strong enough to always guard the Power SF's in the league. Like Melo and Artest.

But that being said. Miles is better at guarding the SF position than the SG position, but on offense it ABSOLUTELY does not matter which position he plays. They aren't doing anything different in the Jazz system. They both come off of curls and they both set screens on PF's defender. And they both wander on the 3 point line and watch Deron run the pick and roll.
The only thing that changes in the offense is if the player has a weakness so Sloan changes things up (like when Brewer was here he played closer to the basket). But changes are made not because of the position at SF or SG but because of the strength and weaknesses.

Just because David Lee plays exclusively at the 5 does not make him a C.

But you're right, it doesn't especially matter. As I said, he's a swing-man. My point was more that, that he's better as a 2, and that there shouldn't ever be a conflict with playing time just because he's on a team that has depth at SF.

I am not sure your definition of a swing man. But a swing man to me is the SG & SF position. I think that is what you are saying though.

There can be a conflict with playing time though. If you have a group of core young players and they need to get them a certain amount of minutes and than it can be. Or if that want someone to complement Evans more so he should start in that case.

My point with Miles was that if they are trading away there draft pick to move down than they would want a starting caliber player. And there are reports saying that the Kings want a Veteran SF next to Evans. And Miles might have proven enough during late season run and in playoffs for a team to think so. But i honestly don't think the Kings would do it. My point was is that Miles is all we have to offer for there needs. Which isn't very good.

Brewer would guard the best offensive player, generally the SG. You didn't see Miles guard LeBron James, did you?

Agreed. That makes my point that is not does not matter what position you label them as (in terms of SF & SG). It all depends on who you are guarding if you want to label it. On offense it does not matter what so ever. Defense it does to a certain extent. But Brewer would guard the SG the majority of the time. Lebron and Melo are special case where Brewer matched up with the best. Now that Brewer is gone and we have Miles and Matthews on the court at the same time....... Miles would guard Lebron and Melo. So Miles can guard both positions.

Agreed. That makes my point that is not does not matter what position you label them as (in terms of SF & SG). It all depends on who you are guarding if you want to label it. On offense it does not matter what so ever. Defense it does to a certain extent. But Brewer would guard the SG the majority of the time. Lebron and Melo are special case where Brewer matched up with the best. Now that Brewer is gone and we have Miles and Matthews on the court at the same time....... Miles would guard Lebron and Melo. So Miles can guard both positions.

That may be a matter of opinion. :D

Miles wouldn't be part of a Kings trade proposal besides as a toss-in. It's Kirilenko and the 9 for their overpaid role-players and the 5 or it's not happening.

Miles wouldn't be part of a Kings trade proposal besides as a toss-in. It's Kirilenko and the 9 for their overpaid role-players and the 5 or it's not happening.

I agree. The only trade I saw worth mentioning was AK, the 9th pick for Garcia, Nocioni & the 5th pick.

And that is not possible now. We don't have anything that the kings want it seems. So lets just hope that Cousins falls to the warriors and we can trade with them.