What's new

Derrick Favors tweets: "Never Forget"

Favors is gone next year. We did everything possible to feature Hayward last couple of years at the expense of Favors. We ****ed him up real well. We made him play injured so we can convince Hayward this team can win. Favors won't be sticking around. If there is a player who got screwed up by the Jazz FO and coaching/medical staff it was Favors. I cannot blame him for wanting to leave next year.

The Jazz didn't make Favors play. He chose to because he knew he had too for the Jazz to win. He wasn't playing for his next contract. Proves to me that he has more character than the fan base has given him. When Favors signed is contract, it was below the market value to help keep the core together.

I wonder if it's just that #20 didn't forget that the Jazz didn't willingly extend him and made him go out on the market to determine his worth?

You never know what goes on behind closed doors. Hayward camp may have denied any attempts at an extension back then. He may have been playing through this last contract just specifically for this moment, to leave when his stock is highest. No way to ever know that.

Either way it all sucks. Unless DL pulls a unicorn out of his *** then in all likelihood this puts us at least 3 years behind the curve and may waste most of our franchise player's best years.

**** you Hayward. I hope you break a leg, literally.

The Jazz didn't make Favors play. He chose to because he knew he had too for the Jazz to win. He wasn't playing for his next contract. Proves to me that he has more character than the fan base has given him. When Favors signed is contract, it was below the market value to help keep the core together.

Absolutely can agree with that. Favors has always been a favorite of mine and he gave it his all last year, even though he played on one leg for the whole season.

The never forget is a reminder of hey guys remember that I was loyal to you and you guys have put me in the grave and written me off when I loved utah and the organization.

Favors is gone next year. We did everything possible to feature Hayward last couple of years at the expense of Favors. We ****ed him up real well. We made him play injured so we can convince Hayward this team can win. Favors won't be sticking around. If there is a player who got screwed up by the Jazz FO and coaching/medical staff it was Favors. I cannot blame him for wanting to leave next year.

He may well be gone but he was not snubbed. There were several years where the debate was around whether he or GH would be the first all-star. Favors got lots of love and lots of opportunities. Then he got in the revolving door of injuries and Gobert showed up. Even implying he got screwed is off base. He may blame the Jazz, as perhaps GH did, but what has happened with Favs happens on every team every year and is the normal course of things. Not screwed in any way.

Here I thought our locker room was one of the Utah strengths. Then I see that the relationships with Gordon Coward and teammates were evidently not close enough to have a bind to the team. Then these cryptic tweets make me wonder what Favors is thinking.

Locke always hinted that the locker room culture wasn't great. I think this confirms it was probably really bad.

He may well be gone but he was not snubbed. There were several years where the debate was around whether he or GH would be the first all-star. Favors got lots of love and lots of opportunities. Then he got in the revolving door of injuries and Gobert showed up. Even implying he got screwed is off base. He may blame the Jazz, as perhaps GH did, but what has happened with Favs happens on every team every year and is the normal course of things. Not screwed in any way.

Who's the last player to have played a full season injured? Like... visibly and documented injured? Admitted by all of the player, the coaching staff and the front office? They should have shut him down for 2-3-4 months, however much time he needed to get healthy. But no, we didn't let him get healthy. We tried to manage his injury while putting him in games and played him as much as possible because all our other PFs sucked.

Yes, "never forget" how ****ty the fans treated you when you were down. You just described why he would not feel loyalty because the fans never showed it.

That's my biggest gripe with fans. So many people here have talked **** about Hayward and his game, but want to act like he owes them undying loyalty. You want that kind of loyalty then show it.

I've talked **** on Favors. I don't expect him to be head over heals about staying in Utah.

Been here awhile...Hayward was bashed and called out every year by this fan base AND using him as the example we've seen Favors,Burks,Hood and especially Exum get ripped over and over ,similar to Hayward.
But it was injuries ,not lack of talent that derailed Utah's plans.Plus deviating away from draft and development to appease Hayward has backfired.Meaning trading a lottery pick for a one year rental in GHill.Signing older vets and mothballing a year of development on the young players to appease Hayward.
This summer should be about getting the players(Favors,Burks,Hood and Exum) in top PHYSICAL condition,their talent is apparent already.The Jazz derailment was health related.
They are healthy ,the Jazz will still be a formidable team built on length and speed.Then let them run with Rubio and Exum pushing the offense.Snyders walk the ball up the court offense needs to be enhanced with high altitude running attack.

Locke always hinted that the locker room culture wasn't great. I think this confirms it was probably really bad.

Source? I follow Locke on twitter and listen to Locked on Jazz frequently and I have never heard him imply this.

Been here awhile...Hayward was bashed and called out every year by this fan base AND using him as the example we've seen Favors,Burks,Hood and especially Exum get ripped over and over ,similar to Hayward.
But it was injuries ,not lack of talent that derailed Utah's plans.Plus deviating away from draft and development to appease Hayward has backfired.Meaning trading a lottery pick for a one year rental in GHill.Signing older vets and mothballing a year of development on the young players to appease Hayward.
This summer should be about getting the players(Favors,Burks,Hood and Exum) in top PHYSICAL condition,their talent is apparent already.The Jazz derailment was health related.
They are healthy ,the Jazz will still be a formidable team built on length and speed.Then let them run with Rubio and Exum pushing the offense.Snyders walk the ball up the court offense needs to be enhanced with high altitude running attack.

This is a disingenuous argument. There are also many fans that defending them and cheered for them unwaveringly. You will always find people in a fanbase that publicly don't support individual players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B65TKP5dUow&feature=share

Lots of assists in this short video (I'm thinking about 15 or so). Watch a Hayward season highlight video and you see less assist to scoring ratio amount in his highlights.

Some left hand finishes. Some and ones.
Last season he struggled but he also was probably the best rebounding version of him we have seen. He has become a pretty good catch and shoot 3 point shooter.

I'm excited to see him healthy this year. It's been a long time.

The never forget is a reminder of hey guys remember that I was loyal to you and you guys have put me in the grave and written me off when I loved utah and the organization.

Can you blame us? His injuries have been non-stop with no end in site. What was his back injury again? If I were in his shoes I would express my regret to the fans and remind them that I am trying my hardest and doing all of the right things to be healthy and make up for it; not put out vague tweets that might be misinterpreted.

Who's the last player to have played a full season injured? Like... visibly and documented injured? Admitted by all of the player, the coaching staff and the front office? They should have shut him down for 2-3-4 months, however much time he needed to get healthy. But no, we didn't let him get healthy. We tried to manage his injury while putting him in games and played him as much as possible because all our other PFs sucked.

Had to win as much as possible so Haywood wouldn't leave. ****

No way. I think a lot of the stuff was probably just unsaid passive aggressive stuff. Or certain people weren't that tight.

Hayward and Gobert obviously weren't enemies, but maybe a lack of a relationship hurt our chances of hay staying.

I don't read every post on this board but this is the first time I have read any comment that the Jazz in any way tried to force anyone to play before they and the docs said they were ready. In fact, there were dozens if not hundreds of posts last year that we let people sit out too long (which I disagree with), including Favors. So we can agree to disagree. I don't believe in any way Favs was pressured or even encouraged to play before he said he wanted to and the docs said OK. This feels like someone making stuff up.

Now, is this because we tried to trade him or because of Hayward? Answer me Fave.