What's new

Dream scenario

Don't want. Hasn't won a title. Not enough assists. Too many jumpshots.

If he likes talented small market team with a chance of winning a championship wouldn't he rather go with the Blazers with Lillard & Aldridge?

What gives us the advantage over the Blazers?

A lot can happen this year and next, but I don't think this is as far fetched as people think.

Exum/Hayward/Favors would be attractive for a lot of guys to play with. Other teams that would be attractive would be the Warriors, Clippers and Pelicans.

WTF? Let me see if I understand this. Durant decides to bring his talents to SLC, and you decline?

Of course I'd want him, I just said he isn't my dream player to come here (that would be Chris Paul). Same argument as the one against Melo. Style doesn't fit our system. Too much ISO p&r with 3-and-D shooters spacing the floor. we have none of those players, which is why we run movement based p&r.

Of course I'd take Durant, but I prefer ball movement over ISO, hence Durant is not my dream. Neither is Melo.

When he leaves OKC, it will be to sign with Dallas or Houston.

KD is from DC. There have already been some rumblings that they're trying to pave the way to get him at some point. They have a solid young core there and will likely end up in the playoffs a couple of times since the East is so pathetic. If the Thunder trade him (which they will try to do if it gets to that point), my guess is that he'll force his way to the Wizards and they'll pay a hefty price to team him and Wall up with whoever they can put around them.

Of course I'd want him, I just said he isn't my dream player to come here (that would be Chris Paul). Same argument as the one against Melo. Style doesn't fit our system. Too much ISO p&r with 3-and-D shooters spacing the floor. we have none of those players, which is why we run movement based p&r.

Of course I'd take Durant, but I prefer ball movement over ISO, hence Durant is not my dream. Neither is Melo.

With a player like Durant, you adapt. You're overthinking things, IMO. And trout had a hashtag he wanted me to share.
-
#CP3StillDrinksPee

I personally don't like Durant, but I think that's because of the superstar foul calls that he gets. I remember season opener last year he took like 24 free throws total...The Jazz had 28 as a team. Really frustrating to watch him play against your team. However, if he came to the Jazz I would be happy with it because it would make us legit title contenders....however I don't see it happening.