What's new

Do the Jazz Churn the Waiver Wire?

homeytennis

Cut down day is almost upon us. The question is do the Jazz cull through waived players to find a potential JIngles among other team's garbage? I say they will not.

Cut down day is almost upon us. The question is do the Jazz cull through waived players to find a potential JIngles among other team's garbage? I say they will not.
They will churn... under the previous regime I would say no... DA loves activity.

Possibly, but who'd they cut? Jazz are pretty deep and it isn't like a perfect vet PG is going to drop into their laps on the waiver wire.

Possibly, but who'd they cut? Jazz are pretty deep and it isn't like a perfect vet PG is going to drop into their laps on the waiver wire.
churn to find gold. I would guess Tech or Luka get a pink slip, but maybe waivers don't end up producing someone we like and they wait. Luka has a guarantee date of opening night and he gets another $600k... something to watch. There may not be anything juicy out there and they may just wait and make a move when/if something happens.

If I were the Jazz, I'd be looking for small forwards and wings who can handle and create. I could see them not picking up Samanic's guarantee, or trading out Fontecchio.

churn to find gold. I would guess Tech or Luka get a pink slip, but maybe waivers don't end up producing someone we like and they wait. Luka has a guarantee date of opening night and he gets another $600k... something to watch. There may not be anything juicy out there and they may just wait and make a move when/if something happens.
I vote that we extend Luka (and Dunn obviously) and concentrate on the trade market not the waiver wire market.

I really want to keep Potter and Langford. I don't care about Fontecchio or Juzang.

I would love to trade Olynyk for something useful as well; I think he has some value.

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded THT or Sexton at some point during the season.

If we trade Dunn I riot.

I really want to keep Potter and Langford. I don't care about Fontecchio or Juzang.

I would love to trade Olynyk for something useful as well; I think he has some value.

It wouldn't surprise me if we traded THT or Sexton at some point during the season.

If we trade Dunn I riot.

Agree on Potter and Fontechio.

Isaiah Roby, Jaylen Martin, and Jazian Gortman have all been recently waived.

Kind of surprised Martin or Gortman didn't get a 2 way with someone

If the FO thinks Hendricks needs to go into the G League to grow, then our paint players coming off the bench are super thin. KO isnt really great in the paint and other than him we only got Luka and Yurt7 who have both looked like projects recently. Not loving it.

We will probably stagger Kessler and Collins minutes, but its dumb that we are almost forced to do that and in case one of them gets injured we might struggle big time with the other one off the court.

Might be something they are gonna look to fix.

If the FO thinks Hendricks needs to go into the G League to grow, then our paint players coming off the bench are super thin. KO isnt really great in the paint and other than him we only got Luka and Yurt7 who have both looked like projects recently. Not loving it.

We will probably stagger Kessler and Collins minutes, but its dumb that we are almost forced to do that and in case one of them gets injured we might struggle big time with the other one off the court.

Might be something they are gonna look to fix.
Forced? The Jazz want to do that.