What's new

DL and Zanik Post Season Interview

LoPo

Deseret News Article

“I’m limited on what I can say in regards to extensions and renegotiations per NBA rules. With that said, we’re extremely pleased at who both of those players are as people,” Lindsey said. “It’s really, really hard to get core franchise-level talent in any market, big or small, but it’s exponentially hard to get that level of talent that has a high level of character and competitiveness. As I’ve mentioned before, we’re working to add players of Rudy and Donovan’s physical talent and competitive makeup and so by definition we’re going to want to keep those type of players moving forward.”

There seemed to be an emphasis on Rudy and Don, but there wasn't much discussed about Conley.

Both Lindsey and Zanik added that they would be exhausting all options to try to improve the team during the course of the offseason, including through the draft, free agency, trade opportunities and with internal development, but noted that the unique circumstances that the league is dealing with make planning a little difficult without definitive knowledge of when key dates through the offseason will occur and what the salary cap for next season looks like.

We need 2-3 wing pieces at least to help us recover defensively. Sign Shaq Harrison then draft a guy like tyler bey. buy a second round pick then take someone like paul reed. This year is loaded with 6'7ish wing prospects so we gotta take advantage

With all the uncertainty in the world of NBA finances along with the pending extensions of Rudy and Don, I think our FO has to think about either A - trading Conley or B not re-signing Clarkson. With our needs on defense, I don't see how we could rationalize keeping both going into next year.

So anyone who is an active and athletic defender with defensive integrity, and doesn’t sacrifice offensive spacing, will be someone of interest to us.

Gonna be a tough find... I bet we will end up sacrificing shooting for defense since we already have Bogey/Ingles/Donovan/Conley who can all shoot. I like Kris Dunn, and I haven't completely given up on Frank Ntilikina to be an impactful player. Frank isn't a free agent though.

Gonna be a tough find... I bet we will end up sacrificing shooting for defense since we already have Bogey/Ingles/Donovan/Conley who can all shoot. I like Kris Dunn, and I haven't completely given up on Frank Ntilikina to be an impactful player. Frank isn't a free agent though.
He will announce that they added Oni and Brantley... who didn't play last year... so they are basically free agent additions.

Trade Davis and Bradley with a couple seconds in a S&T for Favs @ 3/30ish
Use Mid-Level on Kris Dunn
Draft at #23
Re-Sign Clarkson for 3/30ish
Drop Wright Foreman and Offer Brantley a deal
Keep around Niang, Morgan, and Oni as deep bench.
If Conley pulls a Rubio again trade him to the highest bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app

Last edited:
Trade Davis and Bradley with a couple firsts in a S&T for Favs @ 3/30ish
Use Mid-Level on Kris Dunn
Draft at #23
Re-Sign Clarkson for 3/30ish
Drop Wright Foreman and Offer Brantley a deal
Keep around Niang, Morgan, and Oni as deep bench.
If Conley pulls a Rubio again trade him to the highest bidder.

Sent from my iPhone using JazzFanz mobile app
You want to sell two firsts for Favors?

DL is a cowardly Vice president with no balls. Builds up our fanbase on empty promises and strike outs with the likes of Conley, Davis and Green. Zanik is just as bad. I hope Gayle threatens them to trade Conley and make up for their **** idea of trading 3/4 of our team for him. The well is running dry, they screwed up bad with the Rubio situation and gave away Crowder and Grayson and let's not mention the draft picks. It's either Conley goes or DL gets fired he has overstayed his time here.

We need 2-3 wing pieces at least to help us recover defensively. Sign Shaq Harrison then draft a guy like tyler bey. buy a second round pick then take someone like paul reed. This year is loaded with 6'7ish wing prospects so we gotta take advantage

Tyler Bey and Paul Reed are not wings

When can we start hearing about how Favors has been working on his corner three? Actually, I would welcome his defense. The comment that Conley’s offense gives up too much in weak defense was the season in a nutshell. The defensive identity from teams in years past was sadly missing last year.

If it means that they will actually start playing that's already something though..
This. I think Quin failed us a bit not trying these guys. TB and Niang were going to struggle the later we got into the playoffs. Niang had a couple good moments but neither really have the potential to be 16 game players. Brantley, Oni, and Morgan might not be it either, but they have a chance.

As I looked at where did we go wrong here... we were dead last in deflections and loose balls recovered this year... we needed guys that do the "other stuff" so badly. The lack of deflections and blocks just shows how little real pressure we put on perimeter players. It makes sense that we allowed multiple guards to go the **** off on us during the season and the playoffs.

We need at least a couple "hustle" guys to come off the bench.