What's new

Deron williams mentioned in suits

Ah, now I understand. When I heard "suits" I just wasn't sure what we were talking about.

zoot2.jpg

mormon-missionaries-reading-scriptures.jpg

cute_one_piece_bathing_suits_1.jpg

This is not jazz related at all. Suits is a well scripted show about practicing law in the great city of New York. Of course, the majority of the American public would not be interested in such a show due to their ignorance. Check it out and if you cannot comprehend advanced law jargon, you might just want to stick with Sportscenter.

Now behind the logic of why Dwill is mentioned. #1: Accept the fact that this is not about the Jazz, but about the Brooklyn Nets. Hence, Harvey Specter visiting the Barclays law office in Brooklyn. #2: Notice how they mention speaking with Mark Cuban. This is because before the 2012-13 season, Dwill was entering the last year of his contract. He was deciding between his hometown Dallas or resigning with the Nets. Specter bluffs that Cuban would pay 3x times as much to sign Dwill. This is a clever move on the script because Dwill was very close on signing with the Mavs, but Cuban botched this effort by missing his meeting with Deron to tape an episode of Shark Tank. "The Nets cave" and as a good NYC lawyer should do wins 3 times the salary for his prospect, while keeping an integral piece to the build up of a championship squad. (I'm sure the Jazz regret dealing Deron, as Favors did not pan out last season and they barely missed the playoffs to an aging Laker squad)

With Deron Williams locked to a long term deal with the Nets instead of the Mavericks, Prokorov is able to attract Garnett, Pierce, the jazz's own Kirlenko, Terry and etc. This makes the Nets a very scary team, while the Jazz inflict themselves with the stress of years of "rebuilding mode" spotlighting a very soft Favors and Gordon Hayward. What a difference one Utah Jazz Prima dona can make (ex: attracting fellow ex-Jazz Kirilenko away from a number of relevant teams for a fraction of the contract cost). Prokhorov is a billionaire who is all-in with 180$ million (18% of his salary, not even an all-in). What is losing 180$ million (18%) for a chance to win a championship to a Russian billionaire? The answer is just another excuse to get married if he loses it. Millers can not only afford to trade shots, but can seemingly only afford to sign summer star Ian Clark. That's right, who that?

Last edited:
This is not jazz related at all. Suits is a well scripted show about law in the great city of New York. Of course, the majority of the American public would not be interested in such a show due to their ignorance. Check it out and if you cannot comprehend advanced law verbatim, you might just want to stick with Sportscenter.

Now behind the logic of why Dwill is mentioned in the show. #1: Accept the fact that this is not about the jazz, but about the Brooklyn Nets. Hence, Harvey Specter visiting the Barclays law office in Brooklyn. #2: Notice how they mention speaking with Mark Cuban. This is because before the 2012-13 season, Dwill was entering the last year of his contract. He was deciding between his hometown Dallas Mavericks or resigning with the Brooklyn Nets. Specter bluffs that Cuban would pay 3x times as much to sign Dwill. This is a clever move on the script of the show because Dwill was very close on signing with the Mavs, but Cuban botched this effort (in real life) by instead missing his meeting with the 3x all star to tape an episode of Shark Tank (a reality show scripted for another dumb American audience). "The Nets cave" and as a good NYC lawyer should do wins 3 times the salary for his prospect and keeps an important piece to start the building up of a championship squad.

With Deron Williams locked to a long term deal with the Nets instead of the Mavericks, Prokorov is able to attract Garnett, Pierce, the jazz's own Kirlenko, Terry and etc... making the Nets a relevant and scary team, while the Jazz bank on rebuilding with a very soft Favors and Gordon Howard. What a difference one Utah Jazz Prima dona can make.
Actually, what a difference an extra $100M+ dollars makes. Counting tax penalties, Prokhorov is going to spend $180M this year. Were the Jazz to spend up to the luxury tax. their payroll would come in at just under $72M, Millers just can't afford to trade shots with a Russian billionaire.

Lol this is awesome.

If we don't get the #1 pick this year we should just convince Wiggins to get drafted by us cuz we'll pay him 3 times more than anyone else.

dat jazzfanz.com mobile app doe

This is not jazz related at all. Suits is a well scripted show about law in the great city of New York. Of course, the majority of the American public would not be interested in such a show due to their ignorance. Check it out and if you cannot comprehend advanced law verbatim, you might just want to stick with Sportscenter.

Now behind the logic of why Dwill is mentioned in the show. #1: Accept the fact that this is not about the jazz, but about the Brooklyn Nets. Hence, Harvey Specter visiting the Barclays law office in Brooklyn. #2: Notice how they mention speaking with Mark Cuban. This is because before the 2012-13 season, Dwill was entering the last year of his contract. He was deciding between his hometown Dallas Mavericks or resigning with the Brooklyn Nets. Specter bluffs that Cuban would pay 3x times as much to sign Dwill. This is a clever move on the script of the show because Dwill was very close on signing with the Mavs, but Cuban botched this effort (in real life) by instead missing his meeting with the 3x all star to tape an episode of Shark Tank (a reality show scripted for another dumb American audience). "The Nets cave" and as a good NYC lawyer should do wins 3 times the salary for his prospect and keeps an important piece to start the building up of a championship squad.

