What's new

Donovan Mitchell's Next Contract

I haven't been reading the new CBA and CBA FAQ, so I don't know. I'm sorry.

I think the FO probably expected Mitchell to supplant Hayward in a few years, but not so immediate. If Mitchell's current trajectory holds, he's going to be All-NBA next year or the year after, so the Lindsey and the crew are going to have to plan for that contract. Whatever timelines we had for DM, he's accelerated that beyond any expectation. It's also why I think the Jazz are going to be extremely active in this year's draft to try and get some additional young bodies on the team to grow along side, either moving up or making shipping our pick as part of a package to get another player to grow along side DM. Gobert is 25 and DM is 21. Another player in that range would be nice, such as a Kuzma (good luck with that). We'll see what happens.

I'm thinking we'll be seeing a Donovan Mitchell Toyota dealership popping up on State Street.
Whatever it takes if he continues on his current trajectory is what I'm hoping for!

HH's take is right. Rose and Davis signed their extensions early, but they didn't kick in until year 5. Which is great news for the Jazz.