What's new

Dante Exum

max23

New on this board,very curious about this team!
Huge Duke fan for awhile now,i think Hood was underrated.From what ive seen from Exum,great first step,questionnable finishing ability and jump shot,great vision and seems to have great potential as a defender with his lateral quickness.At this point because of his lack of a jumpshot,he seems to be better suited right now as a pg with that passing ability.
Few questions:
Do you think he could surpass Trey Burke as starting pg this year?(Personnally doubt it but you guys have watched Burke way more than me)

Welcome to the board!

I'd be surprised if Exum can put it all together quickly enough to supass TB this season, but I think he'll be given every chance to do so. The organization is obviously extremely high on this ability.

Other than C (Favors) and SF (GH - if resigned), every position on the floor is up for grabs. I think it's almost a given that Trey and Burks are both going to get close to 30+ minutes game, and Dante will get as many as he earned. I will be very curious to see how Quin uses the 3 of them in tandem and how Ex looks in his first year.

Welcome! Glad to hear Hood was underrated. We need someone with his skills. I can't wait to see how Exum and Burke play together. Like bigmike said, I doubt Exum will pass Burke this year. Burke is a very talented kid and a good leader. But I think Exum is too. As of now it looks like they can play together and share the distribution duties. Both are good passers, which should take our ball movement up a notch and make us overall a more difficult team to defend.

Its would be tough we will see what coach sees. Burke made some big time clutch plays last season.
Im very happy with the Rodney Hood pick. Can't wait till the season starts

Loving the new posters and less active members posting more. The more of us the better.

I expect the will take their first looks at a Exum & Burke back court in summer league.

I think that Exum will be starting sooner than later. Quinn wants to run and Exum will create match up problems...

Also burke can't run!!

Loving the new posters and less active members posting more. The more of us the better.

I expect the will take their first looks at a Exum & Burke back court in summer league.
Welcome max23. And yes, it IS nice to see some new blood and many others returning. It's been boring with the same old posters (and I include myself) just pontificating their same views. Have to admit, though, the best thing the Jazz ever did for this board was trading Arroyo. His followers on this board were truly annoying. Very happy with those who came aboard with Kanter and Burke. And I think we'll gain some quality with the Hood and Exum fans.

If anyone is expecting a MONSTER season from Dante, I think they're going to be disappointed. And I'm sure we're going to have some screaming "bust" and "FireLindsey" at some point. Exum is RAW. He's also playing one of the most demanding position; there's a reason almost all rookie PG's struggle. As I pointed out in another thread, Lakers once acquired a kid straight out of HS who really struggled his first season, averaging just 7 pts/per. He's turned out just fine. Not saying Exum is Kobe, but Dante has elite size, quickness, intelligence and the fire to become great.

So no, I don't see him starting. He'll back up both guard positions this season and maybe even next. Then the Jazz will likely have to trade either Trey or Alec, unless one is willing to become our Manu Ginobli.

Exum is very young and still developing his body. I think his minutes will be regulated, but once he gains his confidence, yes, I think he will replace Trey Burke at PG. I think Exum will be like a taller, longer version of Tony Parker.

Our best line-up talentwise is probably: Exum/Burks/Hayward/Kanter/....Gobert (there, I said it).

Exum is very young and still developing his body. I think his minutes will be regulated, but once he gains his confidence, yes, I think he will replace Trey Burke at PG. I think Exum will be like a taller, longer version of Tony Parker.

Our best line-up talentwise is probably: Exum/Burks/Hayward/Kanter/....Gobert (there, I said it).

Gobert is not even close to favors talent wise.

Don't forget AK47 leaving. I thought that was the best part of the draft. Moves the grade from an A to an A+++ for me