What's new

DANTE TRADED TO CAVS

Dante on the trade:

“Of course, it’s bittersweet,” Exum told cleveland.com. “Utah has been my home for the past five years, it’s where I got drafted, so obviously it hurt to go. But I’m excited for this new opportunity. Go out and play hard. That’s the biggest thing I can do right now. I’m here adjusting to a new system, new coach, new teammates so it’s a lot to take in all at once. As long as I go out there and relax, breathe and play the game that I know how to play then I should be fine.”

Well, pretty sure he is screwed, as everyone knows the dude can't breathe. Best of luck to him, I think he will be happy in Cleveland. Let's move on from the Exum show.

Much appreciated. I will say that I didn’t think the front office was going to be able to get off Dante’s contract until next year when it became an expiring. But I did know a few weeks ago they were trying. It’s the reason after months of insisting that he wasn’t going to be traded that I wrote a trade primer on December 15 and hinted at a Dante trade being a possibility. I thought his salary number plus the fact that he wasn’t in the rotation would make it difficult to move him. But relationships around the nba matter and the front office has some strong ones around the league. This is the third straight season the jazz have traded with Cleveland

Great insight. Btw, always thought you were fair on Dante... Even when Locke and others were a bit defensive when confronted with the Exumites :) You kept an open mind. Keep up your good work...

When the Jazz signed Mudiay, I actually called the move a sign the Jazz were thinking of trading Dante, but of course like everyone else I didn't think it was possible because of his injuries and his contract.

It still bothers me that Exum runs around with his thumb sticking up. It just seems so unnatural and awkward.

Reactions: MVP
It still bothers me that Exum runs around with his thumb sticking up. It just seems so unnatural and awkward.
5dfc44b8e825285aca976975e563494f8be9e5b1.gif

Sexton to Exum
All up in your rectum.

I couldn't help but notice that if you add an "e" to Exum's name it spells "exume". Which is what the Cavs want to do with his career.
And if you rearrange the letters in Dante Exum, you come up with “End Team Ux”

Pretty creepy. Gotta keep your eye out for this stuff.

I am just stunned by many posters here who think that Tony Jones ( poster ) is real Tony Jones reporter. Maybe I should create an account called Quin Snyder or Denis Lindsey to make fools of them as well.[/QUOTyou'
I am just stunned by many posters here who think that Tony Jones ( poster ) is real Tony Jones reporter. Maybe I should create an account called Quin Snyder or Denis Lindsey to make fools of them as well.
You've already made a UtahJazz32 and DasJazz account on top of this one, so might as well keep the ball rolling, eh?

Great insight. Btw, always thought you were fair on Dante... Even when Locke and others were a bit defensive when confronted with the Exumites :) You kept an open mind. Keep up your good work...

Thank you for the kind words. I will say David is terrific at his job. I have always liked Exum as a player. I still do. He was traded because circumstance changed around him and the jazz simply couldn’t afford to wait on him anymore. I think he will be good in Cleveland

Some Jazz can't let the hate go. Exum is no longer on the team and people still take the time to bash him. I wish Dante the best and hope he can have a productive career and stay healthy. I also think Dante would do better in a less structured offense. It will be interesting to watch his career.

Some Jazz can't let the hate go. Exum is no longer on the team and people still take the time to bash him. I wish Dante the best and hope he can have a productive career and stay healthy. I also think Dante would do better in a less structured offense. It will be interesting to watch his career.

I don't think I've ever seen anything like the Exum craziness in the Jazz fandom before. One group is at the extreme hate point where they refuse to recognize any good moment Dante ever had on the Jazz. Another group is at extreme stan level where Quin was the only thing holding Dante back from being a superstar. It feels like there were very few people in the middle. I had high expectations for Dante early in his career obviously because he was a top 5 pick. With each passing year my expectations lowered. As of now I view him as a prospect that can be multi-positional defender for an NBA team. I think that has value in the league. I think that he still has untapped potential that he has time to unlock. I understood why the Jazz held on to him so long. I also understood why some fans were ready to give up on him before the Jazz were. I am fine with the Jazz trading him now. I wish Dante the best in Cleveland.

Most of all I'm glad the crazy divisiveness over Dante within the fanbase can finally go bye bye lol.

And here l always thought MeloTheJazzKiller was Tony Jones.
He still could be...in fact if that is the real Tony Jones than it makes it even more likely since it shows he lurks here a bit.

I don't, Dante set this team back years with his nonproductive ***. Glad he's gone, he was turning into a cancer on the team.