What's new

Donovan will address local media tomorrow

Should be interesting. I wonder if they are gonna ask him any tough questions, or throw him a bunch of softballs.
Unless the Jazz specifically tell the media not to ask him certain questions, they’re going to get asked. Specifically Andy Larsen, he isn’t afraid to ask pretty pointed questions, and even if the Jazz don’t want the questions asked he may still ask.

I've seen a couple different stories from Jazz Nation via facebook that talk about Mitchell being super cool with local fans and saying how much he loves SLC. It feels a bit fake to me, not saying it didn't happen but almost like the Donovan Mitchell PR machine had a talk with him and these stories are the result.

So yeah, Jazz Nation putting a positive spin on Mitchell and have not given Gobert the same treatment as of yet.

I mean he addressed it, said “we’re fine, we’re ready to hoop”. Didn’t go into much detail, but started off a little different kind of saying “I know you have to ask it, I’m going to address it, and let’s just leave it at that”.....little different vibe while answering not his normal PR self answering that question. He basically said, I’m answering it, don’t ask me about it again kinda vibe.

Also, he absolutely was pretty upset over the comments. Basically saying, I’ve been here, I live here, and they pissed him off after giving his all for 2-3 years. Also said he knows it’s not a Utah thing but the stigma here is no secret and that those comments didn’t help, saying he plays here, he lives here, and is going to address it here because of it and he’s going to continue doing it. Don’s doing good in this interview, he does have a little different vibe during this interview though.

Tim McMahon from ESPN asked why he let it linger. Donovan essentially said he wasn’t going to continue feeding headlines, his coaches and teammates knew how he felt and he left it at that.

Donovan was much more candid in that interview. Not as much PR.