What's new

Dante Exum to wear #11, Rodney Hood to wear #6 for the Jazz

The only other guy who deserves it is Dantley. He was the best player on the team and really the only reason to watch the Jazz when they came to SLC. I think you have to be the best or second best player on your team, years played, and MVP/Scoring title or record holders should be in the rafters.
Even Dantley...I'm not sure. He was an incredible scorer, especially given his size and that most of his scoring was in the post. His 7 years break down like this:
* 4 years leading a team that averaged 27 wins
* 1 season carrying the team to the first winning season (45 wins)
* 2 seasons (41 and 42 wins) marred by a contract holdout and feuds with coach (not entirely his fault, Frank must take some blame)

The Jazz should honor Dantley. Make a banner with an picture of him, maybe put the number 29.6 on it (his scoring average with the Jazz). Or go ahead and hang up his number just like they have. But if I had my way, #4 would remain in circulation.

While I'm at it, honor Frank Layden and Larry Miller in some alternate way as well, given that they never wore a jersey (not counting that night Larry put on the short shorts).