What's new

Domestic Abuse cases Up 75% in Utah County during Pandemic

as someone who wakes up every day trying to help and leave a positive impact this story just rustles my jimmies...

Imagine spending a day screaming(or worse) at your spouse, then ending up in handcuffs, then ending up with all the **** that follows LMAO... Who has time for that **** in the year 2020?!?!... what a way to CHOOSE to spend your time...

Abuse would be way down if you just let people go to their jobs?!?! what does that say??

Im just gonna leave this thread with this Bill Burr quote;
2kWWD6tvyM6uxibg-w7aG35DZMupeTxQEV-NalsIaD8.jpg

Last edited:
gonna say one more thing because I do actually believe it would have a profound impact. I truly believe the term "Anger Issues" is way, way, way underutilized these days --- and that it's gravely detrimental to our society as a whole.. Why are we so scared to identify obvious "Anger issues" as such?

Domestic Abuse stories often involve 2 adults who seemingly can't identify or react to anger issues til the 25th hour... Their minds are often too distracted by a game of whataboutism or whataboutery...

Ever play a team-based shooting video game online? if you have, you'd know that an INCREDIBLE amount of teenage kids are running around with really impulsive (and probably unidentified) anger issues(and dont have the slightest clue how to properly diffuse), the cycle will continue (plus the amount of kids I hear worshiping amphetamines, like they cant function without them, is truly scary but thats off-topic)...

"Anger Issues"just has this ring to it, where it sounds like your talking about a little kid, which is PUR-FECT. It's funny, this grown-up has "anger issues" LOL If there was ever a movie called "Anger Issues" it'd obviously be a comedy, probably a pg13 one.....

The wide-spread use of the label "anger issues" would do so much more good than the alternatives commonly used now, which is some mental health cop-out like there's some affliction or a witch has cursed you, or the cop out is "i was drinking i need to sober up" something along those lines...

Whatever happened to;
if-you-are-patient-in-one-moment-of-anger-you-7739985.png

The way to prevent anger is to quell it in that moment. end of story.... Everything after is just monday-morning quarterbacking....

There's literally no counter-argument to this post either... Just look at how these issues are amplified by wide-spread alcohol consumption, which of course is far and away the biggest driver of violent crimes worldwide..

Cluttering things by sweeping them under a blanket-term like 'mental health issues', it's super dangerous because people are dumb and dont think outside the box... Plus Mental Health Issues just, at this point, sounds like an issue thats solved with some pill due to some imbalance.. Which i guess, maybe ive found why the term is so unpopular, it might convice people to find other coping mechanisms?!?...

There's more money to be made with the way things are.. right? I swear it's like Garfields nightmare where he wakes up in the future and has to eat lasagna pills instead of real lasagna..

the alternative is to of course educate people how to control and identify their anger and breathe/chill out from an early age!... We would probably honestly need a lot less cops... this would have a profound impact on not only the core issue im adressing here but just overall stress and anxiety levels, which are higher now for kids than they've ever been....

people should also be taught that violence is the lowest form of communication, instead it's really the source of great arrogance.. it should be viewed as a childish behavior... I guarantee you a very high % of these issues happen with some dude who cant even fight a lick, and is just a manchild, who's parents did a mediocre(at-best) job raising them, with anger issues that overwhelm them..

Last edited:
Not a big fan of “mental health issues” myself. I mean for legit cases of *******s of the type who shoot up schools, of course. But for many, I sort of eyeroll that ********. People need to learn to accept certain truths and find ways to make their selves happy and basically grow the **** up. They need to learn from a very young age that **** isn’t always going to go their way. They need to learn to fight their way through certain struggles. And despite those harsh realities, they need to be guided at a young age, encouraged, loved. But ****, people need to man the **** up and get over their own ********. I’ve kept it no secret my older brother committed suicide. It’s been almost ten years now. And I know that he’d agree with me with everything I’ve said.

Not a big fan of “mental health issues” myself. I mean for legit cases of *******s of the type who shoot up schools, of course. But for many, I sort of eyeroll that ********. People need to learn to accept certain truths and find ways to make their selves happy and basically grow the **** up. They need to learn from a very young age that **** isn’t always going to go their way. They need to learn to fight their way through certain struggles. And despite those harsh realities, they need to be guided at a young age, encouraged, loved. But ****, people need to man the **** up and get over their own ********. I’ve kept it no secret my older brother committed suicide. It’s been almost ten years now. And I know that he’d agree with me with everything I’ve said.

Sounds like loser talk.

gonna say one more thing because I do actually believe it would have a profound impact. I truly believe the term "Anger Issues" is way, way, way underutilized these days --- and that it's gravely detrimental to our society as a whole.. Why are we so scared to identify obvious "Anger issues" as such?

Domestic Abuse stories often involve 2 adults who seemingly can't identify or react to anger issues til the 25th hour... Their minds are often too distracted by a game of whataboutism or whataboutery...

Violence is just one tool of abuse, and usually not even the one most commonly used.

Did they even give any numbers to put this into perspective? A percentage increase doesn't give a whole lot of info.

If they received 4 calls a month and now they receive 7, that's way different than 40 jumping to 70.

What percentage of the population is this. How does this compare to other cities and states?

75% increase means almost nothing without context.

I'm not saying any increase is not something to be concerned about, I'm just saying it's not enough info.