What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2020 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 12-31-20

Ingles needed to be on minutes restriction for the last two seasons if we wanted him to preserve his legs. But he has been so monumentally important, and that is increasingly evident as he has lost a step or two in the offseason and appears to be no longer capable of shouldering the load he has had to. I think it’s actually a big reason we’re seeing Mitchell get so exposed: he doesn’t consistently have Joe running actual offense and setting him up, or playing off-ball and giving Mitchell a legit release valve Thank god Conley has been so much better so far, even though his size absolutely creates matchup problems for Don.

Save Joe for the playoffs. I want more Oni..I think transition is his strength compared.to everyone except Donovan or JC, he's the best transition player we got.

Both Ingles and Royce need to be bench guys. I would really like to see Morgan get Niang's minutes and if he actually makes a shot then he gets to play some more. I would like to seen Oni and Hughes get some minutes to see if they are ready. My biggest complaint about Quinn is he is started to get set in his rotations like Sloan. It was obvious that Bogey and DM were sucking it up last night so why not put Oni or Hughes in the game to see if perhaps they can do something. All this talk about how our young guys have improved and Oni is our best on ball defender, Morgan is improve etc.. seems to just be just Jazz PR. I thought the purpose of having depth is to be able to replace guys who are not performing.
Not playing some of our more athletic and bigger guards has been a point of my frustration. It seems like we still have the same team as last year except 2 of our offensive stars are sucking it up. Tonight should be interesting because it is back to back so perhaps we will know if Quinn will ever use his young guys or not. If he does not then I have little hope that the Jazz have really improved the team.