What's new

Donovan Mitchell is Tyreke Evans not D wade

Didn't that video come out during the Houston series?
U r right. I guess he didn’t score 20 points in a quarter and possily win a road game in Houston by himself were it not for a foot injury that left him unable to meaningfully train for 2-3 months.

Donovan is obviously having a worse season. I’m interested to know all of the reasons why, but it’s most likely that he:

1 - didn’t get to train in the off-season
2 - probably wasn’t even 100% when he came back. He has been lacking zip to his game since the season began.

That is in addition to that the league has had time to really dial in on their scouting of him. Add all of that with the fairy dust wearing off Rubio, Royce, and basically every other non-Ingles player that’s supposed to shoot the ball, and you’re off to a pretty good start as to what’s going on.

Nowhere in the top 100 reasons for his slump is Kobe Bryant talking about him at length one time. Get ****ing real.

I would love to know how the coaching of Mitchell goes. I am frustrated that there doesn’t seem to be any attempt at reigning in some of his absolutely bad decision making.

My biggest concern last year with Mitchell is him learning bad habits just because we needed a star. It feels like that assessment is accurate so far.

I would love to know how the coaching of Mitchell goes. I am frustrated that there doesn’t seem to be any attempt at reigning in some of his absolutely bad decision making.

My biggest concern last year with Mitchell is him learning bad habits just because we needed a star. It feels like that assessment is accurate so far.

Oh...So its perfectly fine for you to question how he has been coached up?

I refer you to your own post just before this one.

U r right. I guess he didn’t score 20 points in a quarter and possily win a road game in Houston by himself were it not for a foot injury that left him unable to meaningfully train for 2-3 months.

Donovan is obviously having a worse season. I’m interested to know all of the reasons why, but it’s most likely that he:

1 - didn’t get to train in the off-season
2 - probably wasn’t even 100% when he came back. He has been lacking zip to his game since the season began.

That is in addition to that the league has had time to really dial in on their scouting of him. Add all of that with the fairy dust wearing off Rubio, Royce, and basically every other non-Ingles player that’s supposed to shoot the ball, and you’re off to a pretty good start as to what’s going on.

Nowhere in the top 100 reasons for his slump is Kobe Bryant talking about him at length one time. Get ****ing real.

Donavan clearly was trying to implement what Kobe told him about trying to take contact instead of avoiding it. Which, IMO, is what got him screwed up. His biggest strength was the ability to avoid last minute contact and make a difficult layup. There was a clear difference in how he was attacking, and it wasnt working either.

There was a huge narrative during that time about how good Donavan is at implementing new advice. Donavan, the coaches, broadcasters, and everyone pretty much was talking about it. Donavan also talked quite a bit about taking Kobe's advice. You cant tell me he wasnt trying to use what Kobe said. You also wont convince me he was great in that Houston series either. I know what a saw.

The Kobe video probably isnt the sole reason for his struggles today, but it was in that Houston series, and it certainly could have had lingering effects.

Last edited:
Oh...So its perfectly fine for you to question how he has been coached up?

I refer you to your own post just before this one.
To your first point: no one is perfect, not even Quin or Donovan.

To your second: I don’t know what you’re referring to.

We're supposed to believe that Mitchell never heard of drawing contact before a some Youtube video pointed it out.

There is a difference between doing it on a regular basis, and knowing about it. Why do you think Kobe pointed it out?

By the way:

Dwyane Wade played with Shaq and has only seen success playing next to another HOFer. He also entered the league two years older than Mitchell.