What's new

Deron doesn't sound too worried

He also made a comment about he doesn't expect the FO to do much, since that's how they've been as long as he's been here.

He's playing it cool, but he's frustrated.

Why would he worry? He has a hot wife/girlfriend and makes millions of dollars. If the Jazz do nothing he will have a good reason to leave and few people will blame him.

I think Deron took a bit of heat for the way he spoke out when we dumped Brewer. His initial reaction was an emotional one, and had he given it some time to process... thought it through, he may have reacted differently. So, this time around, I think he's trying to play it cool and see how things play out. That said, there is NO WAY that he's happy right now... LOL Losing Boozer (without having aquired a big, in the draft or otherwise), losing Korver (a friend on and off the court... and a player who would have taken less money to stay in Utah), and NOW, the very reason the Jazz FO didn't seem to care about keeping Korver... having Matthews back... well, enough said.

You can bet Gregg and KOC will talk to Deron about the Matthews situation. Doesn't necessarily mean they do what he wants, but they'll get his input.

You can bet Gregg and KOC will talk to Deron about the Matthews situation. Doesn't necessarily mean they do what he wants, but they'll get his input.
That's what I hope. And tell him that in Year 2, Matthews is getting paid 50% more than the #1 pick in his draft class.

Deron went through the process. I'm sure he's happy for Wesley, but there's probably some jealousy there - or at the very least, understanding of the position the Jazz are in. Deron was arguably an all-star in his 2nd year (he put up those kind of numbers). And what diod he earn...around $3.5M maybe?

KOC traded Ronnie B. because negotiations were a mile apart with his agent 1 1/2 years ago. There was no way he was going to match, well, a "Matthews-like" offer for Ronnie. Now, after the injury, Brewer is just trying to rebuild his career. I'm guessing we can get sign him for a couple of years, with maybe an option for the 3rd. If Brewer proves his worth, then he becomes a FA in 3 years and gets a nice contract. If he's hobbled by the injury, he serves as a 10-15 min. backup.

Meanwhile we have AK's contract and the TPE's to shop for a starting wing or great 6th man. And we can take our time if we at least have a couple of decent backups in place (Brewer and Hayward).

Has anyone given much thought to Brewer's injury? He never saw much playing time as he tried to come back from it... just wondering....