What's new

Dante Exum - 2014/2015 NBA Season Highlights

Haha. Speaking of Fes, one of my favorite quotes came from him at the end of a game vs the Suns.

Reporter asked him if he was worried about a hard foul he had on Channing Frye. Fes responded, simply, with: "If he dies, he dies." Hahaha

Bring Fes back and have him replace Steve Brown... Miller's you owe us this for having to put up with his boring awkward *** for so long.

I'm not really convinced by anything the coaches tell the media. Maybe Dante missed two or three drives a game that he was green-lighted to take. I have no doubt in my mind that his marching orders were limited; Q didn't want him barreling down the lane when the whim struck. In other words, I think that if Dante were AS AGGRESSIVE AS Q ENCOURAGED HIM TO BE, then most fans would still find that he LACKED AGGRESSION. Was he overly hesitant at times? Yes. Do fans make too big a deal out of it and miss properly emphasizing all that he did well? Absolutely.

I agree that what the media is told is only to placate the audience. The talk could be true or not... Dante is being brought along on a vector according to the Jazz plans.

I did hear Locke on the radio Friday and he noted the following:
+ DL has had the two 'home run draft picks of the last 5 years' K Leonard and Rudy.
+ The key to the draft is to get persons with exceptional physical skills and then learn 'em up right (Leonard) (Stifle is on his way) The reference point they noted that Leonard was full of WOW at SDSU but lacked Bball skills (wasn't a shooter, etc) Also part of the skill is the right "elite" attitude. High willingness to work, and coachable.
+ Dante fits this description: elite speed, high IQ, coachable, drive for improvement. His physical skills are manifest in his D as a 19year old. Not a leaper, but excellent foot speed. His passing skills are excellent.
The final part of that conversation is that most of the players who are seniors who did NOT dominate until they were "22 year olds playing 18-19 years olds don't pan out so well in NBA." That is, you simply can't teach physical skills. The is the Frank Layden line of: "You can't teach height" extended. The persons they mentioned in that list of players included Udoh, Jimmer, Trey and Kaminsky (sp? to lazy to lookup) Trey dominated as Sr because of maturity not because he was dominating his peers physically. (I think trey has enough skill to be a decent/good NBA player if he puts in the right effort.) This summary correlates (but not identicial to) with the 80's Kentucky Player Rex Chapman who wrote an article for last years draft that boils down to "you will be good if you dominate your peers" Because only those that dominate their peers have the possibility of doing so (or making it) at the next level. Rex's article was focused on freshman leaving for NBA. So unless you are freshman all conf, or all American, it is unlikely you'll make the NBA. I'm sure there are exceptions to this, but the whole story makes sense.

Tony Jones and Andy Larsen are all saying Exum looks bigger. Tony Jones speculating he's pushing 6'7.

Cool if true, but it seems like players are always growing.

Tony Jones and Andy Larsen are all saying Exum looks bigger. Tony Jones speculating he's pushing 6'7.

Cool if true, but it seems like players are always growing.

18/19 year olds typically grow.

I went from 6'1 when I was 18 to 6'3 when I was 20.

I don't know if it's just not having seen him in a while or what, but Dante Exum looks bigger. Maybe even taller. Greenwood said it too.
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) May 27, 2015

Just saw Dante Exum. He looks noticeably bigger. Looks like he may be pushing 6-7.
— Tony Jones (@Tjonessltrib) May 27, 2015

@Stockton2Sloan Looks bigger physically and taller.
— Tony Jones (@Tjonessltrib) May 27, 2015

Sounds like he's working on his shooting form too:
Dante Exum came after the Jazz's workout, talked to fellow Aussie Hugh Greenwood and was working on form shooting from 5 feet.
— Andy Larsen (@andyblarsen) May 27, 2015