What's new

Dish dvr

buzaggie1

This may have already been asked and I apologize if so. I did a search but didn't find anything. Almost every game now, the HD Dish channel broadcasting the Jazz game is listed with JIP (I assume this is joined in progress). I can rarely make the beginning of the game and am now missing usually the entire first quarter because of stupid Dish. Are there any other Dish customers out there seeing the same thing? It's starting to become more than just a small inconvenience. Please tell me I'm doing something stupid? Thanks!

Sometimes I have to search through the channels on mine. Also once or twice the game has come on the normal channel and didn't show up on HD until into the first quarter. It has been annoying, but I have never missed a second of a game.

Yes the HD feed on Dish is joining late. I start watching the regular version and then join the HD feed when it is broadcast. I have no idea why they are doing this but it's annoying as all hell.

I own a small side company that installs HT's and such. ANyway, in my experience, Dish Network is complete and utter garbage.

As someone who works in that industry I can tell you that the only thing really keeping Dish in business is their large edge on everyone else in terms of international programming. What other providers are there in Utah? Comcast, Directtv...do you guys have Verizon Fios or AT&T Uverse out there?

I own a small side company that installs HT's and such. ANyway, in my experience, Dish Network is complete and utter garbage.

I agree with this and I have Dish. I changed from DirectTv because they would not give us the new customer upgrades and that is utter BS. We were with them for 10 years and they treat us like we are crap because of it.

I would have a set of rabbit ears before I ever give Comcast a penny of my money. At least directly.

I can watch almost all the jazz games on dish. Have to figure what 44ortysomething station they are on or even in the 450ish channels too. Don't get other games but get Jazz as dish will go to kjzz or foxsports utah. I live in Southern Idaho and they do that. Get direct or Dish were I live. However I did watch the Clippers game that went in double overtime and was not able to see all of the second overtime as it kicked off. Must have computer to do that.

I used to get Teton Wireless Television which had ksl for news and byu sports and lds programming. However occasionally Teton would have it programmed to go at certian times so missed end of byu game. BYU will not play on ksl again in forseeable future so I don't miss having it. Will get to see all the BYU games next year and beyond.

I can watch almost all the jazz games on dish. Have to figure what 44ortysomething station they are on or even in the 450ish channels too. Don't get other games but get Jazz as dish will go to kjzz or foxsports utah. I live in Southern Idaho and they do that. Get direct or Dish were I live. However I did watch the Clippers game that went in double overtime and was not able to see all of the second overtime as it kicked off. Must have computer to do that.

I used to get Teton Wireless Television which had ksl for news and byu sports and lds programming. However occasionally Teton would have it programmed to go at certian times so missed end of byu game. BYU will not play on ksl again in forseeable future so I don't miss having it. Will get to see all the BYU games next year and beyond.

I can see all of the games. But the 1st quarter or so is never in HD because they don't broadcast it that way until later in the game.

It's BS.

As someone who works in that industry I can tell you that the only thing really keeping Dish in business is their large edge on everyone else in terms of international programming. What other providers are there in Utah? Comcast, Directtv...do you guys have Verizon Fios or AT&T Uverse out there?

This is true. International programming on Dish Network is great. SO if you like Al Jazeera, you know where to go. Real men use Directv.

I agree with this and I have Dish. I changed from DirectTv because they would not give us the new customer upgrades and that is utter BS. We were with them for 10 years and they treat us like we are crap because of it.

Flip Dish and Direct, and this is my story almost exactly.

Also, in regards to quality, even though all providers have compressed HD when broadcasting, in my experience, the best picture I've seen has been via Directv.

Not Dish
Not Cable (Any provider)
Not Fios

I am having the same problem...so, I called Dish Network to complain. It took a while for the idiot on the phone to understand what I was talking about. Then she finally told me that it was because FSN decided to do not broadcast in HD and that Dish Network has nothing to do with it (I call BS!). So, then I tried calling FSN to complain and they told me I needed to take it up with Dish Network. TOTAL BS!!!!!!!!!!!!