What's new

Does Lauri Get Traded?

Does Lauri Get Dealt Before The Season Starts?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Saint Cy of JFC

2022 Award Winner
Utah has a nearly full roster with only a few players over the age of 26. Will they deal Lauri this off-season and go shameless tank?

The reporting says otherwise, but we've seen Danny say and do different things.

I want Lauri on the Jazz, but I voted yes. We just haven’t been able to build around him. The problem now is the NY trade… that set the bar really high on what return we should expect and I don’t think most teams would be willing to pay it.

I want Lauri on the Jazz, but I voted yes. We just haven’t been able to build around him. The problem now is the NY trade… that set the bar really high on what return we should expect and I don’t think most teams would be willing to pay it.
Yeah, but if a team comes just shy if the Bridges offer are they going to say no?

Mmm, I'm wondering what @Handlogten's Heros thinks :rolleyes::D
lol… actions always louder than words… don’t believe the GM. That said… like a 5% or less chance he gets moved. I think it requires at least the Bridges package. I also think if we can get him to sign the extension he may end up having more value than he does now.

If we pivot to tank it is likely with Lauri and I could see Sexton being moved. I’m sure they have some irons in the fire but I think if they move Lauri it’s because someone gets REALLY aggressive.

I think the bridge package makes it a little less likely because Ainge will require something similar and other teams might be reluctant since he is on an expiring, although I'm not really sure what the rules are for signing and extending.

On the other hand the draft makes me think we are more likely to tank since we didn't trade for anyone and didn't pick win now type players.

If Lauri gets traded it's because he won't sign an extension. I'm pretty confident that the Jazz want to sign him. I think Lauri wants to sign as well, but not as confident.

I'm pretty sure once he signs he can't be traded for 6 months, correct?
I think the extension has already been agreed to but that is pure tea leaf reading and speculation. I think they are working under the assumption he signs it. It makes all the sense in the world for both parties to get it done and move him later if it isn’t working.

On the other hand the draft makes me think we are more likely to tank since we didn't trade for anyone and didn't pick win now type players.
I think Kris Dunn might be a small tell. If he walks for a reasonable price then I think a stealth tank is on the horizon. I think we could end up being like the 7-8th worst team and the pulling the plug AS break again and moving someone. Poor Lauri… but… that’s what the moneys for.

I said like 4 months ago that if we draft 3 guys without adding anyone you all should look at that as a sign.

It would be kinda wild to project even a play in spot for the current roster. I mean sure, players develop but this is the same team that absolutely plowed the entire post ASB part of the schedule.

So unless dramatic things happen, this is obviously a tank year, but it could another "IDGAF about results trade DL tank" as they are probably happy with the results from past 2 such tanks.

lol… actions always louder than words… don’t believe the GM. That said… like a 5% or less chance he gets moved. I think it requires at least the Bridges package. I also think if we can get him to sign the extension he may end up having more value than he does now.

If we pivot to tank it is likely with Lauri and I could see Sexton being moved. I’m sure they have some irons in the fire but I think if they move Lauri it’s because someone gets REALLY aggressive.
If Collier shows out sooner then later, then Sexton IMO is as good as gone

Look the jazz won’t trade him now. It will happen though. We have 6 rookies and sophomores. At the earliest I think he gets traded in two years. Who knows, we may draft three more rookies next year in a deep draft. At some point the jazz will realize just how young this team is and realize what they did at the end of the Stockton and Malone era that it’s time to start over again because it’s not getting done with Lauri.

Looking around the landscape I think they would need to consider it if Houston is offering a warchest that included the future Phoenix picks, assuming the Rockets don't trade them for Durant.

Short of that OKC is really the only other team with enough draft/prospect ammo to tempt Ainge. Thunder have a ton of incoming picks but none of them really look to become super high lottery picks.

Philadelphia has a few future Clipper picks that could become gold but not sure that's quite enough to tempt Ainge.

To the poll, the answer is "No".

DA will not trade him just to make the team worse, and he shouldnt. If we were to land one of the top prospects of next draft, then it accelerates our timeline back to where Lauri fits it pretty well.

If we dont land one of the top prospects, then its not like Lauri should lose a bunch of trade value. I think he will have a better season next year, now that the whole military service thing isnt bothering his offseason work.

Look the jazz won’t trade him now. It will happen though. We have 6 rookies and sophomores. At the earliest I think he gets traded in two years. Who knows, we may draft three more rookies next year in a deep draft. At some point the jazz will realize just how young this team is and realize what they did at the end of the Stockton and Malone era that it’s time to start over again because it’s not getting done with Lauri.
Expand that by 1 more year and you see that we actually have 10 players on the full roster with less than 3 years of NBA experience (Preston, Lofton, Kessler and Juzang are all from 2022 class).

So we are going to be bad unless they make big moves... which i doubt at this point.

Jazz may not have their own draft pick next year so full tank may not help
Can somebody figure that out Thank you :) :) :)

Houston/OKC/GS are the teams that I’m looking at for a Lauri offer. They have to blow us away. I’m also seeing what happens with Collin. Sounds like we have repaired the relationship with Walker but the right offer could come in there too. Lauri also likely wants to sign the extension. It provides generational money and injuries can happen to anyone. $200M should be his first motivation.

It
Houston/OKC/GS are the teams that I’m looking at for a Lauri offer. They have to blow us away. I’m also seeing what happens with Collin. Sounds like we have repaired the relationship with Walker but the right offer could come in there too. Lauri also likely wants to sign the extension. It provides generational money and injuries can happen to anyone. $200M should be his first motivation.
I think he also sees the vision with Danny and wants to be part of it.

I see the Jazz's rebuild as a hybrid of New York and OKC

Back