With Deron Williams locked to a long term deal with the Nets instead of the Mavericks, Prokorov is able to attract Garnett, Pierce, the jazz's own Kirlenko, Terry and etc... making the Nets a relevant and scary team, while the Jazz bank on rebuilding with a very soft Favors and Gordon Howard. What a difference one Utah Jazz Prima dona can make.

Comprehend tax law verbatim? Hell I can't even understand that sentence verbatim.

P.S. I don't think verbatim means what you think it means, not verbatim anyway.

Comprehend tax law verbatim? Hell I can't even understand that sentence verbatim.

P.S. I don't think verbatim means what you think it means, not verbatim anyway.

I stand corrected I meant to use jargon. It's a scripted show about the law where the writers pump out law jargon word after word. Words such as affidavit, deposition, tort, certiorari and an endless number of law terminology are thrown around for viewers who are interested in what happens before/after a case is taken into court.

I sure as hell didn't make the account to boast about the Jazz's young roster and their probable dismissal from the playoffs for yet another year. I did it because I was confused as to why this thread even existed in the first place. How is Deron Williams being mentioned in suits in the year 2013 even linked to the Jazz? I doubt people from Utah even watch a show based in NYC, let alone it featuring their ex-point guard who actually brought this team to the Western Conference Finals. So I thought I'd do Utah a solid and explain why they are so confused. Nonetheless, I respect the fans of Utah. It's not easy rooting for a team with a young Gordon Hayward stealing the headlines nowadays. Hopefully Derrick Favors will evolve into a mad man beast, but relevance in the NBA (especially in the West) may just be a dream worth the long wait. Good news is without leading scorers Al Jefferson and Paul Milsap in the way, the 2013-2014 Utah Jazz are in the race for youngest team in the NBA/#1 overall lottery pick.

Last edited:
I stand corrected I meant to use jargon. It's a scripted show about the law where the writers pump out law jargon word after word. Words such as affidavit, deposition, tort, certiorari and an endless number of law terminology are thrown around for viewers who are interested in what happens before/after a case is taken into court.

I sure as hell didn't make the account to boast about the Jazz's young roster and their probable dismissal from the playoffs for yet another year. I did it because I was confused as to why this thread even existed in the first place. How is Deron Williams being mentioned in suits in the year 2013 even linked to the Jazz? I doubt people from Utah even watch a show based in NYC, let alone it featuring their ex-point guard who actually brought this team to the Western Conference Finals . So I thought I'd do Utah a solid and explain why they are so confused. Nonetheless, I respect the fans of Utah. It's not easy rooting for a team with a young Gordon Hayward stealing the headlines nowadays. Hopefully Derrick Favors will evolve into a mad man beast, but relevance in the NBA (especially in the West) may just be a dream worth the long wait.

People in Utah don't watch a show based in NYC? Uhm, people in Utah probably watch almost all the same shows that people all across the rest of the nation watch. 90% of network shows are based in LA and NYC it seems. We're pretty used to watching shows based in cities on the coasts.

The way you talk about Utah I bet you're surprised we have internet here.

How the hell did you come across that post and this site?

The things dwillcubprohk is tryin to troll with are the exact things that have jazzfanz so excited this year lol.

@Dwillprokrovguy since it seems like you wrote this episode why didn't you atleast base it on something that could actually happen?

gameface

Who watches Suits? I'm curious about the type of person who watches Suits.

Gameface, I am responding more to this guy. Sorry, I've never been to Utah but the majority of these posts seemed to be written by people from Utah who would never consider watching a show like Suits. I came across this post because I googled "Deron Williams suits" to see if he would appear in a later new episode. The real question is why are people from the Utah Jazz forum even talking about Deron Williams in suits, and not about the possibility the Jazz are purposely tanking for next season. I say subject change and in Jimmer Fredette, U, Tahrust.

The things dwillcubprohk is tryin to troll with are the exact things that have jazzfanz so excited this year lol.

@Dwillprokrovguy since it seems like you wrote this episode why didn't you atleast base it on something that could actually happen?

spellcorrect * depressed? I honestly was rooting for the Jazz, because I knew the Lakers with all their problems (with Nash, Howard and Bryant chemistry/injuries) would not be exciting to watch. Now their best players are gone so "jazzfanz" should be depressed, not excited.

Last edited:
spellcorrect * depressed? I honestly was rooting for the Jazz because I knew the Lakers with all their problems with Nash, Howard and Bryant chemistry/injuries would not be exciting to watch. But now their best players are gone so probably not excitement.

Dunno Wtf you just said

On a scale of 1-10 how foreign is dwillcubonporkoff?

English def not first language.

u dunno? jazzfanz are not excited, more depressed unless u think missing the playoffs again is exciting

[maybe UGLI baby can understand this better]

Last edited:
Says the guy who has lol and wtf on the top of his vocab list... By the way or btw for you, you are spelling you incorrectly also def. You are in no place to comment about the English language ever again in your life.

Says the guy who has lol and wtf on the top of his vocab list... By the way or btw for you, you are spelling you incorrectly also def. You are in no place to comment about the English language ever again in your life.

Set the bottle down and say that again please.