What's new

Game Thread Dec 31, 2020 7:00PM MT: Jazz vs. Suns

Added to Calendar: 12-31-20

I expect to see us win this one going away. Conley should be able to match Paul. Mitchell should match Booker. Gobert will house Ayton. Our bench should outmatch their bench. This is a good matchup for us.

Trap game. Especially considering our next opponent, and the festivities everyone is looking forward to.

Trap game. Especially considering our next opponent, and the festivities everyone is looking forward to.
It feels more like the other way around to me. I could see the team making today's game the priority and then resting guys tomorrow - the Clippers are better than Phoenix and it's the 2nd game of the back to back. Play hard tonight and try to bank a win, let the guys have a little fun for new years eve, and then just see how it goes against LA

Jazz are playing a B2B on NYE and NYD. I wonder how they feel about that.
Not sure about the Jazz, but it didn't work very well for me. Won't be able to watch much today, and tomorrow they will be competing with the Sugar Bowl.

Did absolutely nothing last night though, thanks schedule makers.

I’m guessing regulars play tonight and then are load managed against the clips.

Jazz are playing a B2B on NYE and NYD. I wonder how they feel about that.

As someone who for last ten years most of times had to play the opera till 10 pm on NYE and the next day drive 40 miles to another city for a rehearsal at 1pm and a concert afterwards I have zero compassion for them. Also I think this is the year when it's easier to deal with that with all the covid restrictions making real celebrations difficult.

It feels more like the other way around to me. I could see the team making today's game the priority and then resting guys tomorrow - the Clippers are better than Phoenix and it's the 2nd game of the back to back. Play hard tonight and try to bank a win, let the guys have a little fun for new years eve, and then just see how it goes against LA
That's what makes it a trap game. Tonight's team perceived as being the easier team, distractions of the upcoming holiday. Putting more thought into the "tougher"opponent tomorrow. So more likely to lose to a worse team today than a better team tomorrow. A trap game is a game we should easily win but the team just doesn't get up to play them the way they should because they might be focused on other things or on a tougher opponent later. Losing a game to a tough opponent you had a decent shot of losing to in the first place, especially on the 2nd night of a back to back, isn't a trap game, it's a schedule loss.

We have 17 guys on the roster. Time for Quin to use them the next two days. See if we have any keepers deep on the pine or if we have a bunch of Oliver Hanlans there.

Suns are not going to be an easy game . Last game they destroyed Pelicans, CP3 was playing great and they looked much better than in

They are solid. We need at least 2/3 of the Conley, DM, Bojan to have good games... if Joe or JC has a monster game they could cover for them a bit.

It's a trap game, folks. If the Jazz don't come out focused, we're looking at a 2-game losing streak here.

Yep PHX has only lost 1 game and are technically #2 in the West and LAC also have only 1 loss (destroyed by DAL) and are technically the #1 seed in the West.

So expecting a very tough game tonight and need to only focus on that and not the tough stretch coming up.