What's new

Do you think the relationship between Favors/Burks towards Ty can be repaired?

dipship31

Of the core 4 there's no doubt in my mind that Favors and Burks have turned on Corbin the most. Hayward has gotten plenty of burn since day 1 here and Kanter just seems to brush things off (for now). Watching Favors body language especially when the team does something good, like Marvin's 3 against the Spurs, he just doesn't have the excited reaction you hope to see. Maybe it's his personality, but I just feel he'd be a lot more excited with team success if he was getting the treatment he deserves. I see the same body language from Burks as well.

If Corbin is here for a while longer, we only bring back one of Al/Sap, and we don't sign a vet big to take Favors minutes do you think the relationship will work out? I have a feeling that if he's in the position to even get the 35 MPG next year he'll be playing with that vendetta over his head which I don't think will be healthy for him or the team. Same thing with Burks.

Obviously the best thing to do would be to end the Al era, end the Ty era, and start the youth movement with a clean slate from a new coach, but I'd honestly be shocked if we fired Ty so I'm just worried that even if Ty improves as a coach and Favors is given his deserved minutes there will still be issues.

Do you really think it needs repairing? Are you privy to locker room gossip? Why make such assumptions?

Do you really think it needs repairing? Are you privy to locker room gossip? Why make such assumptions?

I know total assumptions, but I've just seen nothing from Favors or Burks about showing me their happy here. I don't see any proof showing issues, but I also see no proof they're pleased. Has Corbin done anything that would make either of them want to play for him? Favors only gets good minutes with injuries and Burks only got to play period with injuries. I'm sure they know that.

Nope.

If I had an idiot for a boss that didn't make me feel as though I was a valuable member of the "team"...I would leave at the first opportunity possible (regardless if said idiot/organization gave me a raise).

The better question is: "Can the relationship between Jazz fans towards Ty be repaired?"

The better question is: "Can the relationship between Jazz fans towards Ty be repaired?"

If Ty all of a sudden turns into Doc Rivers we are easy to forgive. If all of a sudden he starts leading us to victories we'd immediately forgive. I'm 99.999999999% sure that won't happen.

If Ty all of a sudden turns into Doc Rivers we are easy to forgive. If all of a sudden he starts leading us to victories we'd immediately forgive. I'm 99.999999999% sure that won't happen.

May be I'd forgive.

But I'd never forget.

Of the core 4 there's no doubt in my mind that Favors and Burks have turned on Corbin the most. Hayward has gotten plenty of burn since day 1 here and Kanter just seems to brush things off (for now). Watching Favors body language especially when the team does something good, like Marvin's 3 against the Spurs, he just doesn't have the excited reaction you hope to see. Maybe it's his personality, but I just feel he'd be a lot more excited with team success if he was getting the treatment he deserves. I see the same body language from Burks as well.

If Corbin is here for a while longer, we only bring back one of Al/Sap, and we don't sign a vet big to take Favors minutes do you think the relationship will work out? I have a feeling that if he's in the position to even get the 35 MPG next year he'll be playing with that vendetta over his head which I don't think will be healthy for him or the team. Same thing with Burks.

Obviously the best thing to do would be to end the Al era, end the Ty era, and start the youth movement with a clean slate from a new coach, but I'd honestly be shocked if we fired Ty so I'm just worried that even if Ty improves as a coach and Favors is given his deserved minutes there will still be issues.

First Favors has always been like this from the beginning, and there is nothing to suggest that their relationships need repairing. Neither has ever said tweeted or text anything to make anyone think they are at odds with Ty.

I really don't think the relationship between Corbin and Burks is that bad. In fact, the contrary. If it were bad, Alec would never play the point here on out.

Corbin and Favors?
We're ****ed in the ****er.

Even if the players still like him, if you have a bad coach it's going to affect the success of the team, and as regards Corbin, the unfair way he gives playing time to players is only going to build resentment. You think DeMarre wants to stay here with Corbin as coach?

You don't have to like your boss to do your job well. You can still work hard and put in the extra effort for that next promotion even if you're manager is clueless.

If Favors is the person we want(hope) him to be then Favors is a professional who will do what it takes to advance his own career and be a key factor in his team winning. If the relationship needs to be repaired then I'm disappointed regardless of whether it can be repaired or not.

Favors and Burks know it like the back of their hand that Corbin won't change and won't be around next year. So they don't need to work out a relationship if its broken. They just need to wait for a coach who realizes and knows that they're much valuable assets for the organization than the vets.

Favors and Burks know it like the back of their hand that Corbin won't change and won't be around next year. So they don't need to work out a relationship if its broken. They just need to wait for a coach who realizes and knows that they're much valuable assets for the organization than the vets.

So we hope. This is the Utah Jazz we are talking about and they crave stability to the point of it being a fault.

Even if the players still like him, if you have a bad coach it's going to affect the success of the team, and as regards Corbin, the unfair way he gives playing time to players is only going to build resentment. You think DeMarre wants to stay here with Corbin as coach?

This.
If anything is going to cause issues, it is the way Ty lets the vets have a free pass , but heaven forbid any of the young guys make a mistake. We all know how that turns out.

The only players I could see liking Corbin are Slow Al and combo-crap Mo. I would guess everybody else either completely hates him, or just mostly hates him.