What's new

David Locke reacts to The Dime Magazine piece

ONE LOVE

#Baby_Talk
Contributor
Finally some common sense comments from the horse's mouth.

If you have not read it:

https://www.nba.com/jazz/features/locked_on_jazz.html

One interesting point to note is that Deron no longer lives in Salt Lake in summer but will spend his summer in a non-NBA city - he currently owns no property in Dallas. (how does Locke know these things??).

It's good to know that the training camp is only 22 days away and we'll finally be able to have actual basketball discussions instead of all this non sense. 22 DAYS!!

Go Jazz!!!

good response from Locke

my only minor quibble is this statement:
The writer is an intern for Dime Magazine. He is looking to make a career and didn’t do his work on the piece. He is probably excited that I am reacting to it.

a little too self-congratulatory or something - it may or may not be true, but to me it sort of undermines the rest of what he has to say

my only minor quibble is this statement:
The writer is an intern for Dime Magazine. He is looking to make a career and didn’t do his work on the piece. He is probably excited that I am reacting to it.

a little too self-congratulatory or something - it may or may not be true, but to me it sort of undermines the rest of what he has to say

More like arrogant. The next time he could be spending his precious, paid time reacting to a mere 'fan', maybe somebody who posts for free on a message board or something.

LOL!

and yeah, thanks jj, arrogant is a better word, more appropriate to this situation I think.

I used to not like locke but he has grown on me over the years. I do find it funny that the writer sees dallas as a major player where all the big free agents want to go. I keep hearing la, florida, chicago, ny as the places all these big players want to go and not dallas. Last time i checked they have not won a ring anytime soon if any in their history. How many coaches have they gone through in the years. Steve nash didn't stay there for some reason and why would dwill. Another thing i found interesting by locke is that dwill is in a non nba city and that tells me he wants to be left alone away from fans. That tells me he wants his family to be safe and left alone. Best part He owns no property in Dallas :D

More like arrogant. The next time he could be spending his precious, paid time reacting to a mere 'fan', maybe somebody who posts for free on a message board or something.

What he is saying is valid. Locke has a legit career any sports fan would be envious of. To lend his opinion on this piece of garbage gives the moron at Dime too much credibility.

I find it a little funny that Locke doesn't know the difference between your & you're
Fakers Luck said:
He also has a tough time with there, their and they're.
Not only can't he spell or select the right word, but his grammar/sentence structure is horrible (written AND spoken). It's hard to believe that he can be successful in a communication industry, but there he is.

I will give him credit for often coming up with good insights, but only partial credit because I think a lot of that insight comes from being close to the team. Many people could come up with that insight if they were in that situation.

I used to not like locke but he has grown on me over the years. I do find it funny that the writer sees dallas as a major player where all the big free agents want to go. I keep hearing la, florida, chicago, ny as the places all these big players want to go and not dallas. Last time i checked they have not won a ring anytime soon if any in their history. How many coaches have they gone through in the years. Steve nash didn't stay there for some reason and why would dwill. Another thing i found interesting by locke is that dwill is in a non nba city and that tells me he wants to be left alone away from fans. That tells me he wants his family to be safe and left alone. Best part He owns no property in Dallas :D

Cant really agree with you here. I think Dallas is a top free agent destination. Problem is Cuban has been at the cap and does not really have the room to sign big time free agents right now. Nash left because Dallas did not want to pay him what Phoenix did. Otherwise he would have stayed. Hope DWill stays, but he intentionally did not sign as long of a term contract as he could so he could keep his options open.

You do realize all of Locke's points are trumped by Dallas bringing Dee Brown into camp, right?

https://espn.go.com/blog/dallasmavericks/post/_/id/4670556/dee-brown-to-go-camping-with-mavs
Tinfoil_Hat_Cat.jpg

That's been mentioned in the Scare Tactics thread. I think it might be part of the conspiracy.

I'm not convinced that Sonny Data Gaines would be a better option than Jumpin' Dee Brown -- even without the Deron connection.