What's new

Do you want our pick to convey this year?

Do you want our pick to convey to OKC this year?

• Yes, and hopefully make some noise in the play in/play offs

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • No, I want a Top 10 pick this year!

Votes: 35 36.5%
  • Undecided/No Strong Preference

Votes: 21 21.9%

• Total voters
was there some entaglement with the pick that if it doesn't convey to OKC this year that we're somehow hamstrung in trading first rounders until it does ?? Vaguely remember hearing something about that

Are you completely demented? If you're gonna start posting vague **** like that you might as well move to Daylesford, smoke weed and marry a dude.

3 years is an eternity in the NBA. I would happily bet on **** happening.
Me as well. However, I can guarantee that not all the **** will be only the **** that is positive for the Jazz.

There's a low chance that the Cavs suddenly collapse. And there's a low chance that the Cavs make multiple Finals.

Me as well. However, I can guarantee that not all the **** will be only the **** that is positive for the Jazz.

I agree. I think we may end up both not making the play in and keeping our pick. Bad **** happens to us.
There's a low chance that the Cavs suddenly collapse. And there's a low chance that the Cavs make multiple Finals.
There is a low chance (like 20-30%) they collapse... there is an extremely low (like 1-2%) they make it to multiple finals. The difference is to realize horrible downside only one very bad thing has to happen... to win the title so many things have to go incredibly right.

I just changed my vote since I'm super on the fence and didn't want to follow the crowd. Also, it would be fun to get more in the 2024 draft and having picks all over the draft will be fun to start prepping for.

I might change my vote a few more times, FWIW.
Once you see these next 3 games a lot of people will change their vote

Odds are they are later picks based on the rosters of the cavs and wolves. I know many on this board think that Mitchell won't re-sign with the cavs but I don't believe that for a second. He's got something great brewing with the cavs and he isn't going anywhere.
Using current rosters to predict that the Cavs and wolves stay in the playoffs for the next 5 years is pretty linear thinking. It is a very low probability bet. Multidimensional variability with many things that can go wrong.

It seems some people read this question wrong. Its not "what do you think will happen", it quite literally asks "what do you want for to happen".

I'm interested in hearing what the positive scenario is where we keep the pick? Thus far Hendricks has looked rough, Keyonte was really rough in the last game.... but we really dont want the two JC's looking bad either or we might have a hard time moving either one in the offseason. I dont see many plausible feel good scenarios where we end up keeping our pick.

Season over for me. We have no chance to go into play-in after the moves we make. Just keep our pick and hope we get lucky this year
I do not really understand the interest to play as well as we can half season and then make sure we sucks the second part. I never like half decision in life. Tank hard or try to win . Looks like today, we don't really know the direction to follow on my opinion. Hope off season will show some change.
I also afraid Lauri did not see this team winning for the next 2 or 3 years and ask to be traded. I don't see him wasting his prime years as many teams will be interesting to get him and pay him well. Hopefully im wrong.

Idgaf anymore. I like the things Hardy is trying to do, but he and the team will be betrayed year after year until the talking heads are feeling they mined a new all-nba from the draft.

I just changed my vote since I'm super on the fence and didn't want to follow the crowd. Also, it would be fun to get more in the 2024 draft and having picks all over the draft will be fun to start prepping for.

I might change my vote a few more times, FWIW.

OK, might have to change my vote again. Last night hurt, a lot more than I thought it would. My head is conflicted, but my heart obviously wants to see this team win. Hearing about how down they are in the locker room, makes me want them to win even more. I want it for them.

It seems some people read this question wrong. Its not "what do you think will happen", it quite literally asks "what do you want for to happen".

I'm interested in hearing what the positive scenario is where we keep the pick? Thus far Hendricks has looked rough, Keyonte was really rough in the last game.... but we really dont want the two JC's looking bad either or we might have a hard time moving either one in the offseason. I dont see many plausible feel good scenarios where we end up keeping our pick.
I think the positive scenario is another lottery pick that can net you a potentially good player or a great trade asset. The team could play okay and just not be enough or load management happens. I see more positives the other way, which is why I hope for it but they are both fine at this point.

Using current rosters to predict that the Cavs and wolves stay in the playoffs for the next 5 years is pretty linear thinking. It is a very low probability bet. Multidimensional variability with many things that can go wrong.
It really isn't because you base it off of the best players age. Both teams have a young core group with bonafide stars. Odd are they will be solid for near future. Maybe not best team in the league solid but definitely solid playoff team with the upside of being the best team in the league.

It took one loss for people to change up lmao
Team tank got a flawless victory last night. Rookies being gifted minutes… vets frustrated… coach seemingly in on the tank… I mean in on “the future”.

Even if we take this week to figure it out… going 0-3 this week is pretty detrimental to our play in hopes.

Ainge:

1707833823107.gif

The Jazz are really starting to piss me off I opened the season rooting for losses. Then they go on a massive win streak so I said fine I’ll root for wins. Then, they make some tank like moves. So now I’m tank shopping for a new tank after I recked the last one. Hopefully we don’t mess this one up, team tank baby!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk