What's new

Down On the Farm

Some Jazz alums were active in the Cavs-Bucks GLeague skirmish. Rayjohn Tucker had 17 points, Justin James had 15 points and former training camp player and Stars player Trevon Scott had 24 points 10 rebounds and 4 blocked shots. The Bucks team won by two. Both Tucker and James chucked a lot of shots for their points. Tucker did hit the game winning shot at the buzzer.

Last edited:
Interesting that the Jazz two way players are both sitting on the bench with the main team (well Forrest is most games). When the G-league season has started

Apparently after a few 4 minute stints Jared Butler hasn't set the world on fire so now he gets to go play with the Stars in a role that will look different than his real NBA role. Silly stuff.

Apparently after a few 4 minute stints Jared Butler hasn't set the world on fire so now he gets to go play with the Stars in a role that will look different than his real NBA role. Silly stuff.
I mostly agree with you, and very much worry we are messing up his development. The only positive I can see is he could use some non pressure minutes to learn how to run our offense and learn how to make some quicker decisions with the ball so it doesn't stick so much. I assume the Stars run the same offense, and I assume he will be super coached up there, but don't think he can learn to adjust to NBA speed unless he plays real games.

Quin has decided to go with Forrest in that backup guard spot. I have mixed feelings on that, but Butler isn't going to be getting meaningful minutes on the Jazz. So with that in mind, the Stars make sense.

Forrest is the new version of Shelvin Mack. Doesn't give you much but coach likes him, for whatever reason.
It's predictability. Kind of like the devil you know is better than the devil you don't. He knows exactly what Forrest will provide. He doesn't know what Butler will provide so he's going with safe and familiar.

Forrest is the new version of Shelvin Mack. Doesn't give you much but coach likes him, for whatever reason.
Forrest has played some really nice possessions of individual and team defense. He also gets the offense going and passes to the right people to make plays. He's been pretty dependable and doesn't make a lot of mistakes. Forrest is a good prospect and gives us some things that we desperately need (perimeter defense). I get the idea of developing him and giving him minutes.

On the other hand his lack of shooting or even willingness to shoot really messes up our offense at times. It doesn't seem super probable that his shooting will improve much. To me, Butler is a much better prospect and should be prioritized, but I also will concede I have a limited view of everything going on.

I mostly agree with you, and very much worry we are messing up his development. The only positive I can see is he could use some non pressure minutes to learn how to run our offense and learn how to make some quicker decisions with the ball so it doesn't stick so much. I assume the Stars run the same offense, and I assume he will be super coached up there, but don't think he can learn to adjust to NBA speed unless he plays real games.

Quin has decided to go with Forrest in that backup guard spot. I have mixed feelings on that, but Butler isn't going to be getting meaningful minutes on the Jazz. So with that in mind, the Stars make sense.
I just don't value the G League much and that isn't because of @homeytennis and our growing feud. If he spends time down there and plays for 30 minutes a night it is tough to simulate the role he will have when he's back with the big boys. It is a place he can get some time and there is some value to it... he could also develop bad habits and have the ball stick even more. I kind of disagree with the assessment that the ball sticks with him. He can do stuff with the ball and should create a little while out there. He's a good passer... its just toggling between the two modes. In the G league is he going to defer to others when he's way more talented than most of the guys.

I think its short sighted and sends the wrong message. Forrest is the predictable safe option who has waited his turn. Quin makes this mistake too often.