What's new

Dante Exum - 2014/2015 NBA Season Highlights

Also, Dennis Lindsey interview about Dante:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzSbLJiuhgk

I don't think I've ever been more anxious to see a players year 2 jump than his.

He does some things that when you see them all together like that make you think he could be really good someday. His passing ability is great and as he fleshes out his drive game it will only open up more passing lanes. Add in a 35%+ 3p shot someday and look out.

I don't think I've ever been more anxious to see a players year 2 jump than his.

Yeah, I just hope Jazz fans keep their expectations realistic. It might still be a year or two before he starts to put it all together. Hopefully he'll improve enough that we'll stop hearing some of the silly comments we heard last year that completely ignore the defensive end of the court, and the trade comments. Exum ain't goin' nowhere.

I think at worst Exum is going to be a solid player for us. I don't know if he'll ever reach his potential, but I'll be rooting for him!

Amazing how easily he can get into the lane, just can't do a whole lot yet with it yet except pass.

Amazing how easily he can get into the lane, just can't do a whole lot yet with it yet except pass.

Sometimes it reminds me of Gordon Hayward's early years. He would beat his guy and get into the lane. Then the defense would do something he didn't expect and he would put up a terrible shot or get a turnover trying to force a pass.

Dude just needs some balls. Like serious balls of fire. Way way way too many times I watched him look at an open lane to the hoop, maybe just a stutter step or cross over to get by his guy and a burst of speed, which we know he has, to get to the rim, and he always passed it up to drop the ball off to someone at the top of the key or something. Good hell man, go after it! Get in there! Posterize any poor SOB that gets in your way. That change alone will kick him to another level.

some minor notes on the highlight vid:

*not surprised that Enes Kanter doesn't feature. I mean, he's on the floor a few times (as teammate and as opponent), but he does not feature as a leavening ingredient for any highlight.
*Trevor Booker has an underrated feel for the game. He makes some great passes on this tape.
* ****ing love the chemistry that Rudy and Dante have already developed. That's got to be on everybody's THANK GOD list.

I like what dennis said "when his strength and physicality match his size, we will see something special"

Dude just needs some balls. Like serious balls of fire. Way way way too many times I watched him look at an open lane to the hoop, maybe just a stutter step or cross over to get by his guy and a burst of speed, which we know he has, to get to the rim, and he always passed it up to drop the ball off to someone at the top of the key or something. Good hell man, go after it! Get in there! Posterize any poor SOB that gets in your way. That change alone will kick him to another level.

Totally agreed. I think a lot of that has to do with how physically weak he was and just a lack of confidence because of it. Much like Hayward, I think he'll improve exponentially as he improves his body physically. I can't wait to see how much better he is next year, but I think by the time he's 22 we'll have a true gauge of whether he'll be an All Star or just a solid starter.

Dante gunna make his doubters eat their words. He's got elite skills. He was simply overmatched physically at 19, but I have this sneaking suspicion that he's not going to be 19 anymore two or three or four or five years from now. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and predict he won't be 19 next season.

Based on these highlights I think he is a future Hall of Famer... Did not miss one shot. NOT. ONE.

In seriousness I really do like Dante. Need to see more flashes this year. It doesn't hurt to have a player looking for other guys... just needs a little more balance.

I will call it now though... Every year when training camp open we will hear a report of how Dante has added 15 lbs of muscle.

In seriousness I really do like Dante. Need to see more flashes this year. It doesn't hurt to have a player looking for other guys... just needs a little more balance.

I will call it now though... Every year when training camp open we will hear a report of how Dante has added 15 lbs of muscle.

I heard he's already gained 10 lbs of muscle. Hopefully it is more by the time training camp starts.

He's not really explosive enough to "posterize" defenders. He has to get stronger to be able to finish with contact.