What's new

Don't forget to go and vote and tell others to as well

195b94b05c527a876d0990878cf4a615.jpg

Too bad the studies have consistently said otherwise. But I like the font in that fun banner you found. I also like the USA colors.

Bull crap:

Noah Carl found that Republicans were brighter than Democrats by 2-3 IQ points, and that a Republican advantage held true even when allowance was made for socio-economic status. The IQ difference was largest for committed supporters of each party. Sample sizes were large in his study, and the mean differences sufficient to have real life consequences.

Note that among committed supporters Republicans are 5 IQ points ahead on Vocabulary and 3 IQ points ahead on probability, verbal reasoning and comprehension. Brighter, in fact. Assume for the purposes of argument that Democrats are IQ 99 and Republicans IQ 102 thus reflecting the observed 3 point difference which I will take as a summary of the results. Then at IQ 130 (+2 sigma, or elite university level equivalent) we will find 1.9% of Democrats and 3.1% of Republicans. Highest paying jobs will mostly be obtained by Republicans. At +1 sigma, corresponding to white collar jobs, we will find 14.3% of Democrats and 19.3% of Republicans. Finally, if we consider an IQ of 93 to be required for most reasonable jobs, then 34.5% of Democrats will be rejected, and only 27.4% of Republicans. Differences of a mere 3 IQ points on average become more evident at the extremes, and can inflame political discussions. Democrats will be slightly more likely to feel aggrieved about job opportunities and status than Republicans.

http://www.unz.com/jthompson/election-special-are-republicans/

Bull crap:

Noah Carl found that Republicans were brighter than Democrats by 2-3 IQ points, and that a Republican advantage held true even when allowance was made for socio-economic status. The IQ difference was largest for committed supporters of each party. Sample sizes were large in his study, and the mean differences sufficient to have real life consequences.

Note that among committed supporters Republicans are 5 IQ points ahead on Vocabulary and 3 IQ points ahead on probability, verbal reasoning and comprehension. Brighter, in fact. Assume for the purposes of argument that Democrats are IQ 99 and Republicans IQ 102 thus reflecting the observed 3 point difference which I will take as a summary of the results. Then at IQ 130 (+2 sigma, or elite university level equivalent) we will find 1.9% of Democrats and 3.1% of Republicans. Highest paying jobs will mostly be obtained by Republicans. At +1 sigma, corresponding to white collar jobs, we will find 14.3% of Democrats and 19.3% of Republicans. Finally, if we consider an IQ of 93 to be required for most reasonable jobs, then 34.5% of Democrats will be rejected, and only 27.4% of Republicans. Differences of a mere 3 IQ points on average become more evident at the extremes, and can inflame political discussions. Democrats will be slightly more likely to feel aggrieved about job opportunities and status than Republicans.

http://www.unz.com/jthompson/election-special-are-republicans/
Lol a Noah Carl paper is your evidence? Did you look at the dozen or so other studies that say otherwise. Did you look at the peer reviews of this paper... Here's one snipers about his research: “It is never OK to publish research this bad, even in an inconsequential online journal."

It looks like you googled and found the first thing to support your claim.

If it makes you feel better I only voted a couple Democrats this ballot.

Lol a Noah Carl paper is your evidence? Did you look at the dozen or so other studies that say otherwise. Did you look at the peer reviews of this paper... Here's one snipers about his research: “It is never OK to publish research this bad, even in an inconsequential online journal."

It looks like you googled and found the first thing to support your claim.

If it makes you feel better I only voted a couple Democrats this ballot.

I have said this before. There is an article/study for every side. Just because you say yours is best does not make it so. Oh no, some liberal did a peer review and said it was bad research. Who gives a crap. Just because more liberal publications have done studies (to prove how smart and self-important they are) and a google search brings up the liberal crap first does not mean that there are not many different studies out there.

Who said I was non-partisan? You have seen a few of these threads right?

VOTE RED!!

“ I leave the partisan fight for the many conservative bashing threads out there already”

No you dont.

“ I leave the partisan fight for the many conservative bashing threads out there already”

No you dont.

You're right on this one. I have come to assume that all threads that discuss politics are conservative bashing threads. I could have just said I voted on this thread.

I have said this before. There is an article/study for every side.

Science doesn't have a political side. Producing a deliberately slanted paper does not mean you are doing science. Careful research shows the opposite of your claim.

Now, I don't think any intelligence difference between liberals and conservatives is particularly meaningful, and it is probably better explained ages of the groups membership and the Flynn effect than anything else (that would be an interesting study), but making a couple of awful studies is simply *not* science.

I have said this before. There is an article/study for every side. Just because you say yours is best does not make it so. Oh no, some liberal did a peer review and said it was bad research. Who gives a crap. Just because more liberal publications have done studies (to prove how smart and self-important they are) and a google search brings up the liberal crap first does not mean that there are not many different studies out there.
Cool, clearly you don't understand studies The difference between quality, peer reviewed, and replicable studies and garbage. You simply want to believe what you want to believe and find information to confirm that.