What's new

donate some random facts: fighting the offseason.

NAOS

Chris Paul, whom every national commentator stupidly fawns over, is 30 years old and hasn't even made it halfway to Stockton's career assist total (regular season: 6950 vs. 15806).

While Stockton was the regular season assist king, Magic Johnson ruled the playoffs. Even though Stockton played in 8 fewer post-season games (182 vs. 190), he wouldn't have matched Magic over an equal span. (post season totals: 1839 vs. 2346).

LeBron James has played in only one fewer post season game than Michael Jordan (178 vs 179), but he has played more playoff minutes (7561 vs 7474). Michael is the all-time leader in playoff points with 5987. LeBron has 5020.

please give some stats so I have something to daze into on JFC. gracsi.

The observable universe is 92 billion light years across. This is a fraction of the total size, which will probably forever be in the realm of the unkowable.

There are 169,518,829,100,544,000,000,000,000,000 ways to play the first ten moves of any chess game. The odds of filling out an entire March Madness bracket correctly (assuming that every game is chosen as a 50/50 proposition) is 1 in 9,223,372,036,854,775,808.

The observable universe is 92 billion light years across. This is a fraction of the total size, which will probably forever be in the realm of the unkowable.

you should change your title to Freelance Random Fact Donor

Utah Jazz Training camp opens Monday, September 28.

This is the 36th season the Jazz will have played in utah. In those 36 seasons they made the playoffs 25 times.

Monday's--the Jazz have 13 games on Mondays this season, down from 15 Monday games last season. The Jazz were 6-9 on Mondays last year.

28--The Jazz have rolled out a starting lineup that included Burke, Burks, Hayward, and Favors only 28 times in the last two seasons. The Jazz were 13-15 in those games. They were 9-15 when Enes started with those 4.

The 28th is 4 days away...last season the Jazz had 4 players who played in 4 games or less.
+Patrick Christopher played in 4 games and missed all four of his 3 pt attempts.

+Grant Jerret played in only 3 games but made 4 fgs, had 4 defensive rebounds and fouled 4 times.

+Jerrelle Bennimon played in 2 games and was just seconds short of playing 4 minutes.

+Torre Murray didn't record a single stat in his 00:01:05 he played for the Jazz. But he later signed with the Washington Wizards and played 4 games for them and scored 4 points in his first game there.

In non-Jazz randomness...according to a Harris poll from 2012 45% of adults said people with tattoos are less attractive. 39% said they were less sexy. 27% said they were less intelligent, and 25% Said they were less healthy.
A full 50% of people thought people with tattoos were more rebellious.

People with tattoos said that tattoos made them feel:
Sexy 30%
Rebelious25%
attractive 21%
Spiritual 16%
Healthy 9%
Intelligent 8%
Athletic 5%

Trey Burke has several tattoos including one that has part of the Clippers logo on his right elbow.

Last edited:
Karl Malone is the player that gave Stockton the record breaking (9,922nd) assist that broke the record.

Former Jazzman Allan Bristow went on to coach the Charlotte Hornets.

I was hoping this thread would draw out mellow

hqdefault.jpg

Wasn't difficult.

I will be back tomorrow.

Chris Paul, whom every national commentator stupidly fawns over, is 30 years old and hasn't even made it halfway to Stockton's career assist total (regular season: 6950 vs. 15806).

While Stockton was the regular season assist king, Magic Johnson ruled the playoffs. Even though Stockton played in 8 fewer post-season games (182 vs. 190), he wouldn't have matched Magic over an equal span. (post season totals: 1839 vs. 2346).

LeBron James has played in only one fewer post season game than Michael Jordan (178 vs 179), but he has played more playoff minutes (7561 vs 7474). Michael is the all-time leader in playoff points with 5987. LeBron has 5020.

please give some stats so I have something to daze into on JFC. gracsi.

So every national commentator "stupidly" fawns over Chris Paul? Are you saying you are smarter than EVERY national commentator?

So every national commentator "stupidly" fawns over Chris Paul? Are you saying you are smarter than EVERY national commentator?

when it comes to Chris Paul and his place in greatness (especially vis-a-vis John Stockton), then I've yet to hear a single national commentator put him in his proper place. Not one.

when it comes to Chris Paul and his place in greatness (especially vis-a-vis John Stockton), then I've yet to hear a single national commentator put him in his proper place. Not one.

Lol

No national commentator has ever said Chris Paul is or was better than John Stockton. Provide a link please.

Tell us, what Chris Paul's " proper place" ?

Lol

No national commentator has ever said Chris Paul is or was better than John Stockton. Provide a link please.

Tell us, what Chris Paul's " proper place" ?

Did I say they did? Them saying so isn't a necessary precondition for my statement. How poor are your critical thinking skills?

At this point of his career (the downside), Chris Paul belongs on a list of the most over-rated players. In comparison to John Stockton, he'd be something like a "bitch".

Did I say they did? Them saying so isn't a necessary precondition for my statement. How poor are your critical thinking skills?

At this point of his career (the downside), Chris Paul belongs on a list of the most over-rated players. In comparison to John Stockton, he'd be something like a "bitch".

So all the national commentators out there should say Chris Paul is John Stockton's bitch just to "put him in his place" ?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

So all the national commentators out there should say Chris Paul is John Stockton's bitch just to "put him in his place" ?

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight!

you really need to get examined. Tell them to stick the probe in really deep, or they'll probably miss the core of the problem.

you really need to get examined. Tell them to stick the probe in really deep, or they'll probably miss the core of the problem.

1) I do get examined. In the pelvic region. By your mom.. Every. Single. Night.

2) Why are you fantasizing about things probing me?