What's new

Game Thread Dec 28, 2020: Jazz at Thunder

Added to Calendar: 12-28-20

Well, an ugly win is better than a loss...but that's about it. What a terrible game. i get the Thunder may not be as pathetic as I thought they were, but man those turnovers were.

This is actually a tough matchup for us. Horford can draw Rudy away from the paint. Dort can make life tough on Mitchell. Hill and Conley are probably a wash. We need Bogey to have a good game. We need our bench to provide the scoring punch.D

What a pretty prophetic analysis.

Crazy start to the season. Clips beat Lakers, Lakers kill Dallas, Dallas destroys Clips. Jazz destroy Blazers, lose to Wolves, Lakers destroy Wolves, lose to Blazers. Which only goes to show that we’re as good as anybody.
When Don and Bogey struggle and we still compete that says a lot. We’ve got so many weapons now, and nobody will convince me that the Lakers roster is better than last year’s rim protection unit with McGee and Howard.
There are four undefeated teams left: Cavs, Magic, Pacers, Hawks. I wonder what kind of odds Vegas would have given on those four teams to be the last teams standing.

Or may be it's just that our players don't have the necessary mindset to play defense.

For the first 3 games, with the exception of Gobert I'm getting creepy Boozer/Okur/D-Will vibes from the rest of the team on defense.

They only play with defensive intensity in spurts and then look to coast at the first opportunity. A lot of ball watching, a lot of sloppy rotations leading to wide open shots. QS needs to shut that down ASAP.

Donovan is struggling but I think it's just a slump and adaptation to new, a bit different role. Physically he looks good.