What's new

Deron Williams speaks out about Utah's off-season

I agree. I'm fine with Boozer and Sally walking, and I definitely didn't want to over pay for Matthews. A la Shandon Anderson, he will fade into oblivion on another team that doesn't run the Jazz's offense.

I like Deron!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1119121-000000001087039_riveting_tale_chap_super_super.jpg

The Jazz really need to start stepping up to the plate and getting some solid moves locked down. Even if that means we have a plan for next off-season, let's get it in motion now and make sure we don't whiff once it becomes time like NJ or NY this season.

I predict Utah will sit on their hands until they absolutely have to make a drastic move to keep Deron around.

This supports my thought that Deron really didnt like Boozer and is probably glad he is gone.

https://www.abc4.com/content/news/s...-Utahs-off-season/gsEz3rZN4kusiJY12MtsKw.cspx

Note: There's a video there ya can click on

Gotta say that Deron acts, looks, and talks like he's far from unhappy or panicking, unlike some around here, eh?

Gotta love this joke "Well it hasn't been a busy week for us". I laughed too. All we did is lost 2 good players, probably another one in Wes, did not capitalize on any opportunities (i.e. Beasley, Jefferson), and sat on our asses basically and watched free agency go by. Funny indeed. Deron did say he is expecting us to get some players, so let's see what we can do about that. Gotta have some hope - and laugh it off with Deron.

D-Will knew that this would happen once boozer's contract ran out, it wasn't realistic to think we could keep both him and millsap

Gotta love this joke "Well it hasn't been a busy week for us". I laughed too. All we did is lost 2 good players, probably another one in Wes, did not capitalize on any opportunities (i.e. Beasley, Jefferson), and sat on our asses basically and watched free agency go by. Funny indeed. Deron did say he is expecting us to get some players, so let's see what we can do about that. Gotta have some hope - and laugh it off with Deron.

I saw an extended video of the same interview, and Deron kind of indirectly slammed the front office. He said something to the effect of, "I don't know what to expect from us for the rest of the summer, we don't usually do anything." The other thing I saw is that he really wants to get Ronnie Brewer back.

I saw an extended video of the same interview, and Deron kind of indirectly slammed the front office. He said something to the effect of, "I don't know what to expect from us for the rest of the summer, we don't usually do anything." The other thing I saw is that he really wants to get Ronnie Brewer back.

Where is that video?

Where is that video?

"While the Jazz have been fairly quiet on the free agent front, it is rumored that Ronnie Brewer could be making his way back to Utah which is something Deron Williams would like to see.

"Yeah, I've heard and that would be great," Williams added. "He was great for us for three years. Just improve the team that's all you can ask for, really."

The written part on the same page includes more of the interview than does the video portion.

Edit: He seems to be happy with Honzward, too. Here's some more, which I normally would have simply included with the initial post, except I don't want to irritate people with long-*** quotes 3 miles long and 1/4" wide, ya know?:

"Maybe that's where first round pick Gordon Hayward steps in?

"I think he'll be pretty solid in our offense because of how smart he is and how he comes off screens," Williams said. "he's got a lot of size."

I saw his comments just now on KSL. He gave the standard answer for most stuff except when he said:

"We don't do much" or something close to that. When asked about all the movement.

I don't think you need to see the rest of the interview to understand what "well it hasn't been a busy week for us" means - after we just lost 2 guys and did nothing to match or replace them. Perhaps it was not obvious to KOC's brother in law Hopper, but pretty much clear to anyone else that Deron is not exactly thrilled. I mean how can anyone, but Hopper, be - after losing talent like that and doing nothing about it? Well, except now likely losing Wes too.

As far as bringing back Brew, looks like we don't have many other options now do we?

Chad, I love the sig, but it makes my computer freeze up - darn wireless. The creepy yet comforting ewok was a little smoother. Just sayin.

Also, I was trying to think of the last time we had ex-jazz players out there playing against us in games. Fisher doesn't count, gira doesn't count. Guys we really cared about and hated watching them destroy the Jazz. Was it Raja Bell? Anyway, that will be the toughest part of next season - watching Korver, Matthews and even Carlos play against the Jazz.