What's new

Deron's Parting Interview

Everyone just needs to put there big girl panties on and understand Dwill wanted out. Dont feel sorry for him. I just resigned recently from a position and believe me I sold my story how sad it was to leave and was rewarded with overflowing pockets. I am sure most of you can relate to a similiar situation.

I can't fake tears and I can't recall when I deliberately milked someone with sympathy for money, so, no I don't.

But thanks for the insight on your integrity.

Everyone just needs to put their big girl panties on and understand Dwill wanted out. Dont feel sorry for him. I just resigned recently from a position and believe me I sold my story how sad it was to leave and was rewarded with overflowing pockets. I am sure most of you can relate to a similiar situation.

I can't. I'm not that disingenuous.

I take it most of you work at Mcdonalds and have never negotiated serious money. Also I was sad to leave, so nothing disingenuous.

Did I say I cried? Sucks to be you, never knew what it felt like to be last. Care to fill me in?

Slow down there, hot stuff. Did you not see the water in Deron's eyes?

But thanks for the insight, again. You're cold and disingenuous, therefore everyone else is or should be. Right on.

Slow down there, hot stuff. Did you not see the water in Deron's eyes?

But thanks for the insight, again. You're cold and dishonest, therefore everyone else is or should. Right on.

Thanks for telling me how I am. Funny as hell. Like I said get over yourself.

I take it most of you work at Mcdonalds and have never negotiated serious money. Also I was sad to leave, so nothing disingenuous.

Did you really just say that? Ha ha! People pay you serious money to act like you love them? Ha ha!

Ah...you edited in the second part...

Wow. Just when I thought I was over Deron. Sucks to not have him here. He sure doesn't look or sound like someone who wanted out. I wonder if the Jazz ever considered sitting down with him and asking him flat out whether or not he wanted to be here and to stay here. From what Boler and Locke said, it seems he was going to leave, but were the Jazz sure or were they just scared?

One LAST thing:

Dearest Box,
I didn't sign my neg rep because I commented my neg rep with precisely what I responded to your post with and at the same time. I didn't think you'd be so dense as to think that that was my cunning plan to remain anonymous on the matter.

Get over yourself,
-Numbskullica

Wow. Just when I thought I was over Deron. Sucks to not have him here. He sure doesn't look or sound like someone who wanted out. I wonder if the Jazz ever considered sitting down with him and asking him flat out whether or not he wanted to be here and to stay here. From what Boler and Locke said, it seems he was going to leave, but were the Jazz sure or were they just scared?

There's no way you can be sure, and no way you'd ever get a meeting put together with Deron like that and have him be honest about it. They took the safe route.. this organization can't afford to do anything else.

One LAST thing:

Dearest Box,
I didn't sign my neg rep because I commented my neg rep with precisely what I responded to your post with and at the same time. I didn't think you'd be so dense as to think that that was my cunning plan to remain anonymous on the matter.

Get over yourself,
-Numbskullica

Well I am dense.

Ya know, even if he is broken up about it, he controlled his own destiny more than he likes to let on. He could have taken the Durant way and said "yeah, this is my team, I want to get it done, and I'm not going to be just like everyone else". I think the Jazz were right in the sense that Deron was behaving the same way most other superstar players have recently where they'll go buddy up with whoever and/or take the most money that's available at a place that's not Utah.

If he really wanted to be here then there are ways he can express it. Criticizing the team's personnel decisions, criticizing the plays they run, acting all pissy about basically everything, and saying stuff like he's not going to comment on his free agency are all ways to drive down the front office's confidence in that player, so I think they did the right thing by getting out early before he walks to another all-star team when his contract is up. And if it hit him like a ton of bricks, you can't say he didn't deserve at least a little bit of it.

He didn't think the Jazz FO would have the balls to trade him to the Nets....and gut the Nets while they're at it. Bang. He's rebuilding from the bottom.

Is Deron really sad to be leaving the Jazz, or is he sad that he's going to New Jersey? I honestly think it's the latter. He's sad that he has to play out his current contract without a prayer of making the playoffs. NJ is going to be no better than a 25-win team for the next couple of years. That's 57 losses per year, no matter how well D.Will plays.