What's new

Donovan Mitchell

Elizah Huge

Respect All, Fear None
Contributor
2024 Award Winner
D-Mitch is averaging 25 PPG this year easily.

Last edited:
That midrange is soooooo deadly. I think FIBA, preseason, and now this game are enough sample size that we can say that this is the player he is. And with Rudy setting screens and shooters in the corner, he can get an open 15 footer whenever he wants it.

Do you all notice the rip sound his shots have been making this preseason and against OKC. Man it sounds good. He is money, dead on, no rim. I love it!

That midrange is soooooo deadly. I think FIBA, preseason, and now this game are enough sample size that we can say that this is the player he is. And with Rudy setting screens and shooters in the corner, he can get an open 15 footer whenever he wants it.
Beat me to it. I was gonna bring this up. His mid range is so good. I know it's supposed to be a bad shot but when your percentage is as good as his seems to be then it seems like it would be a good shot even analytically.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using JazzFanz mobile app

Beat me to it. I was gonna bring this up. His mid range is so good. I know it's supposed to be a bad shot but when your percentage is as good as his seems to be then it seems like it would be a good shot even analytically.

It’s also the shot you’re gonna get in the playoffs which is when and why they matter.

It’s also the shot you’re gonna get in the playoffs which is when and why they matter.

This... he also used to drive for that middle floater... the pullup from 15 is such a better shot.

Whatever the analytics say, it seems pretty safe to like it when he chooses a midrange jumper over his floater. For now, at least.

A contested midrange is a bad shot. A wide open 15 footer, especially in the last few seconds of a game is a GREAT shot, especially if everyone knows that is the guy taking the shot.